General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Finally the new bw turbo's getting fitted

Search this Thread

Old 17-04-2012, 07:05 PM
MAD Ade
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pee vee
nothing of yours gone i bloody hope, Ade!?

where are you working now mate!?
Nah, nothing of mine stolen thank God, the workshop has state of the art security, sadly it was Johns personal affects that were stolen from an unused part of the premises that has the least PIR protection

I'm now working for Edmundson Electrical Wholesale in Bath mate, so let all your sparkie mates know to ask for me 01225 331555 and they will receive the quickest service from the owner of the quickest Cossie (non NOS of course ) in the UK
Old 17-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by MAD Ade
Not bad for first attempt

Tasted just like bread used to taste when I was little, mmmm, well done Mand

Next time you are over I expect some of that.

Mark
Old 17-04-2012, 07:12 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by Mark Shead
Next time you are over I expect some of that.

Mark
Don't worry mate, she'll make one just for you, cut the fucker in half and fill it with lebenese filling, would make a nice little snack for you until you have your dinner in the evening
Old 17-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Len
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope John sorts the the thieving Torah., would be good tonsee the car at Combe aswell mate
Old 17-04-2012, 07:49 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by Len
Hope John sorts the the thieving Torah., would be good tonsee the car at Combe aswell mate
Thanks Lenny

I did think John was being a little (no, a lot lol) optomistic about getting her ready for Combe, but we achieved so much last night, I think it's a strong possibility
Old 17-04-2012, 07:59 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm now working for Edmundson Electrical Wholesale in Bath mate, so let all your sparkie mates know to ask for me 01225 331555 and they will receive the quickest service from the owner of the quickest Cossie (non NOS of course ) in the UK
I'll let Dave and his workmate Paul know!
They might already use you guys, but just not realise you work there mate!

thanks Ade! Look forward to seeing you at combe on the 28th!
Old 17-04-2012, 08:03 PM
MAD Ade

What's the name of their company Phil? Looking forward to seeing you as well mate

Last edited by MAD Ade; 17-04-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 17-04-2012, 08:08 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What's the name of their company Phil? Looking forward to seeing you as well mate
Steve Zatchij electrical is who dave does 95% of his work for
Old 17-04-2012, 08:19 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by pee vee
Steve Zatchij electrical is who dave does 95% of his work for
I know of Steve Zatchij, you'll have to spread the word Phil, need as many browny points as I can get, may help my long term job prospects, God knows I need the funds with the maintenance of the Cos lol
Old 17-04-2012, 10:12 PM
DazF
Designer/Fabricator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brilliant to see progress at last Ade
Old 18-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Massive turbo.
Old 18-04-2012, 05:20 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by DazF
Brilliant to see progress at last Ade
Thanks Daz

Been waiting for John to free-up a ramp, could've been on the road, mapped and at Central Day last Sunday, but he's been flat out on the Jap stuff...
Old 18-04-2012, 05:21 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by Glenn_
Massive turbo.
lol, it is a little portly isn't it, just like it's owner many would say
Old 18-04-2012, 07:21 PM
wozzy
Regular Contributor

At long last, some fifteen months after the GT35r gave up the ghost, the Borg Warner turbo is going on the car

The Primary Designs manifold has had a little work done as well

Please excuse the pieces of dough on the wall behind the turbo, Mandy has gone all 'Good Life' and started to make her own bread lol
thats a nice turbo ade Cant wait to see what it does once strapped to your engine!! true twin scroll rocks!!
Old 18-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Iv just noticed, why is the turbine not like other bw turbos iv seen? All the others have had a twin rounded/twin scroll turbine?!?!?
Old 18-04-2012, 07:45 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by Miller 3
Iv just noticed, why is the turbine not like other bw turbos iv seen? All the others have had a twin rounded/twin scroll turbine?!?!?
Generally it's only the EFR turbo's that are running that exhaust housing Doug, they're made of stainless steel as far as I know, the others are on cast iron housings like this one.
Old 18-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Are ok mate, i thought you would have gone for one of them new fandango turbos bud?
Its going to be imense either way my friend
Old 18-04-2012, 07:57 PM
MAD Ade

I had me name down for an EFR 8374 but got fed waiting for it, Mark said this baby will be good to make the numbers I'm looking for with the different compressor wheel, it was readilly available, it was quite a bit cheaper, and pretty much a direct fit

Last edited by MAD Ade; 18-04-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 18-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Is it what you want tho mate, do you think you will regret not going for the EFR?
Old 18-04-2012, 08:53 PM
MAD Ade

Is it what you want tho mate, do you think you will regret not going for the EFR?
Mmm, don't think so mate, could see mid 700's on race fuel with this turbo, need about 710 for 200mph, plus the added bonus of very little to make it fit compared to having to modify the exhaust down pipe to make the 8374 fit (becuase it's quite a bit longer), plus my screamer pipe would not fit where it goes back into the down pipe so that would involve more fabrication work. I think by going with the S300sx hybrid i may have saved about 500 quid in fabrication/fucking around, plus the spool up is quite a bit quicker. It's unknown teritory to be honest Doug, me & Mark have done this many times, some times we have won, some times it hasn't been quite so good, but that's R&D I guess

I'll let some one else do the 'trial & error' on the EFR 8374, if it's really that amazing I may look at getting one at a later date once I have some savings again, judging by what Mark has seen with the S300sx without the EFR compressor wheel, I won't be too disapointed
Old 18-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im sure you wont want for any better bud, and it is already a car most cosworth owners will never experiance. and its just about to go up another level

I just wish i had the funds to build a engine like that myself, i also wish i had some of that sheedy magic as mine would probably not last at that power fpmsl
Old 19-04-2012, 04:30 AM
MAD Ade

Im sure you wont want for any better bud, and it is already a car most cosworth owners will never experiance. and its just about to go up another level

I just wish i had the funds to build a engine like that myself, i also wish i had some of that sheedy magic as mine would probably not last at that power fpmsl
Thanks Doug

You have something me & Mandy couldn't have - kids, would swap every thing with you tomorrow
Old 19-04-2012, 04:39 AM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Awesome! One of my favourite ever cossies. Can't imagine what it must be like with that power, drove my mates 500hp saff at the weekend and that was nuts and this must be on another level! Great to see someone still so enthusiastic about cossies I was beginning to think I was the only one left on this site! Keep up the goodwork I'm looking forward to seeing this again at the shows.
Old 19-04-2012, 07:02 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mmm, don't think so mate, could see mid 700's on race fuel with this turbo, need about 710 for 200mph, plus the added bonus of very little to make it fit compared to having to modify the exhaust down pipe to make the 8374 fit (becuase it's quite a bit longer), plus my screamer pipe would not fit where it goes back into the down pipe so that would involve more fabrication work. I think by going with the S300sx hybrid i may have saved about 500 quid in fabrication/fucking around, plus the spool up is quite a bit quicker. It's unknown teritory to be honest Doug, me & Mark have done this many times, some times we have won, some times it hasn't been quite so good, but that's R&D I guess

I'll let some one else do the 'trial & error' on the EFR 8374, if it's really that amazing I may look at getting one at a later date once I have some savings again, judging by what Mark has seen with the S300sx without the EFR compressor wheel, I won't be too disapointed
Unknown territory is good fun but a little nervy im sure you will agree mate? Me and Mark were in the same boat with mine but not to the same power levels obviously
Old 19-04-2012, 06:09 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by lee2cossies
Awesome! One of my favourite ever cossies. Can't imagine what it must be like with that power, drove my mates 500hp saff at the weekend and that was nuts and this must be on another level! Great to see someone still so enthusiastic about cossies I was beginning to think I was the only one left on this site! Keep up the goodwork I'm looking forward to seeing this again at the shows.
Thanks Lee It's great comments like yours and the others on this thread that keep me motivated. I'm truly proud of what has been achieved with the old girl. Now she's at my mates workshop and up on the ramp, I wan't to do so much cleaning and painting Hopefully she'll look her best ever this year
Old 19-04-2012, 06:16 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Unknown territory is good fun but a little nervy im sure you will agree mate? Me and Mark were in the same boat with mine but not to the same power levels obviously
It's quite exciting mate, but funds are extremely restricted nowa days, need to make things work with the least amount of out lay and hastle
Old 19-04-2012, 06:48 PM
MAD Ade

Had a call from my mate John earlier, we were hoping to modify my prop to fit the Tremec, sadly it's scrap as the rear section shows signs that it has twisted, presumably as a result of the power/torque and grip the car now has with it's current beam and tyre combo. Looks like I may have to look at uprating the drive shafts as well in the not too distant future, more expence
Old 19-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Looks like I may have to look at uprating the drive shafts as well in the not too distant future, more expence

With over 700bhp you will twist uprated shafts as well Ade my Zoo Mototorsport "you will never break those shafts" twisted just like a coke can . When you get ones that wont twist they snap at the splines as i know too well .
Old 19-04-2012, 08:53 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by MadRod
With over 700bhp you will twist uprated shafts as well Ade my Zoo Mototorsport "you will never break those shafts" twisted just like a coke can . When you get ones that wont twist they snap at the splines as i know too well .
Mmm, I remember Ten Of The Best V, was very disapointing. Was a long day....

What shafts did you use to remedy this problem Rod? Ahmed Bayjoo told me to speak to GKN direct, explain what we were doing and they would spec the shafts.
Old 19-04-2012, 09:00 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ade,

If it saves Rod the hassle, I can PM you the details and company that made Rod's shafts but obviously they're for the Jag conversion!
Old 19-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thanks Doug

You have something me & Mandy couldn't have - kids, would swap every thing with you tomorrow

You know what mate' i didnt think i ever wanted kids then littlen came along an just melted my hart... wouldnt change her for the world... could you not go the adoption route buddy? Or has the ship now past :-( xxx
Old 19-04-2012, 09:35 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by JamesH
Ade,

If it saves Rod the hassle, I can PM you the details and company that made Rod's shafts but obviously they're for the Jag conversion!
That would be great if you could mate cheers!
Old 19-04-2012, 09:44 PM
MAD Ade

You know what mate' i didnt think i ever wanted kids then littlen came along an just melted my hart... wouldnt change her for the world... could you not go the adoption route buddy? Or has the ship now past :-( xxx
We wanted our own flesh and blood Doug, then circumstances changed and we had very little dollar coming in, so put things on hold and it just didn't happen. Before we knew it I was about to turn 40, we'd got used to spoiling ourselves, Mandy had been on the pill for twenty years - not good for her - so I had the snip. That was eight years ago, and here we are The ship has not only passed, it's sunk
Old 19-04-2012, 10:03 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

Had a call from my mate John earlier, we were hoping to modify my prop to fit the Tremec, sadly it's scrap as the rear section shows signs that it has twisted, presumably as a result of the power/torque and grip the car now has with it's current beam and tyre combo. Looks like I may have to look at uprating the drive shafts as well in the not too distant future, more expence
You should give andy robinson race cars a bell see what he can do he is just out side basingstoke he is one of the best in chassis / transmisson fabrication mate
Old 19-04-2012, 10:07 PM
MAD Ade

Thanks Andy
Old 20-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Is it fittes onto the car yet.
Old 20-04-2012, 09:27 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Who supply's a bell housing for the TKO box? What cars do they come in? Look forward to a chat with you again Ade if you are going to Coombe?
Old 20-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

What shafts did you use to remedy this problem Rod? Ahmed Bayjoo told me to speak to GKN direct, explain what we were doing and they would spec the shafts.

There is not a certain remedy short of changeing the Cossie hubs at huge Power levels.
We had shafts made that wont twist or snap in the middle but the weak point is then at the splines in the hub, it breaks there. At 600ft/lb im sure shafts similar to mine will be just fine. At Totb we were running 750ft/lb on the gas.
Old 20-04-2012, 09:53 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That would be great if you could mate cheers!
I'll dig it out over the weekend
Old 20-04-2012, 05:20 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by Glenn_
Is it fittes onto the car yet.
Not yet mate, still sorting the transmission. Have to get the pedal box out for mods to make the hydraulic clutch work, once the master cylinder is fitted we can look at re-fitting the exhaust manifold then the turbo will go on. The turbo's now affectionately known as 'Gary' after the snail in 'Sponge Bob Square Pants' lol, Mandy's pet name for it as it's been living on one of the work tops in the kitchen since Christmas

Last edited by MAD Ade; 20-04-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally the new bw turbo's getting fitted