General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Parents

Search this Thread

Old 27-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Parents

Is it just me or is anyone else like this?

When i did not have kids, if i heard of a child dying or being abused i thought it was awfull etc, but now i have me own kids it really hits me when i hear bad stuff.

Like this morning hearing about the 4yr old who was playing hide n seek and got in the tumble dryer. Parents thought he had gone missing and police helicopters were out looking for him the lot! Found him later dead
I genuinley felt sick in my stomach driving to work when this was on radio, playing such an innocent game and died like that Poor parents how the hell do you cope with that?
Old 27-07-2010, 08:11 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure a lot of people can cope with that. A family member on her side was killed in a car accident and his parents really took it bad (he was 17 I think). Knocked them sideways. Daft as it sounds I reckon at the younger age, as in the 4 year old above, that must truly be devastating, knowing theyve not even begun to touch on what lifes got to offer.
Old 27-07-2010, 08:13 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lee,

Before i was a dad i used to take notice of the horror stories on the news. Now i am a dad sometimes i feel sick hearing the horror stories. Becoming a parent certainly changes your outlook, feelings and way of life.
Old 27-07-2010, 08:13 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

a mate said that to me years ago and about valuing your own life more for the sake of your kids.

it does deffo hurt more.
Old 27-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

My little girl is 4 in Jan and i just cant imagine what id do if something like that happened to her! Its not just the death, its knowing she would have been trapped inside suffering!
Old 27-07-2010, 08:20 PM
DazS1Turbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel exactly the same Lee and did when i heard that yesterday

Sickened me to my core (My lass is nearly 4 also)
Old 27-07-2010, 08:21 PM
rsturbo27
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

m8 so strange u put this up 2day i read the same thing i was well upset inside my head and had a really bad gut feeling had to phone my miss's up so i could speak to the boy he's 3 to try 2 cheer me up fuking paper's is just full of death and shit hits home bad when u got kids really fuking does my head in when cunts make sick jokes about kids dyeing
Old 27-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by rsturbo27
m8 so strange u put this up 2day i read the same thing i was well upset inside my head and had a really bad gut feeling had to phone my miss's up so i could speak to the boy he's 3 to try 2 cheer me up fuking paper's is just full of death and shit hits home bad when u got kids really fuking does my head in when cunts make sick jokes about kids dyeing
Yes i feel the same mate. Think the worst ive felt was watching all the shit that went off with Baby P
Old 27-07-2010, 08:31 PM
turbochild

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Truelly shocking my purpose in life would be over if anything happened to my little girl and i couldn't honestly imagine what i would do or how i would cope
Old 27-07-2010, 08:35 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

parenthood is the transitional time when you go from being JUST a somebody to BEING a somebody, and love it or hate it, you can't do what you used to do before

anyone who's seen shrek 4 will understand exactly what it's all about, my kids are everything to me and i don't know what i'd do in that sort of situation
Old 27-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Lee,

Before i was a dad i used to take notice of the horror stories on the news. Now i am a dad sometimes i feel sick hearing the horror stories. Becoming a parent certainly changes your outlook, feelings and way of life.
+1

Made me feel sick when i heard about it, makes you really stop and think

I have a 18 month old daughter and look at things in life alot different now i am dad

Brian
Old 27-07-2010, 08:38 PM
rsturbo27
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

anyway on a lighter note u lot have really gotta take ur kids 2 watch toystory 3 in 3d wot a epic epic film for there imagination truly the best film ever
Old 27-07-2010, 08:40 PM
truthordare
Omnomnomnom

It does seem to be a lot more personal when you have children of your own, even if you don't know the people involved it strikes deep in your heart when you hear of a child being hurt or killed. My daughter's 15 months old and every time I hear anything involving kids on the news I feel sick and so sad for the parents, I suppose you just have to think, there but for the grace of god go I and hope that your kids will always be okay.

Debs
Old 27-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

same for all of us when we have kids mate.

It sounds a bit gay but many times i have had to pull myself together reading the paper on the train at 7 in the morning
Old 27-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

i cant read stories in the paper now if a young kid is badly hurt/abused/killed

i have to stop,

before now i have read the metro the way to work and brought many tear to the eye, i have to stop reading and think of happy stuff
Old 27-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

when you dont have kids, you can understand as a compationate human being, that it must be horrible as a parent when something like that happens, but when you have kids, you can actually put yourself in that position and feel how it would feel if it was your own kid.
Old 27-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

how weird is that, we both wrote the same thing
Old 27-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiky
how weird is that, we both wrote the same thing
yeah i thought that myself, Do you get the metro in wales too then?
Old 27-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
yeah i thought that myself, Do you get the metro in wales too then?

yeah, free metro
Old 27-07-2010, 09:17 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Totally. My eldest is the same age as Madeleine McCann and I found the whole thing so hard to watch.

Kids utterly change your outlook of the world and your priorities.
Old 27-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Kids utterly change your outlook of the world and your priorities.

Yeah, you go from you being the most important person in your life, to the kid/s being the most important person/s in your life.
Old 27-07-2010, 09:41 PM
p.cressie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
same for all of us when we have kids mate.

It sounds a bit gay but many times i have had to pull myself together reading the paper on the train at 7 in the morning
I'm the same mate when I read things like that. Doesn't sound gay at all. I look forward to when my Mum and Dad take them out for the day, get what I need to do done. Then just seem to end up board and looking forward to them to come home again. Although I may feel a little different when Beth wakes for her bottle at 2 in the morning!
Old 27-07-2010, 10:02 PM
bbsheppo
Regular Contributor

My daughter is now nearly 3, I deliberately avoid the child abuse stories etc as it puts me in such a bad mood. The babyp thing will stick in my memory for the rest of my life, times need to change as these sick bastards don't face the justice they deserve. Put the abusers and paedos in strangeways with the rest of the inmates, what would happen to them would send out such a strong message that it would decrease overnight.
Old 28-07-2010, 02:50 AM
turbochild

Originally Posted by rsturbo27
anyway on a lighter note u lot have really gotta take ur kids 2 watch toystory 3 in 3d wot a epic epic film for there imagination truly the best film ever
i'm taking my daughter to see it she is 6 on sunday so i bought her the first 2 movies on dvd and when we've watched them i'll take her to see it can't take her sunday though as she's having a party
Old 28-07-2010, 08:50 AM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

agree with everything already said......cant imagine what parent must go through when they lose a child.
and the sick fucks who abuse their own children-i just cant begin to imagine what goes on in their heads.

toy story 3 in 3d absolutely rocks! went on monday for my daughters 6th birthday-there was more adults there than kids!!!!
Old 28-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Ciderwoman
A Bit Random

its horrible all the stories of abuse and accidents. and it always upset me before i had my daughter and now i have her its a hell of alot worse. took me ages to leave her at pre school, as the time she was going was there was a story in the paper of a pre school/nursery not too far from me about a child going to get her bag and coat and got caught up in the straps arond her neck and died. Something so innocent as that. Think i stayed at school with her for nearly a month and after that i stayed in the car park for a couple of weeks while she was there. people say i was being over protective and yes i prob was but made me feel abit easier.
Old 28-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Kieron

I think its part of becoming a parent. Totally changes you emotionally and you can feel for the innocence of a poor child when something happens.

Those sort of stories make me angry as well as sad. To the point of wanting to do something vigilante style about it when there is someone who has knowingly hurt a child.

Also I seem to get more emotionally involved in films & TV now. Oh and sick jokes aren't as funny as they once were. Being a parent really turns you soft.
Old 28-07-2010, 02:28 PM
dojj

There is/was a poster here and, to my eternal shame, I can't remember their user name, who's kid died a few days/weeks after they were born. I don't know how they coped as that would have totally destroyed me
Old 28-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds

Like this morning hearing about the 4yr old who was playing hide n seek and got in the tumble dryer. Parents thought he had gone missing and police helicopters were out looking for him the lot! Found him later dead

Reminds me of something i thought about only the other week.

Heard about some kiddies. Two or Three of them playing hide 'n seek. They hid in abandoned chest freezer. Once the door shut they couldn't get out. They were all dead when found and the fridge had claw marks where they had desparately tried to scratch their way out!

Nasty stuff.
Old 28-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Mark_
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep me too, when i hear of bad things related ti kids it makes me think about my 2 and what if it was them,

scares the shit out of me
Old 29-07-2010, 11:52 AM
dojj

And what about then French fucks who killed all 8 of their newborn kids?

Or them sick fuckos who killed that kid in Birmingham when they were supposed to be babysitting him?

If you look for the storys they are all too many out there