General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

In car gadgets

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Andy Remmer
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In car gadgets

Hi everyone,I've just bought a 1.3 fiesta 2000, its very basic on the in gadgets inside.
I'm wanting to have a few things straight off but i have a limited knowledge so any help is much appreciated.
If i can i want to do everything myself, both to save on labour costs and to build up my own knowledge, plus that self satisfaction of doing things yourself.

First off i want a rev counter, can i get a universal one that can easily be fitted,
also after a few other gauges like oil, engine temperature, water, temperature of outside, if i can i wouldn't mind a gauge that shows mpg (but i getthe feeling fitting this might be beyond me)
i bought an aftermarket alarm system which converted it to central locking, this has a setting on that closes the windows when locked but i have manual windows, how difficult is it to change these to electric?

Fitting things like air con and heated seats, can i do it easily, or would it be more hassle than its worth?

Also, ive seen plenty of built in satnavs where you can tap the screen and it switches to the cd player or stats on the car etc, my cars never seen anything that advanced but if i wanted to fit one would it have to be speacially made and programed to the cars stats ie fuel consumption.

Cheers for looking, and the help would really be appreaciated
Old 11-02-2012, 10:36 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

have a look at a unit called a scangauge! For everything else, take a trip round some scrappies and see what you can find!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Mister G
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say your best bet is to try ukfiestanetwork.com or fiestaownersclub. As no doubt others will have done similar mods before.