General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

paypal advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 20-11-2010, 04:52 PM
D-Sport
BANNED

BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paypal advice needed

hi
i need some advice re paypal and the questions ivebeen asked to answer

i opened a paypal account ages ago but never linked a bank account to it for somereason,mainly as i hadnt a clue what i was at.

i sold a gearbox on ebay and the guy paid through this paypal account, afterhepaid halfof the money circa 3200 euro paypal limited the account because they wanted to see my driving licence and utility bill, these were sent and it took nearly 2 weeks to resolve, the buyer was getting seriously pissed off at this stage, then once this wassorted they asked me to link a bank account to the paypal account which took another week to resolve, this finally resolved itself after many emails and calls to paypal and i have transferred the money out of paypal and into my new bank account, this has cleared in mybank account but still sits there, i was readyto ship the gearbox to the buyer when paypal have once again limited myaccount because they want more info.

(1) what was the money for
(2) what other transactions did i have with the buyer
(3) has he sent me any other monies
(4) have i sent him any other monies
(5) did we correspond via emailand what is the content of these emails

we sent emails to each other, he asking me what was goingon and i telling him what was going on with all the hassle from paypal and how i was tryingto resolve it

question 1, what are paypal up to

question 2, can paypal go back into my bank account and take monies from my own personal bank account??

im being cautiousnot to send the box until im happy the money recieved for it is safe

any paypal experts out there?????
Old 20-11-2010, 05:02 PM
ajc.78
st70 build underway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't claim to be an expert by any means but I believe that paypal have a limit as to how much money you can receive without your account being verified ie identity checked. This is meant to be part of their anti-fraud policy. I believe paypal can hold money ie not let you transfer it out but I cannot see why or how they could interfere with money that has gone into your bank account.

It is possible to ring them up and I have found this usually produces better results than trying to email them

al
Old 20-11-2010, 05:14 PM
D-Sport
BANNED

BANNED

Originally Posted by ajc.78
I don't claim to be an expert by any means but I believe that paypal have a limit as to how much money you can receive without your account being verified ie identity checked. This is meant to be part of their anti-fraud policy. I believe paypal can hold money ie not let you transfer it out but I cannot see why or how they could interfere with money that has gone into your bank account.

It is possible to ring them up and I have found this usually produces better results than trying to email them

al

hi, thanks for that info but ive already provided thosedetails as in identification and address proff but now they want more, despite i having taken the money out of paypal
Old 20-11-2010, 05:22 PM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

Hi, right as above, its all to do with money laundering-you need to be verified -they can take money out from your bank by way of your bankers card!!(you must give details of the card to get a paypal account)
dont be tempted to cancel your card when everything is set up cos they check up everynow and then to see if your cards active or not and if they see you canceled it they will suspend you bloody account.they also use your account for chargebacks aswell-
eg someone buys an item-60 days down the line they can do a charge back and if you havnt got any money in your paypal account !- yes youve guessed it,, it will come out of your bank!__ bastarsds!!!! They can put you straight into the overdraft position
go to i hate e bay.com very explicit shit from ex customers of e bay and paypal-

Last edited by rubinsbin; 20-11-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 20-11-2010, 05:25 PM
mk2rstaff
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if you have the money then i dont see why there is a problem mate, did you do the send a pound thing too verify your bank details if so then i believe that is enough, sounds like you getting stiffed mate as above call them dude be easier
Old 20-11-2010, 05:33 PM
D-Sport
BANNED

BANNED

Originally Posted by rubinsbin
Hi, right as above, its all to do with money laundering-you need to be verified -they can take money out from your bank by way of your bankers card!!(you must give details of the card to get a paypal account)
dont be tempted to cancel your card when everything is set up cos they check up everynow and then to see if your cards active or not and if they see you canceled it they will suspend you bloody account.they also use your account for chargebacks aswell-
eg someone buys an item-60 days down the line they can do a charge back and if you havnt got any money in your paypal account !- yes youve guessed it,, it will come out of your bank!__ bastarsds!!!! They can put you straight into the overdraft position
go to i hate e bay.com very explicit shit from ex customers of e bay and paypal-

i dont use any bank card, imnot sure what that it, i linked a brand new bank account and have taken the money out of this and into another account with the same bank, surely they cant go into my old bank account thats not linked to the paypal account, i dont have an overdraught related to the account linked to the paypal account, its just a standard account with no overdraught facility