General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone know about TVs?

Search this Thread

Old 13-08-2010, 06:54 PM
klumpy
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know about TVs?

This is driving me nutts.

Every so often when I press the number 3 or 5 button on the remote it goes to Analog 3 or 5 instead of Digital 3 or 5.

I've rescanned, got the aerial moved outside and its still doing it.

Its a Samsung 23 inch LCD. Its only a few months old so will probably take it back unless i'm doing something stupid.
Old 13-08-2010, 07:32 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

weird, i know LG's do that and it does my nut in (im an aerial rigger) i would suggest goin into the ATV meuu and deleting them or rescan just the digitals and stop it on analogues

no issue then
when i put sky round the house via aerial sometimes (on little sony's mostly) the sky channel will bleed over into the next 2 either side, i just delete them and alls good, if you dont need ATV fook it off
Old 13-08-2010, 08:53 PM
cjwood555
Advanced PassionFord User

What model is it? Most of the Samsungs operate in either DTV or TV mode and have a button to swap between. Another way around it would be to retune but tell it to ONLY scan for digital.

HTH
Chris
Old 13-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Rob_DOHC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Our samsung will switch between digital and analog if you press the same button twice. So if you are on channel 3 digital and press channel 3 again it will switch....

Rob,
Old 13-08-2010, 10:17 PM
klumpy
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Unhappy

cheers for the replies

Originally Posted by 1.9 xr2 on 40's
weird, i know LG's do that and it does my nut in (im an aerial rigger) i would suggest goin into the ATV meuu and deleting them or rescan just the digitals and stop it on analogues

no issue then
when i put sky round the house via aerial sometimes (on little sony's mostly) the sky channel will bleed over into the next 2 either side, i just delete them and alls good, if you dont need ATV fook it off
It was like that originally and would just go to a blank screen and say weak or no signal. So I rescanned the analago channels so it would at least show something.

Originally Posted by Rob_DOHC
Our samsung will switch between digital and analog if you press the same button twice. So if you are on channel 3 digital and press channel 3 again it will switch....

Rob,
I thought it might be that but it still does it when you use the program up and down buttons