General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Disabling ABS (Vauxhall Corsa D)

Search this Thread

Old 28-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Bailes1992
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Disabling ABS (Vauxhall Corsa D)

My Aunti just gave me a ring asking if you can switch off ABS. I said No but I might be able to pull the fuse.
If I was to pull the fuse on the ABS would it simply switch off the ABS? Or would it have other concequences? I more then assume you will have the ABS light on the dash board?
She works allot up the valleys and stuff where in the cold the ABS is a damm nuicence!

Bailes.
Old 28-11-2010, 05:08 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Are you sure it's ABS causing the problem and not Traction control or stability control?

I have to turn off my ESP on my Transit on very steep hills (Northumberland), it reduces the power as the wheels slip.

Old 28-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Bailes1992

No traction control, it's a poverty spec 1.3CDTi Corsa

See if I find that very strange, everyone complains about ESP in the cold but my Dad's V50 T5 has DTSC (I assume it's just another name for T/C). Our drive it quite steep and in the snow begining of this year we couldn't get it out of our drive with it switched off (just kept spinning up the front wheels). So we tried it switched on and it got out first time? Then again you have to go up a small/steepish hill to get out of my street and the focus struggled with no TC yet the volvo with it's DTSC switched on got up no problem?
What I will say is the Volvo DTSC system is pretty good, you can slip, spin and slide quite abit before it starts cutting the power and even when it does it seems to do it gradually and not in one big chunk, maybe why it's good in the snow?
Old 28-11-2010, 05:44 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Bailes1992
What I will say is the Volvo DTSC system is pretty good, you can slip, spin and slide quite abit before it starts cutting the power and even when it does it seems to do it gradually and not in one big chunk, maybe why it's good in the snow?
Volvo should know what they are doing with snowy roads!!
It sounds better than your normal ESP

Mine cuts power almost as soon the wheels spin, it just runs itself to a stop if I don't hit the disable button fast enough, annoying thing is it auto switches on at 40mph again.

Old 28-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Bailes1992

Originally Posted by focusv8
Volvo should know what they are doing with snowy roads!!
It sounds better than your normal ESP

Mine cuts power almost as soon the wheels spin, it just runs itself to a stop if I don't hit the disable button fast enough, annoying thing is it auto switches on at 40mph again.

Well at the end of the day the V50 is just a posh Focus, it has the same engine, suspention and brakes as a Focus ST so I more than assume it's got a Ford traction control system, but then again I may be wrong
Old 28-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

just pull the fuse out fella. Geno disconnect one of the abs sensors. Both ways will bring the abs light on and stop the abs from working.