General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

plumbed in fire extinguisher pipe size needed.

Search this Thread

Old 15-09-2011, 07:34 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question plumbed in fire extinguisher pipe size needed.

im using a lifeline zero2000 extinguisher .
which size pipe do i use as there is 6mm,8mm,& 10mm & how many jets do i use in car & bay the tank is behind the front seats all fuel lines are braided.
Thanks Andy.
Old 15-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Not sure about the size(10mm is ringing a bell but not 100%),but i had 2 jets under the bonnet, one pointing to the inlet and the other on manifold side,then one was pointed towards the bottom of my seat and then one in the boot pointing at the tank,not sure if thats the correct arrangment
Old 15-09-2011, 08:29 PM
rallycross
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

pipe size depends what nozzle is on the extinguisher, the new ones are 6mm I think my previous one was 10 mm.

Have got one in the dash pointing at me and one in the engine bay, not sure what the best point to aim at will be for your car.
Old 15-09-2011, 08:38 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

Never have any in the car, there are pro's and con's - the chance of fuel igniting in the car is very slim compared to under the bonnet, if it accidentally goes off then you have a lot of cleaning to do inside, and very embarassing if your in it.

Only under the bonnet for me.
Old 15-09-2011, 08:50 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rallycross
pipe size depends what nozzle is on the extinguisher, the new ones are 6mm I think my previous one was 10 mm.

Have got one in the dash pointing at me and one in the engine bay, not sure what the best point to aim at will be for your car.
the outlet on my cylinder is 10mm but that seems a bit large do you step it down or do i run it at that size .
Originally Posted by markk
Never have any in the car, there are pro's and con's - the chance of fuel igniting in the car is very slim compared to under the bonnet, if it accidentally goes off then you have a lot of cleaning to do inside, and very embarassing if your in it.

Only under the bonnet for me.

i see where your coming from Mark ,but what size pipe.?
Old 15-09-2011, 09:05 PM
FlashRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I would say 8mm, best to ask lifeline direct, each type is calibrated to use a size, if its to big you wont have enough pressure to push the foam out!!
Or have a chat with the boys at FEV, thats what they do, helped me when I redid my system after the fire! there number is, 01243555566.