General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Merc ML55 AMG stolen from Sidcup

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 12:33 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 155lee
thats dundee for you
Haha!! ...can't really do much apart from agree either?!

Cheers,
Grant
Old 01-12-2010, 12:35 PM
RSricRS
Long live the ford RS'S

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Where are they? Honestly... the cops genuinely just blend into the background with these complex undercover missions don't they.

Cheers,
Grant
They are useless mate ! you would think they would watch the area closely and wait for the litle pikey fuck pigs to return, whilst keeping undercover.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by RSricRS
They are useless mate ! you would think they would watch the area closely and wait for the litle pikey fuck pigs to return, whilst keeping undercover.
They were worried that if the scumbags did return and drive it off then they probably wouldn't be able to keep up given the road conditions, fair comment I suppose.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:52 PM
beaver rs 88
in the garage

nice one matey glad to hear you got it back, i work in a land rover dealer and we have them come in all the time for new locksets and keys coded in. we ask for the logbook and some id if any new keys are wanted so we can verify the identity of the customer so we no its legit. cant beat a good tracker just had one fitted to my s2 turbo 600 quid fitted.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:54 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Originally Posted by Martin-Hadland
They were worried that if the scumbags did return and drive it off then they probably wouldn't be able to keep up given the road conditions, fair comment I suppose.
Very true, a 3-series and Ashtray panda aren't gonna do too well at staying with an ML55.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
RSricRS
Long live the ford RS'S

Yeah, Know what you mean.

Just boils my blood when the low life rats get away with it, we need to run our own undercover team to catch the scumbags then contact the victim with his to do list on them with pleasure.

Last edited by RSricRS; 01-12-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phil69a
Gutted for you mate, hope it turns up! Have the police been looking for it with their tracking device or are they being useless as usual?
Didn't take long with the usual police bashing bullshit.

Glad you got the car back very swiftly!

Last edited by Rick Astley; 01-12-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

glad you got it back!!

I assume your going to upgrade the house security too so the scum cunts cant get in so easily this time??? an alarm with a downstairs section you can arm at night is a good idea, as is a general perimeter zone for all the windows/entrances when your in the house after dark.

did you leave keys on the hall table?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:12 PM
saphlover
PassionFord Post Troll

Glad you got the ML back.

On a seperate note have you sold your reg D8EAM? Im sure I spotted it in Preston last week on my way to work, cant remember what car it was on though.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Gav Diamond
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by saphlover

On a seperate note have you sold your reg D8EAM? Im sure I spotted it in Preston last week on my way to work, cant remember what car it was on though.
Think Porkie owns that plate now mate

Dan, Glad to hear you got your car back mate
Old 01-12-2010, 04:25 PM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

Excellent news
Old 01-12-2010, 04:31 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Originally Posted by Gav Diamond
Think Porkie owns that plate now mate
...it was on his F430 last time I saw a pic of it anyway.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

good to hear the Tracker did its job, my cars are fitted with the same tracker

will insurance not pay out for the door locks?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry to read the pikey fucks pinched it but very pleased to read the thread through and see it's been recovered
Old 01-12-2010, 05:56 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Renton
Yes, they got the keys. And yes, at least none of us were woken up by a loon asking for the keys to be handed over in person...

And yes, it has had a lot of love. Just back from bodyshop where front end was painted and new (£100 each ) front fog lights fitted. Also just fitted brand new TV/DVD/Satnav unit. The car has never been better

Sadly those pics were taken at my old house in Wiltshire - you get a lot more bricks for your money out there! Would have loved a similar place in Sidcup (Kent/south London boarder, well inside M25) but would have needed lottery money. 99% of roads in Sidcup are through roads, so you get a lot more people driving past...

Ahh bastard,so sorry for you mate,wasn't trying to be a detective earlier,I was just concerned as mines parked outside at night,although to be fair anyone stupid enough to enter my house would have to get past my dog,which wouldn't be nice for them but if their armed etc,well,it doesn't bear thinking about.

I'll read through the rest of the thread as I hope it's a good ending but I'm really sorry for you as their ace cars but you should get a good payout if it doesn't turn up.

I've worked with insurance and I know of an identical jeep to mine that the bird hung out for and got paid out £8k,it was on a y plate and this was a year ago!! I only gave £5k for mine with fsh one former keeper so there may be a silver lining at least.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RSricRS

Being Sidcup, sadly you can pretty much guarantee it was pikey's or there plastic wannabes just glad he got it back...

Originally Posted by saphlover

I THINK Dan owns quite a few plates and Lee just uses them, but dont quote me on it lol

as said Dan glad you got it back.

but how come you have now moved up this way pal?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:19 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That'll teach me!!!great great great news fella,best deterrent is a dog,defiantly!!!So please d for you mate,especially in this weather.I always wondered why they had 160 mph clocks in them as my dirty diesel would struggle to do more than a ton!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:40 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
glad you got it back!!

I assume your going to upgrade the house security too so the scum cunts cant get in so easily this time??? an alarm with a downstairs section you can arm at night is a good idea, as is a general perimeter zone for all the windows/entrances when your in the house after dark.

did you leave keys on the hall table?

I purposefully leave my car keys on display. If they want the car they can come and get it - the last thing I want is an armed thief waking me or my children up looking for keys!!

No car is worth endangering the lives of your family, no matter how much of a vigillante you may be!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:44 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I'll wait for the instruction for it when it probably comes into my workplace.

We get a load of stolen-recovered cars from the DA, BR and SE postcodes and have to collect them from Charlton Pound where the fingerprint exams are done.

If it does come through, it would get a new lockset and fobs reprogrammed by Mercedes as standard procedure. Anyone that does not either give you all new keys or ask for the other keys for reprogramming would not be getting the car for sorting out IMO.

What bodyshop was it that had itm out of interest?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by iansoutham
We get a load of stolen-recovered cars from the DA, BR and SE postcodes and have to collect them from Charlton Pound where the fingerprint exams are done.

My mrs uncle used to run that pound!!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:51 PM
COSWORTHFOCUS

Very glad to see you got your lovly motor back hope the toe rags get a hiding for there trouble
Old 01-12-2010, 06:54 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They could have disabled it and then hidden in the bushes, but that would have requiered some 'thought'

quote=beaver rs 88;5214907]nice one matey glad to hear you got it back, i work in a land rover dealer and we have them come in all the time for new locksets and keys coded in. we ask for the logbook and some id if any new keys are wanted so we can verify the identity of the customer so we no its legit. cant beat a good tracker just had one fitted to my s2 turbo 600 quid fitted.[/quote]

Doesn't mean everybody in your line of work is 'straight up' lots of people are up for making a bit of extra cash on the side in these types of jobs, sadly.

Glad you got it back, utter c*nts!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:23 PM
neil73
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Glad you got it back, nice looking ml
Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Mark_
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this makes a fantastic change to hear of the car being found.

really pleased for you
Old 01-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
I purposefully leave my car keys on display. If they want the car they can come and get it - the last thing I want is an armed thief waking me or my children up looking for keys!!

No car is worth endangering the lives of your family, no matter how much of a vigillante you may be!
all very well until insurance stops paying out for cars stolen with keys on display.. infact some do now.

in which case when things become that bad you might as well leave keys in ignition.....

or not own anything nice....

you have to draw a line somewhere and leaving your keys on display is not wise IMO.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Ginge
www.virtualseason.net

Glad to hear you have got it back, and in a good period of time too.

Ginge
Old 03-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Renton
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iansoutham
I'll wait for the instruction for it when it probably comes into my workplace.

If it does come through, it would get a new lockset and fobs reprogrammed by Mercedes as standard procedure. Anyone that does not either give you all new keys or ask for the other keys for reprogramming would not be getting the car for sorting out IMO.

What bodyshop was it that had itm out of interest?
It has been at Charlton for a few days now. Waiting for news of when I can go and get it

Originally Posted by miller3
Being Sidcup, sadly you can pretty much guarantee it was pikey's or there plastic wannabes just glad he got it back...

I THINK Dan owns quite a few plates and Lee just uses them, but dont quote me on it lol

as said Dan glad you got it back.

but how come you have now moved up this way pal?
Correct, I have about 50 plates. Lee is in the process of buying D8EAM from me. It's not all his just yet, but it is more his than mine! His other plates are borrowed.

My wife used to go to school in Sidcup and her sister and mum live here. I'm an Essex boy, so would have moved back there if it was all my decision!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

too right mate, i am exactly the same, the pieces of metal outside can easily be replaced, the people sleeping under my roof cannot
Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

all very well until insurance stops paying out for cars stolen with keys on display.. infact some do now.

in which case when things become that bad you might as well leave keys in ignition.....

or not own anything nice....

you have to draw a line somewhere and leaving your keys on display is not wise IMO.
Completely missing the point there Warren. It's not about the car, nor the insurance, it's about the safety of my family. I don't care if the insurance doesn't pay out if I leave my keys somewhere obvious. What I do care about is minimising the amount of time a potential threat to my family remains in my house.

When you have kids you'll understand.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

i see your point but do you have the money to afford to regularly loose £50k??

in which case my point about not owning nice things is true......

plus even in "modern" britain the threat is very small. and to minimise the threat further im sure a stronger door and a decent house alarm would more than mitigate your percieved increase in threat by hiding the keys.

we are no where near like south africa yet. thieves dont lay siege to your house regardless of blaring alarms and everyone blatently being awake in the house.....

even the VERY rare cases when they sneak into your bedroom, its still opportunist and relys massively on the element of surprise and the knowledge that most people will shit themselves and hand over keys. Those same thieves will go somewhere else if they wake up the whole house and set off the alarm and still cant get in the front door
Old 04-12-2010, 11:56 AM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Wazza, I don't have kids... but I'm sure that if their safety and the potential risk of being part of a traumatic experience was removed then I'd give up driving an exotic/attractive car in a heartbeat.

Once is unlucky and I'd continue owning a decent car after that... twice, I'd lose the attention grabbing car... three times, I'd move house to a completely different area.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 04-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Er, Warren, the last time I checked Dan didn't own a 50k car...
Old 04-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

so why is he so worried then
Old 04-12-2010, 12:17 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

so why is he so worried then
I'm not worried. I just stated that I make no attempt to hide my keys as I'd rather a burglar finds them quickly and fucks off!

I also choose to live in a very low crime rural area which I consider to be very safe for my family.

I also have not heard of a single case of an insurance company not paying out because the keys weren't hidden, nor, I'd wager has that ever been the case.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:27 PM
marky_g
Fleet Manager

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

grate news renton

trackers rely are a grate investment on your pride and joy and im sure 99.9% of people on here could wire one in them selves if they rely wanted
Old 04-12-2010, 01:20 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

If you can afford a £50k car then it's going to get trackeree as part of most insurance deals so if you leave the keys on the deck and they get fished and the car goes walkies, at least you get it back or get paid out
Old 04-12-2010, 04:58 PM
BLACKCOS

at last a car has been got back for once after being stolen good old tracker
Old 04-12-2010, 05:32 PM
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

great to hear good news like this for once
Old 04-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Renton
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I also have not heard of a single case of an insurance company not paying out because the keys weren't hidden, nor, I'd wager has that ever been the case.
I've heard of insurance not paying out on stolen cars which have had keys left in the ignition at a petrol station, IE negligence on the part of the owner not properly protecting the keys. I bet some insurance companies would try the same argument if a set of keys were left on full display a short distance from a letter box..? (that wasn't the case with my theft btw)

On a slightly different subject, I invested in a decent 4 camera CCTV kit yesterday! I like the sound of the 'viewable via the internet' feature! At least that way your holiday could be ruined mid trip, when you login and see your spare car has been nicked, rather than waiting for a nasty surprise when you get home
Old 04-12-2010, 08:40 PM
rapid3door

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Where are they? Honestly... the cops genuinely just blend into the background with these complex undercover missions don't they.

Cheers,
Grant
lol they are thick aint they good news fella

Quick Reply: Merc ML55 AMG stolen from Sidcup