General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Posting Abroad

Search this Thread

Old 28-12-2011, 05:16 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Posting Abroad

Ive currently got some parts for sale off and Iv had some interest from buyers abroad.

Who here has sold items abroad? What company did you use for the shipping? How was there customer service and tracking?

Thanks

Tim
Old 28-12-2011, 05:29 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I send several items a week oversees, I use a combination of people depending on what it is but for anything thats not on a pallet try either of these :

Interparcel
Mammothparcels

Depending on where its going tends to depend on what company offer the best price, I use a combination of Fed Ex, UPS but mostly DHL who tbh have never once let me down.

Everything is tracked and insured, I haven't had a item lost or broken though so couldn't comment on how to claim but I have sent some very large boxes to the US before and everything got there fine. The trick is to make sure its very well wrapped, no point putting one layer of bubble wrap round something and expect it to be protected, same goes with the boxes, pack them out with extra cardboard to stop anything punching its way out.
I probably go OTT with the wrapping but I always add a little to cover the materials and as said have never had a problem.
Old 28-12-2011, 05:32 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

James, one is from Greece, the other Finland. Items are rods and pistons, iv got plenty of spare boxes from work and more then enough bubble wrap here too.

Its just getting quotes and using a good company, and for this I have very little experience.
Old 31-12-2011, 09:22 AM
dakunia
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have bought a lot of parts from PF people and via ebay. DHL offered good service and fast delivery, TNT too, but few times parts arrived via FedEx and UPS. Small parts - international signed for without any problems
cheers
Old 31-12-2011, 09:27 AM
.Ross.
Advanced PassionFord User

Nowt wrong with the Royal Mail.

Weight / Size = get a price ..
Old 31-12-2011, 10:09 AM
gouch1
Advanced PassionFord User

i often sell abroad and use royal mail parcel force ect bit pricey sometimes but they pay the cost ect use roayal mail price finder