General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

bit of advice what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 27-02-2011, 08:21 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bit of advice what would you do?

right people as some of you may know my cosworth came back from the mot and now basically needs a set up its sats outside since december im really fed up with it i was going to just keep a hold of it untill i can get it sorted and can be bothered with it really , however ive came across a bora tdi highline that i really like i was so close to getting it today on finance so thats my problem do i get this bora or anything else i see and keep the cossie or do i just get rid of the cossie and get a new car thing is with summer on the way think id really miss it but havent got any love for it at the mo im sooo confusedddd
Old 27-02-2011, 08:26 PM
stickertone
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello mate my advice to you is buy the bora( exellent cars and 50mpg) and use this as a daily driver, keep the cossie and sort it out as you go along.... the bora will almost pay for the repairs to the cossie with the money you save in running costs (i got a cossie and a passat tdi, the passat saves me about 2 to 2.5 k a year difference in running costs compared to the cossie... ie more mpg, less servicing and it doesnt go wrong.... ) HTH
Old 27-02-2011, 08:29 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

yeah i know what you mean mate the cossie is all payed for tax motd ect so doing no harm sitting there and either way i need another car for work ect and i defo want cheap running costs its just i think if i got rid of the saff id always want another
Old 27-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

VAG for daily and an RS for special. Works for me

I sold my FRST on due to earache from the ex (evil crack whore ) and regretted it everyday since it went
Old 27-02-2011, 08:34 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Keep the cossie until your motivation improves a bit. Don't bother getting a Boringa, buy something cheap and put the finance money you would be paying to one side to put towards getting the cossie back on the road!
Old 27-02-2011, 08:35 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

aye mate my lass was telling me to get rid of it when i kept spending money on it but now shes saying im mad to get rid i saved for a year and half to buy 1 ect..
Old 27-02-2011, 08:37 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Originally Posted by RichieST
Keep the cossie until your motivation improves a bit. Don't bother getting a Boringa, buy something cheap and put the finance money you would be paying to one side to put towards getting the cossie back on the road!
it only needs a £140 setup so not alot its just trying to find the time nms/msd ect arnt local to me atall otherwise it would of been done by now then i cant find a cheap transporter for hire to just get it done without worrying if ill brake it driving it down

Trending Topics

Old 27-02-2011, 08:42 PM
stickertone

buy the bora.... or a cheaper version.. still a tdi, an keep the cossie, it makes taking the cossie out all that much more special, and you'll be back in love with it
Old 27-02-2011, 08:46 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

any one know of any decent boras going then sensible miles ect the one i saw is pushing 5k!
Old 27-02-2011, 08:47 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

once you fall out of love with a car and got alot of money tied up in it, i always get rid of em - but thats me personally.

my personal opinion is to not take out finance, either get a cheap runaround and keep the cossie, or sell the cossie and get something nice as a daily driver. i hope you dont take this the wrong way, but the reason why your cossie hasnt sold is because its overpriced IMO.
Old 27-02-2011, 08:52 PM
stickertone

Originally Posted by scottyrs
any one know of any decent boras going then sensible miles ect the one i saw is pushing 5k!
i just went on auto trader and the 4th one i saw was a 1999 t reg bora tdiwith 130k on it (nothing for one of these... my 02 passats done 190k with no probs) for £800!!!! cheap car it'll pay for its self in a year or less
Old 27-02-2011, 09:02 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
once you fall out of love with a car and got alot of money tied up in it, i always get rid of em - but thats me personally.

my personal opinion is to not take out finance, either get a cheap runaround and keep the cossie, or sell the cossie and get something nice as a daily driver. i hope you dont take this the wrong way, but the reason why your cossie hasnt sold is because its overpriced IMO.
ive said im open to offers mate
Old 27-02-2011, 09:07 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

if i was in your position i wouldnt even spend that money on a good car for a daily i would just buy a 106 or something a lil runner just to get from a to b in . and then slowly get the cossie back on the road for summer time and just drive it as a sunday car... drive the 106 everyday or any small car ..imagine selling the cossie and buying a bora and then u spot a cossie on the road and think what a nice car then realise you lost what u loved...no other car would be the same as driving a cossie mate you could buy a evo subaru whatever u want to .. there good cars but u look at them as all the time its not every day u see a cossie its proper old scool power..KEEP THE COSSIE IN MY OPINION.. u might save money but what fun will u have? will be boring and soon realise u need that fun again and then buy another cossie so JUST KEEP THIS ONE and smile when u foot it! oh and what los is it if its there parked up it aint hurtin you is it just leave it and when u want set it up and ENJOY!
Old 27-02-2011, 09:12 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

thats true MO mate if i got it setup and had a drive init i know it defo wouldnt go anywhere!
Old 27-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

Keep the cossie mate and get a cheap daily.
Old 27-02-2011, 09:24 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

stop being a kunt and set it up and drive it! or if funds are low park it up and leave it and get a cheap runner to drive! atlease u will have it there rather than it gone!
Old 28-02-2011, 11:02 AM
opposite lock
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scottyrs
it only needs a £140 setup so not alot its just trying to find the time nms/msd ect arnt local to me atall otherwise it would of been done by now then i cant find a cheap transporter for hire to just get it done without worrying if ill brake it driving it down
once you get ya $$ together just cruise her all the way to your chosen company for setup, be a great drive back mate !!
Old 28-02-2011, 04:05 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Old 28-02-2011, 08:24 PM
bazpro
PassionFord Regular

deffo wouldnt get nowt on finance. i would just get a cheap mondeo or something. ive had a few as runabouts and its amazing wot u can get for 500 notes.
ive been saying i will get another one after ive sold mine years ago. had a few nice cars since like a 200 sx and bugeye impreza. both mint cars and better than what my saph was but in the back of my mind i always thought about selling them to get another cozzy.
seen a green focus rs today down teamvalley and thought it looked nice but my attention quickly went to the magenta saph going past it with the wastgate chattering.
just looked and sounded mint.