General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

sva car imports who has delt with them

Search this Thread

Old 21-12-2011, 04:16 PM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sva car imports who has delt with them

basically thinking of going down there to have a look at an sti wagon version 5

car looks minty fresh but dont know anything about the said car sales

are they known to be good or bad
Old 21-12-2011, 04:53 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't bother is my advice. If you've got a decent eye for a car you'll be pi55ed when you get there. I went to look at a v5 sti wagon for a mate there, a 'minter'. They had 2, both badly painted and nasty. Infact knowing then it's probably still there, they seem to have the same highly overpriced cars relisted over and over on PH.

It could be quite a nice place but all the cars are hanging, they've been standing so long and look a mess. Out of all the cars there one looked good, the rest were badly repaired.
Old 21-12-2011, 04:57 PM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

Originally Posted by jameswrx
Don't bother is my advice. If you've got a decent eye for a car you'll be pi55ed when you get there. I went to look at a v5 sti wagon for a mate there, a 'minter'. They had 2, both badly painted and nasty. Infact knowing then it's probably still there, they seem to have the same highly overpriced cars relisted over and over on PH.

It could be quite a nice place but all the cars are hanging, they've been standing so long and look a mess. Out of all the cars there one looked good, the rest were badly repaired.
thanks for the advise mate
Old 21-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

off topic - I popped down to see Ish today, but place looked locked up. Probably shut for Xmas I suspect so will pop down in new year.
Old 21-12-2011, 07:51 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jameswrx

That's pretty shocking... I've seen their cars advertised (DC5, STi, GT4 etc) and always thought they looked good, specially given their prices. So I appreciate the heads up as well.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 21-12-2011, 08:59 PM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sva imports in dover??

The cars ok but really over priced. When i imported my supra about 8 years ago i found out how much they mark up there cars.

Lads in there are ok but tried charging me an hours labour for just adjusting the co2 screw on the cossie.

Are u local then?
Old 22-12-2011, 09:55 AM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

Originally Posted by lukeytheduke
sva imports in dover??

The cars ok but really over priced. When i imported my supra about 8 years ago i found out how much they mark up there cars.

Lads in there are ok but tried charging me an hours labour for just adjusting the co2 screw on the cossie.

Are u local then?
im not local no
but dont mind travelling for the right car