General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Have some respect you bell-e*d

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 05:14 PM
twoblacklines
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by left hooker
this carry's on on street stylers forum

http://street-stylers.co.uk/forum/sh...ad.php?t=39462
I still havent recieved an address. Just a load of attention seeking methinks.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:07 PM
twoblacklines
Advanced PassionFord User

Still waiting...
Old 08-01-2011, 01:07 PM
michmash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only just come accross this thread.

My son has cerebral palsy and he has a blue badge, when we have toby with us we use the badge. When i am on my own, or the wife for that matter and toby is not with us then we park just like everybody else.

The reason we use the badge is because he has wheelchairs etc etc and it is so much easier, larger space so that nobody parks so close so that you cannot get him in/out fo the car.

It does annoy me, makes my blood boil when people who clearly cannot be arsed to walk and do not have a need for the space use it but this will never change.

I just walk away most of the time as its not worth the hassle/ confrontation
Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 PM
david 100
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wifes friend has a blue badge and when she uses a disabled parking bay she has had people complain becuse she walks ok, what they dont know is she has major lung problem due to kemo when she has cancer and walking in a face wind can render us out of breath
Old 08-01-2011, 02:52 PM
stebbo748
PassionFord Regular

I got grief for parking in a disabled bay as I was getting out of my 3 door Cossie one day, the knob who was still gobbing off at me (as I put my blue badge in the window) got such a shock when I rolled up my tracksuit, took my prosthetic leg off, through it at him and asked him politely (well almost!!!) if that was disabled enough for him !!!! The poor fucker nearly fainted and must have wanted to crawl into the nearest hole. After putting my leg back on I stalked him round Tesco's until my wife gave me a bollocking and told me to calm down. That will teach him to gob off at a limbless (STILL SERVING) soldier. Rant Over.

Regards Stebbo
Old 08-01-2011, 03:30 PM
david 100
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a blue badge becuse i have degenerative disc disease in my lower back and i too have a 3 door cosworth, i have parked in a disabled parking bay in my cosworth and the feeling i get is people are saying what is a disabled person doing driving a cosworth, they think we should be driving a nissen micra with hand controls.

I drive a 520bhp Volvo FH16 for a living, just kills me to walk on a bad day.

I must add when i go shopping in my Range Rover daily and i am having a good day i park in the normal parking bays

Last edited by david 100; 08-01-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Andy Tucker
Welsh And Proud

Originally Posted by stebbo748
I got grief for parking in a disabled bay as I was getting out of my 3 door Cossie one day, the knob who was still gobbing off at me (as I put my blue badge in the window) got such a shock when I rolled up my tracksuit, took my prosthetic leg off, through it at him and asked him politely (well almost!!!) if that was disabled enough for him !!!! The poor fucker nearly fainted and must have wanted to crawl into the nearest hole. After putting my leg back on I stalked him round Tesco's until my wife gave me a bollocking and told me to calm down. That will teach him to gob off at a limbless (STILL SERVING) soldier. Rant Over.

Regards Stebbo
Old 08-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Mark_
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I had a similar thing where I live,
my street is a normal residential road however we as residents have to pay upto Ł215 a year for a permit.
I got home after a long journey from the west country to find my road very busy and i found it hard to park my car.
there was a 4x4 parked where i usualy park with a diasbled badge on the dash.
any how we live next to a park and a couple with 2 dogs and a pram walked up my road and got in the car.
I explained that they shouldnt be parking here as its permits holders only.
The couple explained they can park anywhere as they have a blue badge.
I looked at the badhe and the photo wasnt of either of them but an elderly person
niether of them seemed disabled, they had both walked round the park and back to the car un aided and so on.
whilst im having a chat the lady picks the buggy up and puts it in the boot.
I aked the guy who was disabled as you were both capable of walking and his wife was able to pick up the buggy to which he replied 'you dont need to have a leg missing to be disabled'

i told him that ive got his reg and if i see his car parked on my road again i will be reporting them to the council and the police for fraudulently using a blue badge.

that boils my piss............

these things are given out to help people who need them not for arse holes to use as a free parking space
Old 08-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Regards Stebbo
bet he wanted the ground to open up for him

cant express in words how much respect/pride i have for the soldiers etc that keep our way of life past and present

just makes me even more annoyed at the little scrote outside the coop that afternoon when he was taking up a space thats meant for others
Old 08-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Mark_
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Regards Stebbo

I got a shock that time we camped over at the BBQ and you stayed in one room of our tent,
when i went to bed your leg was stood up in the main part of the tent.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:01 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

mother and child spaces are a god send with u have toddlers
Old 08-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

Regards Stebbo
LOL nice 1

To be honest, I dont get what the arguement is. Disabled people should be allowed to park nearer the shop. Parent and child spaces should be up to the shops whether or not they bother to have them. Everone should pay for parking.

The end
Old 08-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by michmash
It does annoy me, makes my blood boil when people who clearly cannot be arsed to walk and do not have a need for the space use it but this will never change.
It will change. We are in an era where revenue earning for councils and parking companies is a priority and where now they can issue tickets on CCTV footage etc then expect the councils to get more militant on disabled space abusers. Same goes for misuse of disabled badges - just because you drive your disabled gran around doesnt give you the right to use a disabled space all the time, even if you are picking up her pescription, only when she is in the vehicle can you use it.

i personally think the badges need to be changed so that the picture is on the front so parking wardens can easily see if the person in the vehicle is the badge holder.

I also think the fines for parking in disabled spaces need to be increased to a amount that actually hurts people. I used to know too many people who would park in such spaces safe in the knowledge that they would likely only get caught a couple times a year and the cost of the ticket is more than offset by the money saved by not paying for parking in a proper car park.

That will teach him to gob off at a limbless (STILL SERVING) soldier.
Regards Stebbo
genuine question, these days what are they getting limbless soldiers doing in the service? mostly UK based desk/training work or are the prosthetics getting good enough to mean you can compete on equal terms with able bodied soldiers??? when i left 2 years ago it was pretty much a case of they would not let you stay unless you could have a full career and promotion etc as it was deemed "unfair" to keep you on in a desk job with limited prospects. Has the media forced them to reverse that and give you the option??
Old 08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Regards Stebbo

stebbo dude hope all is well matey
Old 08-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When I had my broken ankle last year and using crutches, how humbled was I by the guy in front with a metal lug hauling the biggest trunk you ever saw up to the check-in desk?

I was almost too embarrassed to ask for the help I needed to get on board the plane.

It was disappointing that we don't have any temporary disabled badges in this country - Jamaica and the USA provide them to people discharged from hospital on crutches or in a wheelchair and they are valid for up to 3 months. Other places, including Australia do so too, but not good old blighty.

I'm first to acknowledge that my temporary problem wasn't as serious as that endured by many disabled people all their lives but, for that period of time, I was every bit as disabled as them and was left entirely dependent on friends and family to take me anywhere, get shopping, etc, yet people who didn't have mobility issues, but other disabilities, get them full time.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:46 PM
stuboy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

ive used my car to block a space some spineless scrote was trying to steal it from a yummy mummy...............
Old 08-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

good point on temporary badges iain.

But britain is behind the real first world countries and has been for decades
Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Mark_
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mechanic28

Dougie boy, how you doing fella.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:38 PM
carlfiesta999
BANNED
BANNED

My grandad used my nans blue badge for about 3 years after she died :blub: silly old teabag! yeh winds me up too, ive got bad knees but not registered disabled if im having a bad day sometimes i park in the mother n baby spaces but only if theres like 10 - 15 empty ones id never dream of parking in the last one or if there was only 2 or 3
Old 12-01-2011, 08:47 AM
stebbo748
PassionFord Regular

genuine question, these days what are they getting limbless soldiers doing in the service? mostly UK based desk/training work or are the prosthetics getting good enough to mean you can compete on equal terms with able bodied soldiers??? when i left 2 years ago it was pretty much a case of they would not let you stay unless you could have a full career and promotion etc as it was deemed "unfair" to keep you on in a desk job with limited prospects. Has the media forced them to reverse that and give you the option??[/quote]

I'm in the last 8 months of 24 years so I'm skipping under the radar a bit !!! They have become a lot more strick with everyone who is not FE, there is a new system called RECU (Reasonable Employment in Current Unit) if your boss says he can employ you happy days, if not they can offer you another job in any other cap badge but if you don't take they can discharge you.

Regards Stebbo
Old 12-01-2011, 08:49 AM
stebbo748
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by mechanic28

I'm good thanks Doug...long time no speak. Hope you are well mate.

Regards Stebbo