General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FAO Mike Rainbird

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know of a nice car you can buy with that $12k (sorry no pound symbol) - it does 0-60 in under 3 secs too!

TBH when you said you'd done an engine for a mini that hit 60 in 3 secs with a 900cc motor I kind of assumed you meant a 900cc A-Series!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike only said it as he foolishly assumed it was just a tuned FWD mini.

I wasnt so daft to assume and looked into it and found out it was a RWD bike engined monster, and with its spec that 0-60 is totally achivable.

Mikes daft to jump to conclusions without knowing more facts.

The XR2 is still BS tho, but thats different
Old 03-02-2005, 11:00 PM
pugo

Mike only said it as he foolishly assumed it was just a tuned FWD mini.
the whole point of my postings on the xr2 thread was this...people assumed
Mikes daft to jump to conclusions without knowing more facts.
exactly.....................point proven........and from you too!!!!!

now, martin got away with it, but mike on the other hand......this baby revs to 16500 and will pull 60+ in first gear
Old 03-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

no no no, the thing is, I knew ENOUGH facts about the XR2 to know its bollocks, thats my point (wether others did i dont know or care)

the mini we knew nothing apart from 1000cc and 3sec to 60, so plenty of variables that could make it easy possible, hence why i never doubted it once
Old 03-02-2005, 11:07 PM
pugo

take the hook out of your mouth mate
Old 03-02-2005, 11:09 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

another i like to be proved right merchants
Old 03-02-2005, 11:17 PM
pugo

you can always take over the bet dude
Old 03-02-2005, 11:28 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

now why would i want to do that
Old 04-02-2005, 03:59 AM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

Originally Posted by POPEYE
£4k is £4k though and it looks like he caught Mike a treat don't it

Martin
Old 04-02-2005, 04:22 AM
Steve200+
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Despite the fact it's absolutely none of my business, it does appear that Pugo's got Mr. Rainbird 'banged to rights' as it were.. pardon the pun
Old 04-02-2005, 06:51 AM
K1NFSCOSSIE
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Just hope its not Trax timing sheets you're quoting
Old 04-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Keith B

I dont think anyone made any assumptions about the XR2 - its a 1660cc HT racing CVH in the Toyo series - people only assumed the Mini was an A-Series (well I did) as it came in a 900cc flavour from the factory. 0-60 was no doubt around 14seconds or something painful like that.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:48 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how come this thread is 2 pages long, but not a single reply from rainbum.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pugo,
You fell for it hook line and sinker . If you see at the end of the offer, there is a little * which you and no-one else picked up on. This was deliberate and was for a little caveat to be added at a later date.

I hoped you would bite, but when you didn't I was most disappointed .

The reason for posting this was that if money was offered up front (like Martin did to the Fiesta guy) and there WAS proof (as I hoped there would be with your claims, as you didn't seem the typre to bullshit ) ), then you WOULD take up such an offer, immaterial of whether you had the cash or not (one of your arguements for him not doing so ).

So in effect, you have just proved without a doubt that the guy was talking bollocks and that the ONLY reason he didn't accept Martin's offer, was that he had no proof to back his claims up and he also knew he was talking bollocks. Just like the ONLY reason you accepted my offer, is because you DO have the evidence .

I was just proving a point, so think this is rather appropriate - and now who's the TWAT ?
Old 04-02-2005, 07:58 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Pugo,
You fell for it hook line and sinker . If you see at the end of the offer, there is a little * which you and no-one else picked up on. This was deliberate and was for a little caveat to be added at a later date.

The reason for posting this was that if money was offered up front (like Martin did to the Fiesta guy) and there WAS proof (as I hoped there would be with your claims, as you didn't seem the typre to bullshit ) ), then you WOULD take up such an offer, immaterial of whether you had the cash or not (one of your arguements for him not doing so ).

So in effect, you have just proved without a doubt that the guy was talking bollocks and that the ONLY reason he didn't accept Martin's offer, was that he had no proof to back his claims up and he also knew he was talking bollocks. Just like the ONLY reason you accepted my offer, is because you DO have the evidence .

I was just proving a point, so think this is rather appropriate - and now who's the TWAT ?

Furry muff. Well played Mike
Old 04-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

mike i actually did notice your * at the time but expected some sort of conditions listed at the bottom of the post. why don't you make it easier for both of you ... and drop it to £500
Old 04-02-2005, 08:08 AM
turbinator
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Old 04-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Pugo,

Impressive
And i saw it and fully expected it
Old 04-02-2005, 08:41 AM
chester
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

An agreement or contract is based on an offer and an acceptance, and must involve consideration ie a financial gain.

The offer was made by Mike, and the * caveat would only be acceptable as part of the offer if the reason for the * was also listed somewhere in that inital offer.

Pugo has accepted the initial offer, therefore a contract has been formed between both parties. Pugo now has to prove the request listed within the initial offer and if he does so the consideration must then be handed over.

Just by adding * only into the initial offer does not allow a caveat to be added at a later date unless this is written into the inital offer.

Let battle commence
Old 04-02-2005, 08:44 AM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by chester
An agreement or contract is based on an offer and an acceptance, and must involve consideration ie a financial gain.

The offer was made by Mike, and the * caveat would only be acceptable as part of the offer if the reason for the * was also listed somewhere in that inital offer.

Pugo has accepted the initial offer, therefore a contract has been formed between both parties. Pugo now has to prove the request listed within the initial offer and if he does so the consideration must then be handed over.

Just by adding * only into the initial offer does not allow a caveat to be added at a later date unless this is written into the inital offer.

Let battle commence
Pugo should have asked what the * was...
Old 04-02-2005, 08:47 AM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

lol and this is not a leagal document!

so it matters not what you put!

alex
Old 04-02-2005, 08:58 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Let battle commence

Its the fucking internet for chrsit sake. pmsl at ' a contract has been formed'
Old 04-02-2005, 09:00 AM
chester

An agreement or contract does not have to be in the format of a document - a verbal agreement on any matter, not just a legal one is just as legally binding as anything on paper as long as it can be proved ie witnesses.

If two people had a wager one night that one could piss up a wall higher than the other, and the one who got the highest had to buy the other a pint and other people where present when the wager was handed out, then the winner could legally obtain a pint from the loser.

If it was as easy as just adding a * to a contract as a get out clause then every contract ever written would have one somewhere in the text.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:06 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

And as J871yhk correctly said, this isnt a leagl document so it doenst matter wot is written.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Stratos RS

doesn't have to be A legal document

Offer from one party written or verbel,followed by Acceptance of terms by another party written or verbally = CONTRACT.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:14 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

and im just saying wot the fuck is anyone gonna do about it if the other party pulls out of this so called contract. Go to court with a print out if this topic saying look wot mike and pugo have entered into etc. they would get laughed out of the court room.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:15 AM
chester

Just pointing out the facts gents.

My credentials are that I am a consultant QS who writes multi million pound legal contracts on a daily basis - what are yours to support your case?

At the end of the day all I see is Pugo saying dont make assumptions until you know all the facts and getting shot down in flames because he is not one of the establishment, looks as if I am now in the same boat.

All in my opinion obviously
Old 04-02-2005, 09:16 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Internet forums are inadmissible in court as the identity of the poster cannot be determined beyond reasonable doubt.........
Old 04-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Stratos RS

file the court paper in America

they will probably inforce it!
Old 04-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Chester,
It's not your XR2 is it? .
Old 04-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Offer from one party written or verbel,followed by Acceptance of terms by another party written or verbally = CONTRACT.

its the net ffs, you write mullti million pound contracts for people, are they all from internet forums

bet you boss must love ya , does that mean when someone writes " if i heard this one more time im gonna kill myself we should delete his user name and make sure he does it

im suprised bernie eccleston aint watching internet forums to make contracts to add a few more quid out of all these bets people do

cheers mate, a educated guy like you can argue the toss for nothing that will ever stem *

*incase ya sue me over my comments onthe internet all thatb was just me typing random bollocks whilst in a funny mood and i am under the age of 14 so i cant be sued by geeks unless my parents are aware

Old 04-02-2005, 09:30 AM
chester

Mike - you bubbled me already

damn it - anybody want an xr2 less motor - slightly reduced price.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Stratos RS

Quote:

its the net ffs, you write mullti million pound contracts for people, are they all from internet forums

bet you boss must love ya , does that mean when someone writes " if i heard this one more time im gonna kill myself we should delete his user name and make sure he does it

im suprised bernie eccleston aint watching internet forums to make contracts to add a few more quid out of all these bets people do

cheers mate, a educated guy like you can argue the toss for nothing that will ever stem *

*incase ya sue me over my comments onthe internet all thatb was just me typing random bollocks whilst in a funny mood and i am under the age of 14 so i cant be sued by geeks unless my parents are aware

Just stating what a contract is, not enforcing it

My credentials are that I am a consultant QS who writes multi million pound legal contracts on a daily basis - what are yours to support your case?

Who you work for mate? i was a project manager for AMEC BS london, Been a QS for my Firm For 8 months
Old 04-02-2005, 11:33 AM
TheBishMan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mike - you bubbled me already

damn it - anybody want an xr2 less motor - slightly reduced price.
Who's chester then?

This thread is making my brain hurt!!
Old 04-02-2005, 12:00 PM
AD-RS1600i
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Where's the original thread as this sounds very funny
Old 04-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Keith B

Chester you spunk monkey - we arent Scottish, verbal agreements dont count for shite.

Nice one Mike
Old 04-02-2005, 04:47 PM
chester

Dont they Keith

http://www.thisisbradford.co.uk/brad...usi01.int.html

suggest you read this example then but you obviously have far more legal knowledge then me so I bow to your greater intellect
Old 04-02-2005, 05:26 PM
pugo

sounds more like Rainbird is trying to retract his bet as the asterisk is only after the record engine bit.....so we shall just do the £2k with the mini if you like?????although as it seems the bet was retracted........I win

all the rainbird fan club.......FPMSL......"yeah we all noticed that mike"

Chester, give up now mate, or you will have the wraith of PF come down on you for daring to question their righteousness , the fact is, i fully expected Mike rainbird to pull out of the bet (not actually expecting such a lame excuse) as all bets from my part of the world are deemed as gentlemens agreements. so by retracting the offer without remit, he is deemed loser, therefore the money is now outstanding, as today i have already spent an amount on the mini preparing it for the challenge!this will be collected either in cash or removal of goods or limbs

Pugo ' who obviously needs to change lodges'

Ps...Mike, just post me FOC one of you charge temp gadgets and i will write the debt off
Old 04-02-2005, 06:04 PM
pugo

mike just in case you was interested, here is the boat and driver on its record run!

i dug it out today whilst looking for the paperwork

Old 04-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Pugo,
I KNEW that your claims were true (as I have seen another RS Turbo / NOS powered RWD Mini do an 11s quarter at the Pod ), I was just trying to make the point that anyone with such evidence WOULD rise to such a challenge IF they could back up their claims . I just wanted to prove that point to you . Seems I have and you should now be retracting your comments backing the guy, as if had the proof, he would have done the same as you - afterall, easy money and all that when you know something to be factual....

As I'm a gent, you can have 50p off .

Quick Reply: FAO Mike Rainbird