General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

OH MY F*CKING GOOD!!! 779bhp dynoed on cossie engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005 | 04:33 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by PF Ben
thing is brom you don't know what i have or haven't done mate - got fed up of getting my hands dirty years ago, got pics of me working my own heads if you like to see em mate - assumption is the mother of all fuck ups dude!
and as far as your 'hands-on' experience with 700bhp+ engines (which is how many?) against my experience/s seeing them being built by the top people, seeing them go on the dyno again and again, being mapped, and bandying ideas around with them about taking them further etc. - ie., not reading about it in a book: seeing it and being involved with it in person - erm, well, that pretty much answers that
were the fuk did i say i had done 700bhp engines
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:33 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ben. got any jobs going?
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:36 PM
Nick-T
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

"I know all about 1000s of miles on all engines i serviced n built all kinds in 15yr i been in the trade
i had 1st hands on experience you read books to get yours as u dont like getting hands dirty" Given we've been talking about 700bhp + engines for the entire thread, I thought your comments were relating to the subject?
BEN
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:37 PM
GT2
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

PS - I also must say your comments and opinion about reliability / longevity regarding these engines is well known to me (i'm not getting into all that again!! ) but the simple fact is - I've never seen or known one of these wild engines to go pop and all the ones I know run for a whle season and some even two with just oil / filter / plug and other consumable changes. After which, they just ahave a freshen up and check, and they're back out there again
Ben
The engines do go pop but they don't tell you that do they!!
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:39 PM
Zzz...Zzz

Er Chip, I wasn't talking about the power I bought up GIS to answer the speeding comments.
Also, if that is the case in Oslo, it didn't stop two very famous cars racing each other (with me in the passenger seat of one just after meeting the guys for the first time) along it at 150 -165mph for around 6 miles on the E6!
Ben
Good to know you still remember that trip!

I hardly can resist posting on this thread... here we go again... reliability issues...

As long as EGT's and back pressure is within our desired values, the biggest problem with high pwr Yb engines is piston rings, if you drive a nicasil lined yb engine hard a lot(ehem like we do) it wears rings a tad more than conventionally lined engines,but un the other hand.. there as good as no wear on cylinders walls.

After that, we look after valve springs, and every 2.nd year ,the valves are looked after.

But what else can I say to all of you non believers in what Ben is relaying trough this board and PFM other than: COME VISIT US IN NORWAY , and check out reliability with your very own eyes.....

The 2005 seasson is going to be WILD......

Old 08-02-2005 | 04:40 PM
Nick-T

GT2 - No they don't because theey don't!! Funny, they tell me about every other problem they have (brakes, suspension, axles, diffs etc.) but yeah they just lie to me - a mate of theirs - about that!
BEN
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:40 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by PF NICK
"I know all about 1000s of miles on all engines i serviced n built all kinds in 15yr i been in the trade
i had 1st hands on experience you read books to get yours as u dont like getting hands dirty" Given we've been talking about 700bhp + engines for the entire thread, I thought your comments were relating to the subject?
BEN

Is building various of engines of different power over the many years Brom has been doing so not relevant to the thread then?
Surely if you have built 330,350,400,450,500,550,600 bhp engines then assuming you have some inteligence (which im sure Brom does) then its perfectly reasonable to make some pretty relevant comments about how reliability is effected by power.
Unless once you go past 600bhp suddenly the laws of physics invert and things start getting more reliable as you add more power instead of less?

I dont think there is any needed for your patronising attutude towards Brom he helps a lot of people on here out and is a very knowledgeable chap.
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:41 PM
Nick-T

I love you Joel, my HERO!
BEN
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:42 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Originally Posted by Zzz...Zzz
COME VISIT US IN NORWAY , and check out reliability with your very own eyes.....
Can't say fairer than that!

I want to try and get over there this year for sure!
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:43 PM
Nick-T

Er, Chip, if you read my original post to Brom, I was of the same opinion as you - it was BROM who said, "who the f*** said I built 700bhp engines?". Tw*t!
Ben
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:48 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

u said about your nan and the zetec and then removed it

all engine wear and big power and hi reving engine wear out faster alot faster
thats all am saying
but like you said ben am not a proper person so i will leave it at that
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:51 PM
GT2

Well...Stians engine have gone pop at least once (Jenspeed mistake though), Lasse's engine went pop last summer, Ruud Racings engine went pop late last summer.. so there you go!!
Nick-T

Firstly I didn't remove that post
Secondly I never said you or anyone else isn't a 'proper' person... I don't get into slanging and respect what you do so I wouldn't... so as Arnie would say, "chill out, dickwad!"
BEN
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

dont see why people just dont believe what they say ffs pessimistic foookers!!! not like they are your typical back street goon that claims to have built a 600bhp yb lump with a t3 on it is it?

chip. think you have spent too much time on mig web where they beleive no cosworth can get more than 2bhp purely because it wasnt built by vauxhall
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:52 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

There is alot of stress on here today Seans happy though, his metro engined overpriced kit car just made 206bhp whilst being mapped by the God that is dave 'the rave' Walker! not bad for a little N/A 1.8

So at least someones happy

Roll on Bedford

Just spoke to him and he said its Grrrrrrrrreat
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:52 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sorry i ment to say i quoted not removed
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:53 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by GT2
Well...Stians engine have gone pop at least once (Jenspeed mistake though), Lasse's engine went pop last summer, Ruud Racings engine went pop late last summer.. so there you go!!
Yeah but not during Bens visit so it doesnt count.
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:54 PM
GT2

Originally Posted by chip-3door
Originally Posted by GT2
Yeah but not during Bens visit so it doesnt count.
Hehe..thats right
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:55 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by JAP CRAP
chip. think you have spent too much time on mig web where they beleive no cosworth can get more than 2bhp purely because it wasnt built by vauxhall
God no, please dont tar me with the same brush as most of those muppets, and anyway you've got it back to front, most of them actually see the YB as some sort of indestructable ultra powerful engine to aspire towards (which in many ways compared to the LET it is) anyway, if anything they think the YB is better than it really is not worse.
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:55 PM
kjc300
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Porkie

Just spoke to him and he said its Grrrrrrrrreat

Old 08-02-2005 | 04:56 PM
GT2

Stian is a rally driver by the way... thats why he can handle the car like no other...not because he is Scandinavian...
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:57 PM
Nick-T

Chip - you're a trellis
Brom - that's ok mate I won't hold it against you!
BEN
PS - I'm going home now to have sex, have fun
Old 08-02-2005 | 04:59 PM
Azrael
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by GT2
Stian is a rally driver by the way... thats why he can handle the car like no other...not because he is Scandinavian...
I bet there are some others in Scandinavia who can
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:00 PM
Zzz...Zzz

Originally Posted by GT2
Stian - one thrust bearing the wrong way.. the sport of mistake that should not happen

Lasse - 1 injector failed (after 2 FULL SEASSONS) and cyl 3 piston was damaged

Ruud, over revved and hit 2.nd whilst accalrating , was aiming for 3.rd

GT2 - you KNOW that I know....
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:00 PM
GT2

Originally Posted by Azrael
Originally Posted by GT2
Yep...but not that many driving Fords
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:01 PM
Zzz...Zzz

Originally Posted by GT2
Stian - one thrust bearing the wrong way.. the sort of mistake that should not happen

Old 08-02-2005 | 05:01 PM
GT2

Originally Posted by GT2
Stian - one thrust bearing the wrong way.. the sport of mistake that should not happen

Yup...but they still went pop
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:06 PM
Azrael
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by GT2
Originally Posted by Azrael
Originally Posted by GT2
Yep...but not that many driving Fords
Some did in the past. I bet that guys like Vatannen, Kankunnen can cope. And probably few hundred other crazy Scandinavians who accelerate before jump because there can be straight after it

I know at least one driver here in Poland who is mad enough to drive 700bhp car
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:07 PM
Nick-T

GT2 - stians car: Jenspeed may have made a 'mistake', that's not a reliability issue due to the inherent flaws or build of the engine. The 'other' times you mention aren't worth mentioning, again, a shattered plenum - which was rectified with a different item that's never had problems since - is hardly an unreliable engine.
lasse's car: Fuel injector failure - again not an unreliable engine - My 400bhp 3-door had a kink in the fuel pipe which caused the engine to melt - not an unreliable engine (It had done over 140 11/12-sec 1/4 miles and 20-25,000 odd road miles) but a dodgy bit of fuel pipe.
ruud's car - he had problems with the gearbox on the silver car and that's all... if you had an engine and revved it to 12,000 rpm due to a baulking gearbox that is not the engines fault - that's like putting an engine on the dyno and purposefully revving it to 18,000 rpm time and time again it would go pop as you are using the engine outside of its parameters
PS - The 'driving' aspect of your argument: the original point this was raised to substantiate was there aren't people who can use big power properly... I disagreed - my opinion is that of all the people i see at UK track days, only 5% could use such power. In Scandinavia, I would say that of all the people i see at Gatebil etc. 95% could use such power. Hence why I believe powerful engines in general are useable through better skill (which seems to come naturally and / or as a result of the culture / environment in Scandinavia).
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:07 PM
Zzz...Zzz

Originally Posted by GT2
Originally Posted by GT2

Yup...but they still went pop
yup, but a trust bearing inncorrectly installed,a failing injector and a failed gearchange does not directly ralate to engine realiabily in regards to what load the YB engine design can handle.
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:14 PM
Zzz...Zzz

Originally Posted by PF NICK
I love you Joel, my HERO!
BEN
Well , you know me , I'm just telling the trouth!

R u guys coming over this summer?
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:21 PM
robhaugen
Regular Contributor

Didn't the Ruud engine break down during dyno?... that's what i read.. but he was secretive about how it broke down..
so now he is selling the engine... rebuilt ...
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:26 PM
Zzz...Zzz

xxxx
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:34 PM
robhaugen
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by robhaugen
Didn't the Ruud engine break down during dyno?... that's what i read.. but he was secretive about how it broke down..
so now he is selling the engine... rebuilt ...
Be 100% shure before you post. Bcoz you are in error here.

VS motor and Jan did an experimental thing.. and they failed to understand(in time) that a stroked YB engine would not tolerate the combination of rpm's and HP they tested. so it blew up in the dyno.

the engine he is selling is not his, it is a "spare" one,and he commisions the sale.(that pretty much a 99% correct intelligense i think, even if somone comes in later here and tries to tweak the trouth...)

eeh... what error? i said/asked (if) it broke down during dyno. you said yes..
i didn't say why it broke down because i didn't know..

isn't this his engine?
http://www.be-4-you.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8704

maybe he has made up his mind after this but the engine is still up for sale on b4..
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:37 PM
Zzz...Zzz

xxx
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:41 PM
robhaugen
Regular Contributor

ok... but.. you can't tell me that the engine on the pics ain't Ruud's engine?
well, you can tell me that but it's looking quite similar to his... or.. if krb have bought the engine from Ruud.. then it makes sense..

well, anywho... i don't reeeally care..
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:45 PM
Zzz...Zzz

well, you can tell me that but it's looking quite similar to his... or.. if krb have bought the engine from Ruud.. then it makes sense..

yup who cares, but i can tell you that the pictures are of his engine bfore it blew.
The one up for sale is a copy, owned by KRB.

This is PM stuff I think...
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:48 PM
robhaugen
Regular Contributor

yup who cares, but i can tel you that the pictures are of his engine bfore it blew.
The one up for sale is a copy, owned by KRB.

This is PM stuff I think...
okidoki... that makes sense... not..
not according to his ad... but.. who cares.. let's pretend this never happened...
i just wanna see some fast cars on track this year.. that's (almost) good enough for me..
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:49 PM
Zzz...Zzz

xxx
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:49 PM
robhaugen
Regular Contributor

to the pic, Zzz..

Quick Reply: OH MY F*CKING GOOD!!! 779bhp dynoed on cossie engine