General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

any L.E.D/blub/chipboard gurus on here? interior lighting help required please!

Search this Thread

Old 26-11-2011, 01:51 PM
steve252
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any L.E.D/blub/chipboard gurus on here? interior lighting help required please!

Im in urgent need of someone to give me a hand at identifying the bulbs/L.E.D's on these chip boards from my E11 corolla centre console. yes i know its not a ford but im finding the toyota forums to be dead in comparison to this one and i got some really good help with my focus. anyway ive posted pictures below as im a bit lost in what i need to buy/dont?

1) right first up the heater and cig lighter:

2) anyone know how to remove this bulb from the holder as it wont budge?

3) the rear window de-mister and a/c buttons

4+5) tape player chip board - 4) the one with black bottom and green cover 5) the L.E.D

and 6) the CD player chip board

if you could please number each one 1-6 like i have to identify them that would be amazing!! im thinking they are;
1) T5 or "286" bulb?
2)
3)
4)
5) 3mm round L.E.D?
6)

i need to order these as soon as possible so i can refit it all back into the car, as i don't fancy taking it all apart again also do i need 12v or are 3v ones fine? do they need a resistor? any good places or link to buy them from?

also can someone recommend me a good soldering iron to tackle these as there very small, i currently have a gas one thats no good for anything, other than setting things on fire

Thanks for any help i get :thumbsup:

Last edited by steve252; 26-11-2011 at 01:53 PM.