General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

shed on pistonheads

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 05:18 PM
cossie362
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hand painted wheels, fresh underseal one reciept for some piston rings does not equate to an engine rebuild, warm engine after a 150 mile trip up to you cheers for that could of used your mrs car to let me hear a cold start, lumpy arches good luck with your sale mate car is not as described i didnt even bother goin out in the thing. Be more honest and you might sell it.

Last edited by cossie362; 12-10-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by myworld360
..... Also like i said any1 want look for themselves feel free, & LOL at the solicitor point all you want guys you won't be the 1 receiving the letter!!
It's defamation of character .... what did you say cossie362 by the looks of me & how i talk i look like an illiterate _______??
For me this is a mute point to be dealt with by 3rd party
You really have made yourself look a right bell end with the above

If the works been done to the car then prove it, if not don't claim it's been done. Why has the PH been pulled as well?
Old 12-10-2010, 05:24 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

..... Also like i said any1 want look for themselves feel free, & LOL at the solicitor point all you want guys you won't be the 1 receiving the letter!!
It's defamation of character .... what did you say cossie362 by the looks of me & how i talk i look like an illiterate _______??
behave with your pathetic scare tactics; answer the question i have posted please.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:36 PM
myworld360
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
can you confirm that the car has not been undersealed in the last few weeks? and secondly can you confirm what was replaced in the rebuild (engine) and do you have recepits? lastly, who built the engine?
Hi, yes i can confirm that the car has not been undersealed, & as per my listing i have been honest the engine was rebuilt by my cousin as he owned the car prior to myself taking ownership & he is a mechanic at a local garage. Again as stated in my advert.

Cossie362 did you look at the same car??? oh & what about the emails i received from the other ebay users??

What can i say, this seems to be going round in circles & i am not going to enter into a slanging match. I believe i have answered all points raised & lumpy arches???? Really not the same car.
Like i have stated numerous times if anyone is local please please come view for yourself, perhaps you can point out cossie362's problem??
Old 12-10-2010, 05:42 PM
myworld360
Virgin

Originally Posted by Nath
You really have made yourself look a right bell end with the above

If the works been done to the car then prove it, if not don't claim it's been done. Why has the PH been pulled as well?
Can prove - huge folder every single mot, receipt etc etc, cossie362 didn't look at the folder so wouldn't know this!!!!
Pulled PH because it leaves me open to nasty remarks on threads like this one. Enough said i believe
Old 12-10-2010, 07:08 PM
lozzza123
Virgin

Ohhhhh, just found this post on here & i have been bidding on this car - so far the winning bidder @ Ł4200 (although reserve not met..)
From.the write up & pics car seems like a good one, slightly concerned now though........
I live local to sellers area think i'll ring him & take my other half to go & have a look??????????
A girl in a cossie!!! I at least want a good one!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:24 PM
cossie362
PassionFord Regular

you will be best off viewing the car and making you own mind up before buying
on ebay if your not too far away.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:26 PM
lozzza123
Virgin

Thought i'd let you know my fiance rang the owner we are going to look at the car tomorrow, he has asked the bloke if the car will be cold - he said he'd get a lift work so that it's not used tomorrow. Won't take long as lucky for me i haven't got far travel. Ł5.5k to end auction he says, if car matches advert then pretty well priced. Watch this space & i will keep you posted.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:47 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

My solicitor advises an independant inspection to support claims for slander.
Like i said if anyone is local please come & look at the car see for yourself then i won't have to defend myself against slanderous remarks.
I'd get yourself a new solicitor mate, it's libel, not slander. Libel is written, slander is spoken.

Last edited by DanW@FastFord; 12-10-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:07 PM
ShiftyOldScoob
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Interested to see the outcome of this
Old 12-10-2010, 09:30 PM
RS2000 Jay
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

would be intrested to see the outcome, ive viewed lots of cars its pot luck one mans mint is anothers shit condition

its just the way it goes
Old 12-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Eigdoog
ą§~Quadzackular~§ą

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

*** PLEASE NO MORE TIME WASTERS, ALREADY HAD 1 VIEW THE CAR WHO DIDN'T KNOW HIS A**E FROM HIS ELBOW ***

*** THIS IS AN HONEST EXAMPLE OF A COSWORTH & I DO URGE PEOPLE TO VIEW THIS FOR THEMSELVES, OPPOSED TO TAKING ME AT MY WORD BEFORE BIDDING ***

Was that you
Old 13-10-2010, 04:42 PM
cossie362
PassionFord Regular

yeah guess thats aimed at me lol
i know a bit because i still have 6k in my pocket.
would like to know what all the black gunk was under the car if it wasnt fresh underseal
any ideas?
Old 13-10-2010, 04:57 PM
furqall

probably oil from the rebuilt engine lmao
Old 13-10-2010, 05:00 PM
littleknocks
PassionFord Regular

Moot point you clown.

And your solicitor is a dumb fucker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

libel is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual
If you don't understand that, please press ctrl+w for more help topics
Old 13-10-2010, 05:01 PM
turbochild
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PMSL at this joker a solicitor would tell you your pissing in the wind trying to take someone to court for that and it would cost you more than the car is worth i know having tried to take the ex for making numerous faulse accusations to social services about me

Last edited by turbochild; 13-10-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 13-10-2010, 05:29 PM
lozzza123
Virgin

Hello all, have been look at this car about an hour ago with my fiance. Car was cold as promised and started fine, my fiance (who incidentally does know his stuff) says bodywork is fine. One small scratch on the passenger back door to paint work. No rust arches are good, interior good all elec working the gauges have even been wired up & working now (the ad states installed but not wired up).
On the subject of the underneath of the car my other half asked if it could be jacked up so we could look underneath (obviously from previous posts i was concerned about this). Anyway the bloke said if we take it for a test drive there is a garage up the road where he knows someone and he can have it put on ramps for me to look. I looked at the paper work 1st and the bloke showed me a receipt for a while ago where the underneath of the car had been wax oiled to prevent weathering.
Anyway took the test drive car drove well, looked underneath at the garage and this confirmed that the car had in fact only been wax oiled.
The bloke did say his reserve was slightly below his buy now of Ł5.5k, so i am sorry if this disappoints a few people but i will defo be placing a bid with a view to win auction.
When spending large amounts of money like this it is easy for some to forget that this is still a 20 year old car, for it's age it is in good condition, reasonably priced & in my opinion was as described.
Old 13-10-2010, 05:32 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by lozzza123
Hello all, have been look at this car about an hour ago with my fiance. Car was cold as promised and started fine, my fiance (who incidentally does know his stuff) says bodywork is fine. One small scratch on the passenger back door to paint work. No rust arches are good, interior good all elec working the gauges have even been wired up & working now (the ad states installed but not wired up).
On the subject of the underneath of the car my other half asked if it could be jacked up so we could look underneath (obviously from previous posts i was concerned about this). Anyway the bloke said if we take it for a test drive there is a garage up the road where he knows someone and he can have it put on ramps for me to look. I looked at the paper work 1st and the bloke showed me a receipt for a while ago where the underneath of the car had been wax oiled to prevent weathering.
Anyway took the test drive car drove well, looked underneath at the garage and this confirmed that the car had in fact only been wax oiled.
The bloke did say his reserve was slightly below his buy now of Ł5.5k, so i am sorry if this disappoints a few people but i will defo be placing a bid with a view to win auction.
When spending large amounts of money like this it is easy for some to forget that this is still a 20 year old car, for it's age it is in good condition, reasonably priced & in my opinion was as described.
i do find it a massive coincidence that you "found " this post and you are stating the car is complete opposite to what someone else found.

how exactly did you come across this post?
Old 13-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

And why not fuckign buy it there and then if it's so good?
Old 13-10-2010, 05:47 PM
cossie362
PassionFord Regular

if the car is as good as you state, why mess about bidding on it on ebay
im sure he would rather sell outside of ebay due to charges ect
seems strange how you both signed up last nite aswell.
i had 6k in my back pocket and would of had the car there and then if all was okay
Old 13-10-2010, 05:47 PM
JK99

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All 3 of these choads have pretty similar user names too. Seems pretty fishy to me.

Strange way to get round the Gold Membership fees on here!
Old 13-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Roosie
500bhp Cosworth in making

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

look how both posters put multiple explenation marks or question marks

Ohhhhh, just found this post on here & i have been bidding on this car - so far the winning bidder @ Ł4200 (although reserve not met..)
From.the write up & pics car seems like a good one, slightly concerned now though........
I live local to sellers area think i'll ring him & take my other half to go & have a look??????????
A girl in a cossie!!! I at least want a good one!!!
Hi, yes i can confirm that the car has not been undersealed, & as per my listing i have been honest the engine was rebuilt by my cousin as he owned the car prior to myself taking ownership & he is a mechanic at a local garage. Again as stated in my advert.

Cossie362 did you look at the same car??? oh & what about the emails i received from the other ebay users??

What can i say, this seems to be going round in circles & i am not going to enter into a slanging match. I believe i have answered all points raised & lumpy arches???? Really not the same car.
Like i have stated numerous times if anyone is local please please come view for yourself, perhaps you can point out cossie362's problem??
Can prove - huge folder every single mot, receipt etc etc, cossie362 didn't look at the folder so wouldn't know this!!!!
Pulled PH because it leaves me open to nasty remarks on threads like this one. Enough said i believe
Old 13-10-2010, 05:58 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

IP check anyone?; bet they are the same or in similar areas!
Old 13-10-2010, 05:59 PM
lozzza123
Virgin

Found on google researching before purchase, fair do's to you all everyone is entitled to their opinion, i just gave my account of my opinion.
in response to others even if it is Ł50 cheaper it is Ł50 in my pocket another reason why i am looking to buy this time of year the cars sell a lot cheaper than they would do in spring time.
Old 13-10-2010, 06:01 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Found on google researching before purchase, fair do's to you all everyone is entitled to their opinion, i just gave my account of my opinion.
in response to others even if it is Ł50 cheaper it is Ł50 in my pocket another reason why i am looking to buy this time of year the cars sell a lot cheaper than they would do in spring time.
what did you type into google to find this post?
Old 13-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Roosie
500bhp Cosworth in making

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

he must of typed in "SHEDS FOR SALE" lol you wanted one you got one lol
Old 13-10-2010, 06:02 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Would it be that hard to post some pictures of the parts of the car in question? Really?

Same person above I swear.
Old 13-10-2010, 06:03 PM
djmillsy
Fife Radge

Originally Posted by Roosie
look how both posters put multiple explenation marks or question marks
The passionford detectives strike again. as said if it was so good why didnt they buy it
Old 13-10-2010, 06:07 PM
lozzza123
Virgin

ford cosworth 2nd or 3rd page in is a link for passion ford but was for a rs, so went to home page on here to look through lists.
All i gave was my opinion you are entitled to yours but i am fairly comfortable with my decision.
Old 13-10-2010, 06:12 PM
djmillsy
Fife Radge

ford cosworth 2nd or 3rd page in is a link for passion ford but was for a rs, so went to home page on here to look through lists.
All i gave was my opinion you are entitled to yours but i am fairly comfortable with my decision.
Then why didnt you buy it there and then?
Old 13-10-2010, 06:16 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lozza, are you still winning the auction?
Old 13-10-2010, 06:41 PM
lozzza123
Virgin

I previously said however much cheaper is that bit extra in my pocket. Where I like my money.
I do get yours points but just putting mine out there.
Old 13-10-2010, 06:44 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Am I invisible? LOL
Old 13-10-2010, 06:53 PM
djmillsy
Fife Radge

Originally Posted by St3V3_C
Am I invisible? LOL
who said that?
Old 13-10-2010, 06:56 PM
lozzza123
Virgin

Sorry having problems with my computer didn't see your post until after my last comment loaded. I'm not right now but still a while left. I must say some of the comments aimed at me seem slightly unfair, but that's the way its going to be I suppose
Old 13-10-2010, 06:58 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I don't know either the seller or buyer personally but in fairness to offer someone the chance to come locally and inspect the car does make him sound genuine IMHO.

Not doubting the ops opinion on the car,but did you request that the car WASN'T started before you arrived so a cold start could be viewed?I have to say I wouldn't leave the car on the drive all day if I needed to use it,didn't think cossies suffered from cold start probs but if you requested that then you should be entitled to it.

Hope the girl who posted on here is genuine and buys it if it's shat she wants.

Be nice to see some more pics on here.
Old 13-10-2010, 07:22 PM
lozzza123
Virgin

Thanks Vaughan. Will say when i went his house street parking was a nightmare in tiny street so perhaps didn't have a choice but to use the drive.
All Fords especially old Fords have 'unique characters'! But you have got to love them, for me no one can make a car to compete with Fords. One day i will own a mk1 focus rs although when i get this car i will be keeping it!
Old 13-10-2010, 07:25 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thanks Vaughan. Will say when i went his house street parking was a nightmare in tiny street so perhaps didn't have a choice but to use the drive.
All Fords especially old Fords have 'unique characters'! But you have got to love them, for me no one can make a car to compete with Fords. One day i will own a mk1 focus rs although when i get this car i will be keeping it!

Great stuff,mines the same colour as the one your looking at,looks amazing when all polished up.don't see the appeal in the mk1 frs myself but each to their own!!

Hope you get the car you want and enjoy it.
Old 13-10-2010, 07:31 PM
lozzza123
Virgin

Originally Posted by vaughant
Great stuff,mines the same colour as the one your looking at,looks amazing when all polished up.don't see the appeal in the mk1 frs myself but each to their own!!

Hope you get the car you want and enjoy it.
Thanks, if i win i'll set the other half on polishing it! Will keep him good for an hour or 2.
Old 13-10-2010, 07:34 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thanks, if i win i'll set the other half on polishing it! Will keep him good for an hour or 2.
He sounds a top man,or under the thumb like me,lol!!!

Quick Reply: shed on pistonheads