General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

cossies at TOTB

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005 | 10:33 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Default cossies at TOTB

are we actually going to start thinking bout making a team up for this year???? i know most Big bhp boys have their reasons and are not going to enter but surely there are still plenty of big bhp cossies around willing to take part to make up a team, just been looking at totb discussion room and rst boys are all gearing up but no one from cossie camp has posted for aaagggggeeeeeeessssss,

Is there only going to be a single group entry from ford camp this year ????? discuss

Mods any mention of 201.8mph or if the wooden spoon starts stirring please delete
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:44 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

nobodys interested unless theyls win, which trhey wont.

fucks sake,enter for the crack, i would
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:58 AM
Phil
Jeebus

Nope can't see us having any entrants this year! At the end of the day there is life beyond paying a shit load and risking a shit load to enter an event just to prove something to a load of gimps on the internet!
Old 13-02-2005 | 02:19 AM
MikeeB
Part of the Furniture

I see you point phil but why build it if your not going to use it.
Old 13-02-2005 | 02:20 AM
RANJ
BANNED

i wont be entering

cant be assed
Old 13-02-2005 | 02:48 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

chicken

pussy

also-ran

the 1/4mile even is no different from going to a drag strip for a RWYB

the top speed event is no different from going to a brunters top speed challenge

the handling course is no different (apart from being far less stress) than doing a trackday.

the real difference is this is all timed and compared to other cars, and everyones trashed of looking silly...

even against cars with similar power (but far more weight) cossies lose out- check out TOTB1 results with the 500bhp cars, apart from RODS, 500m and 1.25 mile results vs skylines with similar power- far slower over 500m and 1.25miles.
1250kg 500bhp+ (claimed) RS500s-
Andy Wornell 126mph at 500m
Rob Wiles 123mph at 500m

1550kg R34GTRs-
Andy Barnes 130mph (550bhp est)
Glen H 127mph (540bhp)

what you pay to enter isnt bad compared to anything else, your not expected to win outright (TRY beating the Pulsars, EVOs, and Scoobys first, hell, try beating a lot of the FWD rovers and Hondas!), but claiming to be all that then getting caned in TOTB seems a bit daft to me.

peoiple are soo patheticly competitive ford vs ford, so why not overall? if anything should be mates ford vs ford and competitive against others!
Old 13-02-2005 | 03:02 AM
MikeeB
Part of the Furniture

As i a newbie i dont know much about these event's but can see that the fords will have trouble beating the likes of the Skylines etc. I agree that it should be ford vs. the rest not ford vs. ford.
Old 13-02-2005 | 08:21 AM
Anonymous
Banned

If i get my car as i want it then i am entering.

Not to win, just to take part as i have never done it before.
Old 13-02-2005 | 08:55 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Itsmeagain
chicken

pussy

also-ran

the 1/4mile even is no different from going to a drag strip for a RWYB

the top speed event is no different from going to a brunters top speed challenge

the handling course is no different (apart from being far less stress) than doing a trackday.

the real difference is this is all timed and compared to other cars, and everyones trashed of looking silly...

even against cars with similar power (but far more weight) cossies lose out- check out TOTB1 results with the 500bhp cars, apart from RODS, 500m and 1.25 mile results vs skylines with similar power- far slower over 500m and 1.25miles.
1250kg 500bhp+ (claimed) RS500s-
Andy Wornell 126mph at 500m
Rob Wiles 123mph at 500m

1550kg R34GTRs-
Andy Barnes 130mph (550bhp est)
Glen H 127mph (540bhp)

what you pay to enter isnt bad compared to anything else, your not expected to win outright (TRY beating the Pulsars, EVOs, and Scoobys first, hell, try beating a lot of the FWD rovers and Hondas!), but claiming to be all that then getting caned in TOTB seems a bit daft to me.

peoiple are soo patheticly competitive ford vs ford, so why not overall? if anything should be mates ford vs ford and competitive against others!
Mine ran a 129 with only 480horses & reached the Final so dont knock all Cossies. To show how much mines improved that 129 took 13.39 secs at Brunters ran 150 in 13.3 .
Mine would not look silly in the RWD event, prob only two Supras that i could not beat. Leon who beat mine in the Final at TOTB1 will prob win it again this time (See Revs this month) & I know how I compare to him cos hes also a MAD car & its close.
However i simply cannot afford to run at such an event. Unless you can get Tuner sponsorship you cant attempt a serious challenge.
To just arrive would cost 2.5k including Hotel, Food, Transporter, Nitrous, Race Fuel, Clutch, Tyres, Renew service parts etc. And at 60 i dont intend sleeping in a cow field & eating Macdonalds .
If you guys want a serious challenge from the Top Ford cars PF will have to sponsor them to spread the cost or its a financial no-go. Even then we are putting a 20k engine at risk. Last time ran 7 Topspeed runs & 16 Sprints & lot of time for things to go wrong.

On beating the Skiline kick at an event like totb its biased towards 4x4 traction so mines got no change in the Sprint over 1/4 mile. But the facts are that in gear 60-150 mine was faster than the Rockets Skyline & the Norris Evo at Brunters so its horses for courses. Topspeed mine would deffo be competative, Handling f**k Knows.

Personally if i wanted to build the Fastest car I would have bought a Ultima as a base, but im a Cossie man & thats the Marque I wish to be compared with.
I doubt any of the Knockers intend running so perhaps you should keep quiet & not judge people when you have no idea what is required to compete at that level.
Rod
Old 13-02-2005 | 10:45 AM
martinrs500labatts
Advanced PassionFord User

for once i aggree with you rod

why spend all that time and evert when the event has a bias towards the show pleaseing big power skylinners, ect and look at the supra, whot a joke! my garden mower would have more incommon with a road car than that,

the first TOT was geared towards modded road cars, now we have big budget drag cars with trucks and teams of mechanics

its gone away from the guy useing his fast road car, who drives where and back,

even the formular one teams have to meet the rules,

you would not see one team with 3.5lts andthe other with 4.5 lts

same prolem with cosse as the skylinner has a 0.6 litre advantage straight out of the box,

if you thing cosse are dear to build /run try running a top skyliner!

you will be shocked by the amount of money these top cars have to spend to get there cars up there, and then theres no guarentees,

there cars break same as ours,

i would not buy a big power skyliner or evo as i could uy one no prolem but running it is very different

all my effert now is gone into racing!

which atleast the cars i am against all have the same rules,
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:00 AM
EvilFranky
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Its true like, TOTB has turned into this major commercial money making event.

The first one was fucking excellent, and the 2nd wasn't too bad either.

The 3rd one was a joke, the amount of poeple there just spoilt the whole thing, loads of Saxo fuckers and people who didn't really have a clue what they were watching.

Spoilt it for the enthusiasts...i couldn't really get in to watch it near the start of the strip, at TOTB 1 we were all standing about 2 metres away from the cars launching
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:05 AM
All4it

got to agree with rod and martin on this one .
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:12 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i must admit i would love a go but, my car is no slug but i would look a tit end against a minimum of 500hp cars plus i would probably stall it as me right leg would be shaking that much with everyone looking at me. To be fair its entirly up to the indevidual and i think most of us can appreciate why people dont want to enter
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:20 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Martins complaning proves my point completley...

Jus cause they know they wont win, Cossie people arnt interested in entering. Generally most people enter for FUN, not expecting to win.

More and more these days the faster cossies arnt being used as a fun car, but purely to prove a point (to WHO ffs? ), to be a record holder, to win stuff, what a waste of cash...

Anyhow, there are a LOT of 2litre cars entering, as ever, EVOs, Scoobies, Pulsars, etc, how about TRYING to beat them first?

Also, isnt talking about driving there and back a bit ironic Martin when you trailered your car to TOTB2?
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:26 AM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Phil
Nope can't see us having any entrants this year! At the end of the day there is life beyond paying a shit load and risking a shit load to enter an event just to prove something to a load of gimps on the internet!
The last part of this has to be the worst excuse i have ever seen, a cop out big style. I can agree about the high financial costs involved but to blame it on the internet people, thats just stupid.

Im sure totb could be better organised, however thats not this discussion. Apparently scoobies get slated for not being big power etc. and having chocolate engines but they go to totb and drag strips and run.

Rocket Ronnie doesnt have the biggest bhp and he has won the first 2 (dont know about 3rd) he made a car that was good at handling, good at sprint and top speed.

And to anyone that does enter, fairplay to you for having a go.
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:32 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

hes won all 3 TOTBs, drives there n back, car has full interior, and its not even all that powerful compared to a lot of them
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:35 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

He won the 3rd Too
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:36 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Itsmeagain, will you be running yours
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:40 AM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Steve thats what I trying to put across. To many poor excuses over the last few years. The best valid reason anyone could give imho would be: I choose not to run or go. Not it cost this or the internet or cause xyz has tyre warmers and we only have leg warmers.

So a team thats got promoted to the premier league shouldnt go out and play each week because most of the other teams there have got more money and better players. The teams that they are beaten already fall and relegated, the ones that fight the hardest and try there best, stay up.
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:45 AM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
dont be daft
he happy to slate every fuker but never been on track or totb himself
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:49 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

dont be daft
he happy to slate every fuker but never been on track or totb himself
Well i dont know him but presume he is building a mental skyline, so was just curiouse if he will be using it, or if he had ever entered such events in his previouse cars
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:53 AM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

its been in bits for 2 yrs
it will neva happen
it dont take me that long and i work 12hr or more a day
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:59 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Bolllocks Brom

Im being pestered to hurry n finish the car by the GTR team orgainiser and course il enter providing its finished not broke, or not crashed
Not expecting to do anything, but il do it for FUN.

One things for sure il drive there, and itl be pump fuel. Drive there, have a laugh, go home.
Less engine stress than your average trackday, and no worse than a long day at SantaPod or a severe road caning.

Its not people NOT entering that is wrong, nowt wrong with that, do what you want (ive never had much interest in trackdays, just dragsatrip and road, and it fucks me off when people act all superior as they do trackdays, so id never moan cause someone didnt wanna), what i dont like i a lot of peoples REASONS for not entering, esp as they blatantly would if they thought they could WIN...

BTW ive not even owned the car for 1.5yrs yet, and not done as i got better things to do with my time and money than just a piece of fookin metal.
Old 13-02-2005 | 11:59 AM
Phil
Jeebus

Originally Posted by tonyk
The last part of this has to be the worst excuse i have ever seen, a cop out big style. I can agree about the high financial costs involved but to blame it on the internet people, thats just stupid.

Im sure totb could be better organised, however thats not this discussion. Apparently scoobies get slated for not being big power etc. and having chocolate engines but they go to totb and drag strips and run.

Rocket Ronnie doesnt have the biggest bhp and he has won the first 2 (dont know about 3rd) he made a car that was good at handling, good at sprint and top speed.

And to anyone that does enter, fairplay to you for having a go.
Why is it a stupid comment? It is organised almost completely on forums, promoted on forums and talked about on forums. Apart from the feature in Redline after the event people who don't use the internet have little idea what TOTB is about. But there is no prize money to be had, so you are risking tens of thousands just to prove a point ot people on forums IMHO.

Look at Rocket Ronnie, he blew his engine up on his last run at TOTB 2 if I remember correctly, I wonder if winning a little trophy made up for the cost of that?

It is motorsport only without the sponsorship!

I say fair play to Rod if he doesn't want to enter, his interest is getting to Brunters and beating top speed records and having a go at the qtr at the same time. He gets no crap with paying to enter, driving to Elvington and back, the massive queues at TOTB and all the other general hassles and getting less runs/not being able to time what he wants when he wants!

I don't think anyone else can complain/whinge their bitch-tits off about his decisions until they are in the same position as him, then i'd like to see them enter and risk it all for nothing!

You won't see Martin Hadland entering either, or Porkie!
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:05 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Less engine stress than your average trackday, and no worse than a long day at SantaPod or a severe road caning.
Bollocks!

There is nothing more stressfull for/more likely to break a turbocharged engine than top speed runs from what I have seen by going to these events/trackdays.
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:07 PM
martinrs500labatts

steve,

wound you drive 250 miles there and back when i have a trailer,

my car was a real road car, thats my point,

as i done two totb events i feel qualified to comment from a competeters veiw pont,

i had fun at the first one i did, but the second was not so good, from a drivers veiw,

far to many people, no control over the spectaters

get them big skylinner one the track and we will see,

with that much power you can not go round the corners
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:10 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I am on the non entrants side on this 1 who gives a fook if they enter or not, its there money and there cars at risk of popping so it is ENTIRELY up to the owners if they enter or not. How can people tell someone else what they should and shouldnt be doing, just cause they have the quickest cossies in the contry other people think they have a say in what they do and dont do with there cars.
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:12 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Phil......

Theres a word i forgot to use in that sentence- BRUNTINGTHORPE

What do all cossies try n do over n over there? Hmm, top speed is it? So the same people cant use that excuse.

Youi have ROAD CARS do events cause you find them FUN, not cause you expecting to WIN, and if you dont find em fun, or not fun enough to bother with, dont, i dont think people have a right to complain at that
Reason to not enter is cause you have no interest cause its not somthing your into (maybe your only into trackdays etc) or too far, or whatever, but the real reason most people wont enter is cause they wont win, and thats daft, what you win at brunters? on trackdays? at RWYBs?
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:15 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Going to Brunters and getting timed there you win exactly the same as you do at TOTB - fuck all! Only you pay about Ł300 and a weekend less time for the pleasure of winning this great prize
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:18 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

just out of interest how much is it to enter totb and on average how many enterents
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:20 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

if you not into entering, dont bleat about it on n on phil, thats just as bad as going on and on trying to make people compete

dont have to enter, why do somthing you wont enjoy, just its a bit sad really that peoples reason for it is cause they wont win, who gives a fuck, a trophy, woo

your trip to brunters cost you a lot more than 300quid tho phil...
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:21 PM
dumped

You have to pay to enter totb - totally rediculous to the car owner - fine for tuners who are advertising. Brunters is free and relaxed if you are with PF and you get to concentrate on what you are doing. TOTB is hottest day of the year with 10million neds and a london traffic que to contend with just to get to the starting line - I would never consider doing it as I would get frustrated and just mow everyone down in the que
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:22 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Ł80 to enter
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:23 PM
Phil
Jeebus

your trip to brunters cost you a lot more than 300quid tho phil...
Actually I made money on it
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:27 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

i DO think a fee to enter is daft tho, bearing in mind the money they now making from it.
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:36 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Why is it a stupid comment? It is organised almost completely on forums, promoted on forums and talked about on forums. Apart from the feature in Redline after the event people who don't use the internet have little idea what TOTB is about. But there is no prize money to be had, so you are risking tens of thousands just to prove a point ot people on forums IMHO.

It is motorsport only without the sponsorship!
Wow !! totally sums it up really , 10 people on this Forum think they run the Cossie scene in the UK. The publicity that my car has recieved in the wider world since the 200 run proved what a small insular world PF is.
People on here telling me it didnt count etc, no such comments from other car scenes etc only acceptance of what had been achieved.
I would be prepared to run at totb if PF users stump up the 4k to get me to the start line. If not i will use my 2005 budget to push the Cossie Topspeed record as far as I can & also set new standards for RWD accleration. To be owner of the Worlds Fastest Sierra Cosworth is a bit more important to me than comming 11th overall (totb1) at a totb event & then getting total abuse cos i didnt win it.

If that makes me Chicken Cluck Cluck
Old 13-02-2005 | 12:37 PM
steviep
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 13-02-2005 | 12:40 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

You won't see Martin Hadland entering either
No?

hi peter
i've already confirmed with keith cowie directly and he's a definite.
also now confirmed a couple of other interesting cars should be there, martin hadlands new motor and a viper with over 900bhp.
Old 13-02-2005 | 01:10 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Rod in the space of an hour your 2.5k has gone to 4k? You say you are competitive, where in the uk are you gonna get better competition. You can still push the cossie top speed barrier here to. AS said why not just say you dont want to run, not it cost this and pf could sponsor etc.. P. Now dont take that as me bullying you or slagging you.

Phil, what is the difference in blowing your car up on the m25, the a4, brunters or at totb? If its gonna blow up its gonna blow up. Now dont take that as me bullying you or slagging you.

As said the competition in istself could be better organised etc.. better classess, waiting times etc..
Old 13-02-2005 | 01:13 PM
RANJ
BANNED

also wasnt the timing gear last year wank aswell

Quick Reply: cossies at TOTB