General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What a season its looking for the Premier league!!

Search this Thread

Old 28-11-2010, 02:44 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a season its looking for the Premier league!!

All the numbtys with the "Chelsea have won it already""no one can match Chelsea" blah blah blah and then the "Uniteds days are past them" "United havnt the players" "4th position at best"

You cannot predict fuck all in the prem FACT!

Where are city??
What are Eveton doing so low???
Liverpool??

Not one game is a dead cert anymore... its ace!

Will united slip up against the Seasiders next week?? i cant wait, will be there nice and early buzzing for the day ahead...

Best season of the premiership imo
Old 28-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

'you cannot predict fuck all in the premiership, FACT'

you can. either arsenal, united, or chelsea will win it, FACT. which is the same three teams that have won the premiership since it began, with the exception of blackburn in 96.

yes its been the most strange season since the premiership began, anyone, can genuinely, beat anyone else, over 90 minutes, but over the full 38 games, the table will look pretty much as you would expect.
Old 28-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Lee1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Don't forget the Berbatov basher's lol
Old 28-11-2010, 02:51 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Spurs fir the title
Old 28-11-2010, 03:27 PM
dangerousbrian
Advanced PassionFord User

excellent season up to now, especially as sunderland have performed so well too..well apart from the mags.ive got a wager on spurs to win the league, although i dont think they will, just the odds were decent..man u realistically i reckon
Old 28-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Roosie
500bhp Cosworth in making

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

its all about the Champioship and thats as good as won
Old 28-11-2010, 06:13 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

This is what happens when Hansen, Linekar, Shearer and the papers etc have a wank fest about early form, the public start shouting what they say.

I kept saying on here it was early days but not many would listen, one muppet, mentioning no names, even said "Chelsea are storming the league again", when they didn't even storm it last season, 1 point in it. Don't know who will win the league but I do know that United played some ridiculously good football yesterday, lovely passing and moves. Berba and Nani were mental. Only team unbeaten in all leagues.

See Liverpool lost again, better pick up their game for the trip to Old Trafford for the 3rd round!!!!
Old 28-11-2010, 06:15 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dangerousbrian
excellent season up to now, especially as sunderland have performed so well too..well apart from the mags.ive got a wager on spurs to win the league, although i dont think they will, just the odds were decent..man u realistically i reckon

What you reckon to Welbeck mate? Reckon I'm biased but seems most games he's causing trouble even if he doesn't score. Reckon half the PL is full of United/ex United kids.
Old 28-11-2010, 06:56 PM
GAZ W
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Roosie
And forest will be going up with you
Old 28-11-2010, 07:14 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by skeg
This is what happens when Hansen, Linekar, Shearer and the papers etc have a wank fest about early form, the public start shouting what they say.

I kept saying on here it was early days but not many would listen, one muppet, mentioning no names, even said "Chelsea are storming the league again", when they didn't even storm it last season, 1 point in it. Don't know who will win the league but I do know that United played some ridiculously good football yesterday, lovely passing and moves. Berba and Nani were mental. Only team unbeaten in all leagues.

See Liverpool lost again, better pick up their game for the trip to Old Trafford for the 3rd round!!!!
Apart from QPR?
Old 28-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Roosie

Originally Posted by GAZ W

Not sure i think Norwich will come good and there my worst enemy
Old 28-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Roosie

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
Apart from QPR?

BEAT ME TO IT!
Old 28-11-2010, 07:33 PM
dangerousbrian
Advanced PassionFord User

What you reckon to Welbeck mate? Reckon I'm biased but seems most games he's causing trouble even if he doesn't score. Reckon half the PL is full of United/ex United kids.
hes showing now what a talent he will/can be..think the first bit of the season was just about nerves and possibly experience..since he got that first goal his confidence has grown and will cause a few headaches for some defenders..i was impressed with him against chelsea, not far short of running rings round them..only problem now though is his value has gone through the roof which will probably put him out of our reach even if man u want to sell him
Old 28-11-2010, 07:45 PM
dojj

what a reslut in the spurs game, skirtel 2 Tottenham won
Old 29-11-2010, 03:25 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dojj
what a reslut in the spurs game, skirtel 2 Tottenham won

And I remember Bud-Weis saying Skirtel is the new Nemanja Vidic!!!!!
Old 29-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm quite impressed by Bolton this year. They are having a pretty good season.

I'm glad to see the prem getting mixed up a bit though. Makes it a bit more interesting as what use to be a certain win no longer exsists.

Arsenals season is a bit odd this year. We're doing great away, but really poor at the emirates?!?!
Old 29-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by Fiddy
you can. either arsenal, united, or chelsea will win it, FACT. which is the same three teams that have won the premiership since it began, with the exception of blackburn in 96.
Old 29-11-2010, 04:46 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Believe it or not Tottenham probably have the best squad in the league!! Maybe not the best starting 11, but look at the expierence Harry can call on when things werent goin to well!!

Top 3 will be Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd, with Utd and Chelsea pulling away around March/April time purely because they know how to win the Premier League!!

I dunno who will win it, Chelsea were walking it, but injuries to 3 massive players has put a spanner in the works!! Soon as they are back Chelsea will be back to there old selves!!

There next four games are Everton, Spurs, Utd then Arsenal!! Could pretty much decide there season!!
Old 29-11-2010, 05:58 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by squizxr
Chelsea were walking it, but injuries to 3 massive players has put a spanner in the works!!
First 8 games Chelsea won 6, 2 goals against and 23 for.
Utd drew 5 of their first 8 and well behind on goal difference.

7 games later, Utd in front by 2 pts and the goal difference is equal.
Arsenal have also closed that initial gap. Gonna be close again this year if it continues like this. Some shock results already!
Old 29-11-2010, 06:28 PM
dojj

to be fair, chelski did play the really shite teams for most of their opening fixtures, so they were bound to run away with the points and goals
Old 29-11-2010, 06:47 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe so but a good start usually helps players settle and keep some form going.
Old 29-11-2010, 07:02 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by GAZ W
Nah,superswans all the way!!!hopefully automatically because I don't fancy our chances in the playoffs.

Tbh,only our third season up here and were one of the worst payers in the division so to even get a playoff spot would be amazing.

Have to say I for one thought chelski would fly it this season but I'm gladly being proved wrong as an arsenal fan!!!!
Old 30-11-2010, 11:00 PM
wrckankkunen
BANNED
BANNED

I have to admit, you are a genuine united fan Skeg. The fact that you know nothing about football just confirms that to me tbh. 'Only team unbeaten in all leagues'

But I suppose Liverpool had better pick up their game for the January FA Cup tie with united. You are doing really well in the domestic cup's so far this season.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Smiggy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Roosie
Really hope QPR can keep this going. My Grandad ran away from home to go to America when he was 14 and settled in Shepherds Bush!! got married and had my mum. She came up to see her Scottish family when she was in her 20's and never went back down.

They will always be my English team, will need to see if I can get down there this season. I haven't been for years. What's chances of getting tickets?

As for the premiership - I'm sitting on the fence. Can't see where it's going this year. I think the team who can string a few results together and get a run going come Feb/March will take it. Too much inconsistency this season, not a bad thing at all for the impartial, but a right cunt for the gambler
Old 01-12-2010, 08:48 AM
s2turbsZVH
Will it ever end !!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=GAZ W;5210055]And forest will be going up with you[/QUOTE

Very, very, very, very unlikley tbh

I watched the tricky trees play Leicester the other night and Forest were awful.

So so negative - it was like watching 11 x David Batty - the only way is back seems to be the philosophy.

If it wasnt for Lee (thou shall not pass) Camp you would have been absolutely battered and that is worrying surely.

I am a Spurs fan and go regularly and the gulf between the Prem and the Champ is so huge based on what I saw there its unlikely that Champ teams will ever been on that level without huge billionaire level investment.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:31 PM
dojj

Free bump for the arsenal fans