General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Focus 1.8 Tdci Question

Search this Thread

Old 19-03-2011, 03:55 PM
míchaél1980
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Focus 1.8 Tdci Question

Hi everyone this is my first post here and I'm hoping someone can help.I have a 2006 1.8 TDCI Focus,I think I might have knocked a hose off whilst servicing it but not sure if it was already like this.It is located at the very back of the engine bay and is a thin black hose/pipe maybe some kind of breather.
The end that is connected still leads up under a plastic panel/cowl and is connected to a hole there, I removed the windscreen cowl and the one below it to find this out.My question is where does the other end connect I cant see anywhere obvious for it to connect too,I have searched Haynes manual and ford Etis and even Google for hours but still cant find it.
I'm trying to find out as I'm experiencing a kinda hoover noise when accelerating not all the time but pretty often I understand this is usually a split hose.I have checked the hoses and cant seem to see anything major but a couple had a little bit of gunk on them which I intend to change soon to be safe but just want to rule out this hose/pipe incase it is part of the problem.
Thanks in advance