General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

For anyone interested in Time Attack

Search this Thread

Old 21-01-2011, 05:23 PM
turbotoaster
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For anyone interested in Time Attack

Just to let everyone know that for the past few years TOYO have been the main sponsor of Time Attack.

From this everyone has been running 888 tyres due to that being the control tyre.

TOYO have decided this year to suspend anc cancel any sponsorship of any motorsport around the world and as such its left Time Attack with no tyre sponsor.

It has now been realised(maybe some of you guys saw at autosport) that Pirelli have stepped in to take over and as such all 888s are now null and void.

So what does that mean for you?

Well it means all the competitors who own 888s have now got no use for them and will be selling them on, so keep an eye out of the forums and ebay for some bargains for your track cars

On a positive note for Ronnie, Matt in the rx7 is not taking part this year so you pretty much have it in the bag if you keep it reliable
Old 21-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting, wonder if that means that 888's will be cheaper or even dearer now!
Old 21-01-2011, 06:06 PM
turbotoaster
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well 888s are getting harder to find, im not sure if the november 2012 rule about banning track tyres from being road legal due to wet weather performance in the uk is still in effect, im guessing toyo are pulling out due to them knowing people will stop buying if they can only be used on track as you can get slicks cheaper.

the time attack boys are a source of bargains i think for a short while but they will soon dry up