General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Throttle Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:16 PM
djmillsy
Fife Radge

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throttle Bodies

Was thinking about putting throttle bodies on my rs2k. Really im just looking for info on how to do it, what ill need, what sort of power ill get, where to get the stuff from and most important cost cheers
Old 05-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Icurus
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Inlet manifold is about £220 from Aldon, iirc, DCOE pattern.

Bike carb manifold you will have to get custom made, or try on the RS2K website. I just sold my one

Bodies themselves, well, you could convert some weber sidedrought carbs into throttle bodies, I have. You can get some old knackered ones quite cheap!

Or you can buy some jenveys.

Then there is the question of management.

Throttle bodies do not tend to sit well with MAP sensers, something to do with the inlet pulse's upsetting the MAP, and thus the ecu not getting a 'clean' signal

Some people have suggested you can run a vacuum pipe from all 4 inlet runners through a small fuel filter to smooth out the pulse's, but I do not think any have actually tried.
If this works, then you could very well use the standard ecu to get you up and running.

But ultimately you would really need an aftermarket mappable ecu. You would then use throttle angle to gauge air flow/mass etc, and get the perfect map for your engine.

For the road, imho, it's not worth it, sorry.

You nay see between 10-15 bhp increase with no other work. It really requires head work and cams to get the most from this set up.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:55 PM
wulliesxr4i
GIT-R-DONE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djmillsy
Was thinking about putting throttle bodies on my rs2k. Really im just looking for info on how to do it, what ill need, what sort of power ill get, where to get the stuff from and most important cost cheers

give your self a slap boy or al do it next tym am up at urs lol, ave told u b4 just turbo the fookin thing and b dun with it lol
Old 05-10-2011, 10:43 PM
djmillsy
Fife Radge

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so basically a could just bolt on a few goodies and get the same power?