General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Speed Camera Vans......

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Fruit'n'nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLU
If you read my first post you'll see I was doing 35mph when I got speed checked. I was not doing 60 going around that corner, in fact I wasn't much over 40 mph as I know the junction is there so was already going an appropriate speed in readiness to slow down for the speed change. I just got caught out with a silly mistake, end of.

The rooftops you can see are agricultural buildings and there are no residences in view for at least another 1/2 mile after the 30 sign.

The location sign is brown to inform you its a Market town and its another mile before you arrive there. All the place names for some obscure reason where I live are brown.......

I was pointing out the signs are badly positioned (and I've noticed that a lot round here!) and really the should be displayed before the place name sign imho. If they wanna prosecute then the signs should be up to scratch. One rule for us and another (lack of) rule for them!
Fair enough, you were caught out - I didn't say you were a kitten-killer or anything

Rooftops (whether residential or not) and market towns means there's a possibility of vehicles turning off/onto the main road ahead of you, as well as tourists and day-trippers. All this really is a response to the idea that there is "no notice" of probable/possible speed-limit changes, or why it might be a good idea to slow a little - your picture was simply a good illustration of why that isn't really the case.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:35 PM
BLU
BLU is the new black :)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fruit'n'nut
Fair enough, you were caught out - I didn't say you were a kitten-killer or anything

Rooftops (whether residential or not) and market towns means there's a possibility of vehicles turning off/onto the main road ahead of you, as well as tourists and day-trippers. All this really is a response to the idea that there is "no notice" of probable/possible speed-limit changes, or why it might be a good idea to slow a little - your picture was simply a good illustration of why that isn't really the case.
Yeah, but I was slowing.....

My point is that the council have rules to abide by with their road signs - which quite clearly here they are not. I made a mistake which I will be punished for. They have made a mistake, but will they be punished for it? In fact will they have to even rectify it? I very much doubt it.

Last edited by BLU; 03-06-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
trev1964
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Too late now but my last two NIP's got nowhere due to photos being rear facing like yours.
Had no idea if it was me or my wife driving.
My brother also had the same, in North Wales funnily enough.
They do rely on people rolling over mate.
Pepipoo is your friend.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:48 PM
dmnick
Virgin

Is this on the way into Mold coming from Denbigh?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:49 AM
the mk1 kid
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Fruit'n'nut
The distance is shown on the pic received by the OP - 96.7m.
How does Joe Public know what that value means?

In fact, it still means nothing to me - is it the distance between the van and car, or the distance within the 30 zone the OP has covered?

Tom
Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 AM
BLU

Originally Posted by dmnick
Is this on the way into Mold coming from Denbigh?
It is indeed!

Originally Posted by the mk1 kid
How does Joe Public know what that value means?

In fact, it still means nothing to me - is it the distance between the van and car, or the distance within the 30 zone the OP has covered?

Tom
Its the total distance between my car and the camera according to a copper friend of mine. Take away the 28.4 meters they were out of the 30 zone then that means I'm 68.3m into the 30 zone.

Last edited by BLU; 03-06-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:35 AM
dmnick
Virgin

Originally Posted by BLU
It is indeed!

Its the total distance between my car and the camera according to a copper friend of mine. Take away the 28.4 meters they were out of the 30 zone then that means I'm 68.3m into the 30 zone.
They were parked up there the other morning with the speed camera, exact same spot, nearly had me as i was coming out of mold in the cossie
Old 03-06-2012, 02:54 PM
BLU

Originally Posted by dmnick
They were parked up there the other morning with the speed camera, exact same spot, nearly had me as i was coming out of mold in the cossie
Its worse coming that way, if you're going a small bit over, as by the time you've got round the hedge and realised they're there they've got you!

I'm gonna buy a white van just to park there for a giggle