General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Finance

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 11:13 AM
carlfiesta999
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Finance

Im starting a new job in March, and ill be just under double what im earning at present per month

Looking at getting a newer diesel, around the 6 grand mark, maybe 2 or 3 years old.

Trouble being my credit rating isnt all that gleaming, i had a dispute with vodafone a couple of years ago over a bill, and then a year after with Lloyds TSB over some unfair bank charges. I tried to get finance at Fords a few years ago and got declined, the odd thing is Natwest who i bank and have banked with for a good few years gave me a overdraft and have increased it for me a few times, yet they say they cant offer me any form of loan or car finance just yet :S

I know ill probably end up paying a higher interest rate, but does anyone know of any decent finance companys who offer credit to people with no so good ratings? Google through up a few, welcome car finance, which is apparently a rip off, and yes car credit who apparently are worse. Any others? Ta
Old 08-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

A dispute and unfair banking charges do not affect your credit score. CCJ's and the like do. I was bad and got loads of debt when I was a young squaddie, debt agencies after me etc and it didnt make much difference as it never went to court or recieved a CCJ.

You can get your credit score through http://www.experian.co.uk for free. I signed up got what I needed then cancelled it free of charge and found out my credit score was 971 out of 1000. 1000 being the best!

I was told by my loan company I had a bad score and could only get a loan at 19.9% apr. Once I found out how good my credit was I went else where and got a tesco loan at 6.9% apr, paid the lloyds loan off then smashed them for banking charges.

Just because some one says you have bad credit does not mean you do. People doing finance want you to have a higher apr as they get a bonus for it!

Find out for your self so you can tell them to sod off! You might even be better off with a bank loan than finance. Check these options first mate,
Old 08-02-2011, 12:13 PM
carlfiesta999
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahh. thanks mate. thought you had to pay for those experian reports, and if you put your address in someone told me anyone you owe money to will start sending letters out to you! got to be so vigilant in todays world! Ill give that a go! Thanks

EDIT:

Just did that through experian but got this message at the end?

Thanks for joining CreditExpert!
In order to process your credit report application, we just need to carry out some further checks on the information you provided. We do this to protect your information and to ensure that only you get access to your personal credit report.

We normally anticipate being able to complete this within two working days, and once we have, we'll send you confirmation to the e-mail address you provided.

If you have any questions, you can call our Customer Service team on 0844 481 0800* Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm and Saturday, 8am to 4pm.

Thanks again for choosing CreditExpert.

:S

Will have to wait and see, how do i cancel it once ive got the check? Cheers

Last edited by carlfiesta999; 08-02-2011 at 12:19 PM.