General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

motorway cops - on bbc1 now

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 08:23 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default motorway cops - on bbc1 now

if you've been watching........
Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That ex-firefighter said exactly what thousands of other people are too intelligent to say!!

Cheers,
Grant
Old 10-10-2011, 08:26 PM
rhinopower
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bloke on the phone, what a prick! He'd of prob got a slap on the wrist too!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:47 PM
mjonathan24
PassionFord Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That bloke " he got out, and all he was worried about was his car"
My reaction.... Well it was a Supra! I would have been exactly the same!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:47 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Received 347 Likes on 320 Posts

Anyone see the ruined supra? Typical copper, its a race car should be left on the track. No its completely road legal and you don't like it cause you can't get him done for anthing, now fuck off!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

I did enjoy them trying to explain away why an Octavia vRS Estate was absolutely mocking the 530d unmarked Traffic car.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 10-10-2011, 08:58 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that copper wants binning off, not been able to keep with that shed wtf

Trending Topics

Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 PM
RST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pmsl was funny
Old 10-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Sonic Boom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I love watching Motorway Cops as I know all the roads.
When the VRS was being chased it went down Dogpool Lane I drive down that road every morning in the way to work.
The Dogpool Lane road sign regularly gets the L painted over
Rich
Old 10-10-2011, 09:22 PM
dojj

the vrs guy got 200 hours community service

now, fair play for him getting away from the cops the first time around, but being caught i would have thought the courts would have thrown the book at him

mind you, the driver of that battle tank in cairo might learn a few lessons
Old 10-10-2011, 09:34 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Originally Posted by dojj
the vrs guy got 200 hours community service
He only got 100hrs community service mate.

Originally Posted by dojj
now, fair play for him getting away from the cops the first time around, but being caught i would have thought the courts would have thrown the book at him
He was blatantly scum and as we see all the time; they tend to get the smallest fines, the shortest sentences and the lightest punishments going... while normal people, who contribute to society but make a mistake and fracture the law get absolutely fucked over; in my experience.

I'd love to see a politician step up, promise to hand out harsh penalties to everyone and once voted in, make good on that promise.. it's far too much like X Factor at the moment, if you've got a sob story, troubled past, hard life etc then you're far more likely to come out on top than the ordinary bloke on the street.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 10-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Grant
He was blatantly scum and as we see all the time; they tend to get the smallest fines, the shortest sentences and the lightest punishments going... while normal people, who contribute to society but make a mistake and fracture the law get absolutely fucked over; in my experience.
its because due to rehabilitation of offenders acts and human rights/accused rights means that the fact the scumbag has a criminal record longer than your arm has little bearing on his sentancing.

Hence sentancing is all about income.

scum usually dont work, hence no income = low fine.

scum usually have kids/drug problems/alcohol problems etc hence sob story = non custodial/suspended sentance.

decent folk fucking up usually work therefore decent income = high fine.

no sob story as they get on with things hence = custodial sentance to set example.

also theres "public interest" and costs to consider and IMO too often they dont bother with scum as its costly to punnish them and ineffective so why lock them up??? hence not in public interest to convict and "taking into consideration" of other offences often used to avoid any real sense of justice taking place.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I bet that woman regretted overtaking the police car to let her little wave at the copper lol, talk about dropping yourself in it lol, no license, no tax, whoops!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:33 AM
cozmeister
More boost Igor!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I missed it. Thank God for iPlayer

Last edited by cozmeister; 11-10-2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: bit too hasty with the typing
Old 11-10-2011, 10:48 AM
fogulbennett
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The copper chasing the vrs was useless the vrs outrun him twice and he had had a drink also what an embarrassment too te police officer!! Also when the younger police officer and the older 1 down the motorway going for the red z4 and decide too pull over a trailer in the 3rd lane i would be raging if the police stopped a trailer instead of going for my car that had been stolen!!!! Arseholes!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:18 PM
dojj

the phone one:

if i was the copper, i would have asked the standard "you know why i've puled you over" etc routine and seen how the guy reacted and, if he turned out to be a twat, he would have got the points but if he was all ready to suck a shit sandwich i would have let him off

now contrast that to the lady in the beemer with no license and shit, why all of a sudden NOT do her for doing potentially 90 mph with her kid in the car AND no license and actually drop her off home (and there's no way he wouldn't have known where she lived, he could have just nicked her on the spot and got someone else to come and collect the child from the cop shop)

it's these sorts of double standards that piss me off, if they gave everyone the "lets see what happens when i pull you over" routine, i think more peole would say "thank you officer" and be happier

but the fat lad did deserve his points for calling him a prick
Old 11-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

I think its a bit harsh slating the cop for letting the VRS get away. the coppers hands are tied with stupid safety rules and 530d's arent exactly quick accelerating cars anyway which is what you need when your constantly slamming on the brakes for junctions and roundabouts.

That is why scum fleeing the police drive like dickheads, because they know the police will not take the risks these days to keep up.

The health and safety brigade have made traffic pursuits redundant.

when your target/enemy doesnt play by the rules, how the hell can you expect to keep up if you do???

we have one of the only police forces in the western world with such a pussy pathetic pursuit policy.

even the health and safety crazy and sue society USA have managed to find ways around ALL of thier laws so that the police NEVER back down in a pursuit. If the yanks can do it without high death rates than so can we.

deaths of the criminal dont count either IMO.

hell its soo bad now that many forces have a policy of not pursuing motorbikes and joyriders full stop. Seen it on a few shows where the joyrider sits there, does a burn out and speeds off, then stops 100 yards up the road because the cop hasnt taken the bait and they try and goad the cops again. Fucking pathetic.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

They may as well let them go anyway judging by the punishments that are dished out, it always pisses me off but makes me laugh at the same time when there's about 10 police cars and a helicopter out to catch some little scrotes in a couple of hundred quid car, costing god knows how much, and then if and when they eventually catch them and find out they've got no license etc, they get given a few hours community service or a few hundred quid fine and a few points on a license that they haven't even got!!
What's the point!!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:16 PM
paul16v
Monte 087

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

That supra, did nobody notice how much bodge the roof had in it haha
Old 11-10-2011, 07:38 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
I think its a bit harsh slating the cop for letting the VRS get away. the coppers hands are tied with stupid safety rules and 530d's arent exactly quick accelerating cars anyway which is what you need when your constantly slamming on the brakes for junctions and roundabouts.

That is why scum fleeing the police drive like dickheads, because they know the police will not take the risks these days to keep up.

The health and safety brigade have made traffic pursuits redundant.

when your target/enemy doesnt play by the rules, how the hell can you expect to keep up if you do???

we have one of the only police forces in the western world with such a pussy pathetic pursuit policy.

even the health and safety crazy and sue society USA have managed to find ways around ALL of thier laws so that the police NEVER back down in a pursuit. If the yanks can do it without high death rates than so can we.

deaths of the criminal dont count either IMO.

hell its soo bad now that many forces have a policy of not pursuing motorbikes and joyriders full stop. Seen it on a few shows where the joyrider sits there, does a burn out and speeds off, then stops 100 yards up the road because the cop hasnt taken the bait and they try and goad the cops again. Fucking pathetic.

A 530d would easily keep with that VRS, yes its true about all the health and safety shite but these were more or less clear roads compared to the rest of the chases you watch, it was only a few weeks ago when traffic cops were in sheffield and the chases were 10x worse then that built areas, traffic etc etc

Just doesn't look good to me when a skoda estate is out running a motorway cop
Old 11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Originally Posted by danneth
Just doesn't look good to me when a skoda estate with flat tyres, being driven by a drunk driver, is out running a motorway cop
Edited for the full story.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Well there is that to lucky for them the driver managed to cock it up, so that driver training didn't go to waste afterall
Old 11-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Cosworth Lad
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That skoda to me looked like a TDI it was rapid now you believe me vag TDIs are fast lol