General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Any one heard of Orange Grove Motors (Newcastle)

Search this Thread

Old 24-06-2011, 06:51 PM
tiny2white
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any one heard of Orange Grove Motors (Newcastle)

Well last week I set about getting my Peugeot 205 back running and after stripping the engine it was clear I needed at least a crank and rod.

So I found a fella breaking 205's Mi's and other peugeots, gave him a tinkle monday to see if he could help. Cut a long story short I bought a complete bottom end of him for £150.

That was ment to turn up wednesday, it didn't!

His excuse was that he had looked over the engine and measured each piston stroke to find number 3 was 0.5mm longer and was not happy sending me that engine as he felt it had bearing issues (why not just check the shells)

I found this out after I called to see why the engine had not turned up.

So we spoke about other options which were 2lt Mi or a complete engine for AN EXTRA £150! or he would throw a set of 2nd hand shells in the bottom end of the first block but this wouldnt be ready to ship to me untill wednesday next week so would have got it friday!

He later called to say that the complete engine was at the back of about 10 other engines and he wouldn't be able to get it ready untill monday so I would of got it wednesday next week. I got a bit pissed off and explained nicely that I expected what I had paid for by friday (which was 2 days later than first agreed)

He then went on to tell me that he had another engine that he was keeping for him self that he was prepared to let me have, which had new bigs and mains 5k ago with a lightened and ballanced crank which he had built and had in his own car.

What a nice guy I thought, trying to resolve a situation

Well that turned up today I'll let the pics do the talking...........

[IMG]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/tiny2white/15575ac8.jpg[/IMG

Check out the mains

Every shell (big and main) f**ked.

I spoke to him about it and all he could say/ offer was a new set of shells even after I pointed out that something must of caused that to happen and where are the bits that have flaked off???

Don't get me wrong I was happy with the price Even though I didn't want another head but I expected what I had paid for.

I said that I would send these pics to him he said he would txt me an email address to send to he hasn't.

So after my long short story (sorry) I just want to ask does any one know or have you heard of
LEE FAWCETT from
Orange Grove motor Co
Unit 3
Station road
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE27 0RT

and how would you handle it from here?
Old 24-06-2011, 07:54 PM
steve7786
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on how these posts usually go, take it back, throw it through his window and demand your money back with a group of big guys in tow.

Then the seller will post up and it will turn out it's all your fault

I wouldn't be happy with that engine myself but surely if you strip it all down and give it a good clean and use your old oil pump etc it should be ok if there is no other damage.
Old 24-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Rs1
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i wouldnt dare use that engine without a full strip, clean , measure etc. You probably would have been better off with the £150 lump and just except that it will need rebuilding regardless of what condition its apparently in.
Cant say ive heard of him being a filthy gypsy conman but tbh most garages up that way are a bit..... questionable,lol.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:02 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive never heard of them im from newcastle
Old 24-06-2011, 10:03 PM
stephenbatey
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scottyrs
ive never heard of them im from newcastle

Neither have I.