General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

euro car parts website?

Search this Thread

Old 24-07-2011, 08:53 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default euro car parts website?

is it just me or has anybody else tried it as its advertised in the banner at the top of this site but they dont actaully have any bits for my car when i put my reg in? whats the point in that!
Old 24-07-2011, 09:06 PM
cabriolet
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fucking advert dont work no wonder bloody site is so slow
Old 24-07-2011, 09:09 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

its says 25% off so i thought id price a few bits i need and it just says 0 items found on anything i try bit pointless being on here really,well if youve got a cossie anyways
Old 24-07-2011, 09:29 PM
EuroCarParts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottyrs
its says 25% off so i thought id price a few bits i need and it just says 0 items found on anything i try bit pointless being on here really,well if youve got a cossie anyways
Hi guys,
We do stock over 114,000 parts however they arn't all up online yet - Next week sees the launch of our new parts catalogue which means more parts showing online

Hope that helps
Old 25-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

While you're updating it you might want to correct this and give the retard that wrote it a kick in the bollocks

Originally Posted by EuroCarParts Website
All types of exhaust gasket for every make and model of car do much the same thing: they reduce several exhaust ports into one exhaust pipe.
Exhaust gaskets are often overlooked when it comes to servicing, but they are an important part of your car's safety and performance. Faulty exhaust gaskets can lead to loss of engine compression, which reduces your car's power. In addition, a faulty exhaust gasket can force exhaust gases into your engine's cooling system, causing it to overheat

Last edited by Oranoco; 25-07-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 25-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Northants Ford Fan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

can you order online and collect instore as theres one 10mins from me or can you use the discount code instore ?
Old 25-07-2011, 11:42 AM
EuroCarParts

Originally Posted by Northants Ford Fan
can you order online and collect instore as theres one 10mins from me or can you use the discount code instore ?
Hi mate

All codes are Online only - you cant get this type of discount instore....

HOWEVER

We are nearly complete, with setting up a service to allow you to CLICK online and COLLECT instore
Old 25-07-2011, 12:10 PM
DAN P
PassionFord Post Troll

hate going in to euro takes about 3 hours for them to put your addy and details in
Old 25-07-2011, 12:11 PM
EuroCarParts

Originally Posted by DAN P
hate going in to euro takes about 3 hours for them to put your addy and details in
If you were to Click and Collect, then you've done the hard work
Old 25-07-2011, 12:22 PM
daviddunlop83
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesnt show any products for a mondeo either

Will wait and see whats its like next week when its updated
Old 25-07-2011, 12:24 PM
daviddunlop83

How long is the discount for forum users on for?
Old 25-07-2011, 12:40 PM
EuroCarParts

Originally Posted by daviddunlop83
Doesnt show any products for a mondeo either

Will wait and see whats its like next week when its updated
Hi David,

What modeo, do you have a reg as an example?

The Forum discount will change every month - The 25% is an introductory and wont be around for long!
Old 25-07-2011, 12:44 PM
daviddunlop83

Originally Posted by EuroCarParts
Hi David,

What modeo, do you have a reg as an example?

The Forum discount will change every month - The 25% is an introductory and wont be around for long!
I put the reg is in and your reg thing is very good and up to date as it was only changed into the car a few weeks ago.

It gets the correct details 2.2 mondeo but when i went into flywheel for instance it says 0 products found.
Old 25-07-2011, 12:45 PM
EuroCarParts

Originally Posted by daviddunlop83
I put the reg is in and your reg thing is very good and up to date as it was only changed into the car a few weeks ago.

It gets the correct details 2.2 mondeo but when i went into flywheel for instance it says 0 products found.
Great, the reason i ask is next week we are switching on to our new catalogue which has already proven to add aprox 40,000 more parts to the website!

It would be interesting to see if this part will be added - if you dont mid dropping me your Reg id like to check
Old 25-07-2011, 12:46 PM
daviddunlop83

Great, the reason i ask is next week we are switching on to our new catalogue which has already proven to add aprox 40,000 more parts to the website!

It would be interesting to see if this part will be added - if you dont mid dropping me your Reg id like to check
PM sent.

I would like to hope parts for a mondeo would be on the site as i would imagine they would be very common parts required.

Also i tried several other parts such as clutch itself and still 0 products found.
Old 25-07-2011, 12:51 PM
EuroCarParts

Hi David

This is due to a bad link in terms of the Registration - al though it is getting the data that its a Mondeo 2.2 2006 it doesnt know much else.

The new system DOES however come back with a flywheel

http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/336590480/p/home
Old 25-07-2011, 12:56 PM
daviddunlop83

Hi David

This is due to a bad link in terms of the Registration - al though it is getting the data that its a Mondeo 2.2 2006 it doesnt know much else.

The new system DOES however come back with a flywheel

http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/336590480/p/home
Gd stuff, one more question. How come it doesnt come back with what manufacture say for instance the DMF is being supplied from?
Old 25-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Bailes1992

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Wouldn't use ECP again personally.
I've used them for quite abit of stuff as I was too lazy to go to motorfactors.
I ordered a BOSCH fuel filter for my 406 (it was advertised as bosch, there was even a picture of a bosch filter). Turned up was a cheapy UFI filter which didn't fit tidy and the 'O' ring on the top didn't seal so I had to take the 'O' ring off my old filter.
When I phoned up they were faily friendly and said they'd send me another replacement... it was the same fecking filter!

Then again they sent me a set of brake pads... they had been opened previously, the anti squeel gel was missing and the anti vibration clip was bent. Now obviously this was a return off someone else, now you'd have thought they'd have checked them before they sent them back out?

And also I decided to do a spontaneous service, turned out buying all the kit from a local motorfactors saved me Ł7 and I got better quality oil and filters.
Old 25-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Northants Ford Fan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I love the way when you are looking at say lower arms it gives you loads of options but without much detail about each option other than the large price difference, as I just looked at lower arms for mk6 zetec s fiesta and it gave no detail other than ive said the price.
Old 25-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Bailes1992

Originally Posted by Northants Ford Fan
I love the way when you are looking at say lower arms it gives you loads of options but without much detail about each option other than the large price difference, as I just looked at lower arms for mk6 zetec s fiesta and it gave no detail other than ive said the price.
That too!
They have 2 steering racks listed for my car.
I have an silly rare steering rack apparently.
Neither of the racks on ECP tell you which one is which.
Old 25-07-2011, 01:43 PM
EuroCarParts

Originally Posted by Bailes1992
That too!
They have 2 steering racks listed for my car.
I have an silly rare steering rack apparently.
Neither of the racks on ECP tell you which one is which.
Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback

We are nearly ready to turn on our new parts catalogue online - This should mean an extra 40,000 parts will be online, there will be less choices (as it will drill down to VIN number) and hopefulyl a better user experience.

@Bailes1992 I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experiance, however a company as large as we are it is possible to have products and orders slip through the net. - We always try to resolve these the best as we can. For ever 1 unhappy customer a week, we have 4000 happy customers. We're still working on those 10!
Old 25-07-2011, 01:54 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ECP lookup is always handy when my VRM lookup at work fails and I need vehicle details to look up parts..... Cheers ECP for that...lol

Steve
Old 25-07-2011, 02:05 PM
fraser9764
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

My experience with ECP is poor too, wont be heading back in a hurry,
Ordered a clutch and flywheel for my van over the phone, yes we have one in stock come and get it, limped he van down there with a dead clutch, (about 30 miles) to be told they couldnt find it, could i come back the next day
My brother has bought rear brakes, steering and suspension bits for his clio through your site this week, wrong brake shoes, wrong steering arms, and wrong summat else, plus he didn't notice the discount code on here so paid full price
Old 25-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

On the whole I have found ECP to be helpful and they've always given me the right bits, but I know what I want and always examine the parts I buy before leaving.

What concerns me is the below whcih ECP haven't addressed, I think it's technically inaccurate and needs addressing. It smacks of somebody writing about cars that wouldn't know a valve cap from piston

Originally Posted by Oranoco
While you're updating it you might want to correct this and give the retard that wrote it a kick in the bollocks

All types of exhaust gasket for every make and model of car do much the same thing: they reduce several exhaust ports into one exhaust pipe.
Exhaust gaskets are often overlooked when it comes to servicing, but they are an important part of your car's safety and performance. Faulty exhaust gaskets can lead to loss of engine compression, which reduces your car's power. In addition, a faulty exhaust gasket can force exhaust gases into your engine's cooling system, causing it to overheat
As said though, on the whole my experiences have been fine

Last edited by Oranoco; 25-07-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 25-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I always use my local motor factors and the last few times i wanted bits for my car i had to wait a few days for them to come into stock cause they didnt keep the bits on the shelves.
Old 25-07-2011, 04:08 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

its gathered some momentum now lol i was just having a moan on lol, hopefully itll work better soon as theres one just down the road from me and need some bits for my mothers car!
Old 26-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

OUCH! is what I can add to this thread. I ordered a set of upper arms for a mates Audi A4 last year through them for Ł125. Called them this morning and the same arms have shot up to Ł238 . The guy quicly got them down to Ł177 but it's still vastly inflated so I'm not prepared to pay it so after buying these components from them for a while for friends and family I am now taking my business elsewhere.

Anybody suggest a supplier for Lemforder or Meyle suspension components?
Old 26-07-2011, 08:38 AM
EuroCarParts

Originally Posted by Oranoco
OUCH! is what I can add to this thread. I ordered a set of upper arms for a mates Audi A4 last year through them for Ł125. Called them this morning and the same arms have shot up to Ł238 . The guy quicly got them down to Ł177 but it's still vastly inflated so I'm not prepared to pay it so after buying these components from them for a while for friends and family I am now taking my business elsewhere.

Anybody suggest a supplier for Lemforder or Meyle suspension components?
Hi Mate.

We like to try and be the best value on the market but unfortunatley alot of things have changed in the last 12 months......
  • Fuel & surcharges have gone up by 40%
  • Currency conversions have effected cost prices
  • Raw material cost increase
  • Manufacturing costs increase
    to name a few.....

Because of this MANY European suppliers (such as Lemforder) have increased their costs dramatically.

We are offering all Passion Ford members 25% off parts - which is a huge discount so this should help
Old 26-07-2011, 08:48 AM
NoRubNoDub
McGarrity Motorsport

very good but you still havnt explained this;
Old 26-07-2011, 08:50 AM
EuroCarParts

Originally Posted by NoRubNoDub
very good but you still havnt explained this;
Thanks for pointing out the poor category text - This was updated yesterday and should 'read better' now.
Old 26-07-2011, 09:10 AM
DAN P
PassionFord Post Troll

i always ues fps for my car bits
Old 26-07-2011, 09:14 AM
NoRubNoDub
McGarrity Motorsport

Experts recommend that you should change your engine oil after 3000 miles. It's likely too that you will need to top it up before then, though
i did not know that! thank you eurocarparts.com ill order a full service kit now and again in a month and a month after that......
Old 26-07-2011, 09:20 AM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

I always use Bennetts Automotive for mine........ Probably because I'm a branch manager here

Steve
Old 26-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

We use ECP all the time and never have any bother at all.
Old 26-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Eigdoog
ą§~Quadzackular~§ą

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I would never try to buy from them, ive been into one of there stores and they were all cunts! I say what car ive got and what i wanted at the time and he never put anything into his computer and just said " your need to come back with the item codes and want parts we sell " i mean what? i dont know every code and im asking for a car part its what you sell!!!
Old 26-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Bailes1992

Originally Posted by NoRubNoDub
i did not know that! thank you eurocarparts.com ill order a full service kit now and again in a month and a month after that......
Actually thats about right. I aim to change my oil between 3k and 6k depending on my sort of driving.
Hard driving, lots of start/stop low speed town driving, short distance driving - 3k
Mainly motorway, fast country/back roads, long drives etc - 6k

Wouldn't let it go any longer.

Besides, takes less than 15 mins to do a quick oil change and costs less than Ł20?
Millers trident 5w30 semi syth oil - Ł15
Oil filter - Ł3
Sump plug Ł1.50?

Get home after a longish drive, stick a bowl underneath, undo the sump plug, undo the oil filter.
Wait 5 mins...
Put some oil around the 'o' ring on the filter, Refit the oil filter, refit the sump plug and fill up with oil?

Last edited by Bailes1992; 26-07-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 26-07-2011, 05:04 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

we use euro car parts at work and i would say 90% of the time the parts are correct which for the volume we use isnt bad. if there is a choice of 2 items they send both and there is no problem with returns.they are very rarely beaten with prices against other motor factors.
delivery time has improved no end recently too-they have a motorbike rider who is very efficient.
Old 26-07-2011, 10:23 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

is the website working properly yet or still showing 0 parts
Old 27-07-2011, 07:41 AM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

The system I use (and many many other motor factors use) shows up the Cosworth range but becuase it simply sees it as a 2.0 Sierra you have to know what you are looking for (as in disc size etc). To choose the correct parts (which is fine if you know the ins and outs of your particular car) which for an everyday punter you'll end up choosing the wrong bits then be slagging off the company. ECP's website is superb but they leave themselves open to trouble by letting people choose their own parts etc. It's exactly the same with my Focus RS pleanty of companies list parts but the all think it's just a 2.0 Focus so many parts are listed incorrectly so would be very easy for Joe public to get it wrong...

Steve
Old 27-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Bailes1992

Originally Posted by SteveB
The system I use (and many many other motor factors use) shows up the Cosworth range but becuase it simply sees it as a 2.0 Sierra you have to know what you are looking for (as in disc size etc). To choose the correct parts (which is fine if you know the ins and outs of your particular car) which for an everyday punter you'll end up choosing the wrong bits then be slagging off the company. ECP's website is superb but they leave themselves open to trouble by letting people choose their own parts etc. It's exactly the same with my Focus RS pleanty of companies list parts but the all think it's just a 2.0 Focus so many parts are listed incorrectly so would be very easy for Joe public to get it wrong...

Steve
Yeh but take the issue I had with my steering rack.
They had two listed, and there was no way you could tell the difference between them. Was just listed as steering rack for MK1 Focus etc.
So went elsewhere

Quick Reply: euro car parts website?