General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mondeo ST tdci Problem - Any ideas ?

Search this Thread

Old 13-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo ST tdci Problem - Any ideas ?

Hi guys, had my Mondeo ST few month now and no probs, only mod i have was a Roveron tuning box which has been fine too. For the last 3 weeks ive had the yellow warning lamp on and intermittent loss of power(limp mode) ? Also the engine fan runs also when the cars in limp mode, and the temp guage is on zero, ie not even moved! Sometimes if i turn the car off and restart it straight away its fine for a few miles then the fault comes back.

I had the code read & it says cylinder head temp sensor, but im thinking it cant be the sensor thats broke or it would't be intermittent. Ive also disconnected the Roveron box now and it still does it intermittent. Any more ideas thanks ?
Old 13-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this wont be much help, but a freind of mine had the roveron tuning box on his 2.2 tdci titty x, it ran better, and made more on the rollers, without the roveron.
Old 13-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No mine was more torquey with it and 2mpg better off too.
Old 13-08-2010, 09:17 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

It might be an intermittant sensor deviation causing the issue and registering a code. If the error is static then the fault is currently active. If it's registered as sporadic then this could br your issue.

It sounds possible that it could be a coolant temp sensor too but I'd go with the CHT sensor first.