General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ripped of by bigboost451/r5jame5 NOW REFUNDED, big thanks to mods

Search this Thread

Old 28-07-2010, 03:46 AM
turbochild
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wirralphil
So the photobucket account is empty...

http://s31.photobucket.com/home/r5jame5/allalbums

He did have this email... r5 jame5@aol going by google it also seems he did have a hefty engine done by SCS aswell.

not much gets by you phil

good detective work
Old 28-07-2010, 03:57 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turbochild
not much gets by you phil

good detective work
lol, least am tryin . Mind you at this hour of the morning i'm about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Been having a look through the passionford groups on fb and there is no james moore on there (some james 1 in glasgow)
Old 28-07-2010, 04:01 AM
turbochild

Originally Posted by wirralphil
lol, least am tryin . Mind you at this hour of the morning i'm about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Been having a look through the passionford groups on fb and there is no james moore on there (some james 1 in glasgow)

Fair play bud, shit like this puts me off buying on forums unless i could collect in person never been ripped off yet luckily but i know i'd be proper pissed and the mods for all they try to help are pretty useless in these situations through no fault of there own even the police tend to do fuck all
Old 28-07-2010, 04:16 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Another little gander and i've found a user from the vr6owners club. Did the said lad own a Red Seat Ibiza?

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/fo...pic.php?147384

This one..

http://www.myspace.com/slimjimvw/photos/235708

Also google is coming up with some Hillclimbs from 2006 onwards in a R5gtt.

http://213.123.49.41/motorsport/wild...results-06.pdf

Maybe the 2 people above arn't the same people but you never know.
Old 28-07-2010, 06:06 AM
B13 JUS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by st3v3
mmttk is Banned

Is this james moore/ R5jame5 or what ever his name is (please exuse me ive had a few beers)
yes it is
Old 28-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Fair play bud, shit like this puts me off buying on forums unless i could collect in person never been ripped off yet luckily but i know i'd be proper pissed and the mods for all they try to help are pretty useless in these situations through no fault of there own even the police tend to do fuck all

we are doing what we can .. and yes your correct its not much but atleast we are trying ...

all we can do is reitterate the buying and selling guidelines .... and if it seems too good to be true then it sometimes is worth thinking twice .. we all like a bargain but ... i for one would never pay as a gift as i know paypal are a bunch of robbing buggers who in reality even when presented with the truth do little for the people who have used the service they supply...

if you have been caught up in this then please inform the police if there is enough evidence provided then they might be able to do something .. please do not ignore it and put it down to experience...
Old 28-07-2010, 06:07 AM
B13 JUS

i've got a email last night saying

BODY,.aolmailheader {font-size:10pt; color:black; font-family:Arial;} a.aolmailheader:link {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:visited {color:magenta; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:active {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:hover {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} hi mate ive had a problem with your brakes ive miss placed a caliper sorry about this im happy to refund you or can send you a parcial refund and send you the rest of the items let me know thanks if i dont recieve and email tonight you can ring me at work tommorrow on 0771958****

i replied with in 20 seconds of this email but no refund yet
Old 28-07-2010, 06:09 AM
B13 JUS

Originally Posted by Eagle
right .. if you have been involved in this no matter how long ago report it to the local police or here...
http://www.nafn.gov.uk/index.asp?Bod...nt=ReportFraud

the more people who report it the better the chance this person can be tracked down and then dealt with legally rather than someone taking the law into their own hands of which we do not condone...
if you feel you need to circulate this information about this user to other websites then please feel free to do so as there might be more people in your situation who have no idea they might be getting ripped off ...

we as moderators and admin on passionford will forward anylogs we have to any police investigation.. also the isp's have been contacted with all information needed to help in any investigation...
i will report him as i think he's doing it to alot of people and most will let him get away with it

edited: reported

Last edited by B13 JUS; 28-07-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 28-07-2010, 06:20 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Maybe PF should get a photocopy of a driving license or some sort of ID for all people who want to sell items.. Atleast that way Admin know where the seller is etc
Old 28-07-2010, 06:31 AM
ShiftyOldScoob
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just tried to PM him there regarding the steering wheel.....

Couldnt send him a message though, I got a prompt saying ''unable to send, this user has opted not to recieve PM's or has been banned from doing so''

Something along those lines anyway

NOT HAPPY!
Old 28-07-2010, 06:33 AM
B13 JUS

Originally Posted by R5FORD
Maybe PF should get a photocopy of a driving license or some sort of ID for all people who want to sell items.. Atleast that way Admin know where the seller is etc

that sounds like a good idea
Old 28-07-2010, 07:09 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

im full of ideas
Old 28-07-2010, 07:48 AM
turbochild

Originally Posted by Eagle
we are doing what we can .. and yes your correct its not much but atleast we are trying ...

all we can do is reitterate the buying and selling guidelines .... and if it seems too good to be true then it sometimes is worth thinking twice .. we all like a bargain but ... i for one would never pay as a gift as i know paypal are a bunch of robbing buggers who in reality even when presented with the truth do little for the people who have used the service they supply...

if you have been caught up in this then please inform the police if there is enough evidence provided then they might be able to do something .. please do not ignore it and put it down to experience...

I wasn't having a dig i just meant people can't rely on the mods cause there hands are also tied in alot of ways
Old 28-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator

I wasn't having a dig i just meant people can't rely on the mods cause there hands are also tied in alot of ways

never took it as one
Old 28-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B13 JUS

BODY,.aolmailheader {font-size:10pt; color:black; font-family:Arial;} a.aolmailheader:link {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:visited {color:magenta; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:active {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:hover {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} hi mate ive had a problem with your brakes ive miss placed a caliper sorry about this im happy to refund you or can send you a parcial refund and send you the rest of the items let me know thanks if i dont recieve and email tonight you can ring me at work tommorrow on 0771958****

Have you rung him then mate!!???
Old 28-07-2010, 10:03 AM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

great idea aaron ,it must be all that sunshine you get in aus
Old 28-07-2010, 10:05 AM
B13 JUS

Originally Posted by markyd3
Have you rung him then mate!!???
yes just tried, the number is dead and so is the email address that he's send me emails from now
Old 28-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Mark 3D

FFS well Im going to post up a response that I had from him last night in the Banned Users Forum -

on the 27th July 2010 @ 18:54 I said

I hope you intend to send the goods to the people on here that have paid for them otherwise the police will be involved

on the 28th July 2010 @ 00:38 he replied

all items that were paid for to be sent have been and most people have even collected from me so get off your high horse if i wanted to rip people off i would have sold stuff many times over if people wanna contact me direct there more than welcome to ring me
Old 28-07-2010, 10:20 AM
B13 JUS

FFS well Im going to post up a response that I had from him last night in the Banned Users Forum -

on the 27th July 2010 @ 18:54 I said

I hope you intend to send the goods to the people on here that have paid for them otherwise the police will be involved

on the 28th July 2010 @ 00:38 he replied

all items that were paid for to be sent have been and most people have even collected from me so get off your high horse if i wanted to rip people off i would have sold stuff many times over if people wanna contact me direct there more than welcome to ring me
it does'nt look like i'm getting a refund, he must be trying to get rid of all contact details so there's no trace.
Old 28-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Mark 3D

My only slight hope for you guys is that if he IS trying to con you all.... why is he bothering to reply to me in the Banned Users Appeal room and also like I said before when i asked about the Defi gauges he told me they were sold..... a decent conman would have taken my money aswell!!

All im saying is that its still early days yet...most of you only paid for items 2-3 days ago so theres still a chance.
Old 28-07-2010, 11:10 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mark,

He obviously didn't sell to you, because you're a mod!!
Old 28-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Sp3no
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Pay Pal is such a bloody con, i flat refuse to use it, i had an account once and all it caused was grief with stuff like this. If i want to buy something and the only option to pay is pay pal i go else where. Good luck getting your money back, there is a million ways to find out where people live nowdays.
Old 28-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Mark 3D

Originally Posted by James90RS
Mark,

He obviously didn't sell to you, because you're a mod!!
I did think that initially but what differnce would that make if he was going on a mass con!! as soon as he was discovered he was going to get a ban whether i was a mod or not!!
Old 28-07-2010, 11:48 AM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

I can remember he had a business too have been going through all my old emails to see if i can find the name of it, but i dont understand why all the people that bought from him didn't read his itrader score/comment first i made it blatently obvious the bloke is a fucking crook, that is what it is there for fellas

Last edited by milesy23rst; 28-07-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 28-07-2010, 12:07 PM
B13 JUS

Originally Posted by milesy
I can remember he had a business too have been going through all my old emails to see if i can find the name of it, but i dont understand why all the people that bought from him didn't read his itrader score/comment first i made it blatently obvious the bloke is a fucking crook, that is what it is there for fellas

he did'nt have a trade score as he never used the same screen name as the one you had trouble with
Old 28-07-2010, 12:35 PM
B13 JUS

well i've just reported it to the police and i'm wanting for then to call back,
it sounds hopeful as they have a section that deals with ebay scams/internet fraud etc.
Old 28-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Dan@Rapid-Ford
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by mmttk
As a policeman myself the police wont give out address We will visit the person ourselves but not give out addresses surely paypal can refund you your money that is why we all use paypal to get away from the fraudsters ..
Well was these payment sent as a gift ... seems abit stupid to me if they were theres alway going to be someone waiting to take your money i personal think paypal as a gift should be scrapped If these payments were sent as a gift in the eyes of the law your not going to have a leg to stand on sorry guys
hi mate if you decide to take it to the police and need some advice on how to go about things just give me a pm il help as much as i can good luck
Impersonating a policeman as well.
Old 28-07-2010, 12:49 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by james kiely
great idea aaron ,it must be all that sunshine you get in aus

I think it is mate

Shame the mods never took one bit of notice about it.. then they say they do all they can
Old 28-07-2010, 02:36 PM
rs-tuner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dan@Rapid-Ford
Impersonating a policeman as well.
That was my first thought only 6 posts
Old 28-07-2010, 02:40 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Im pretty sure you cant be done impersonating a copper online
Old 28-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Mark 3D

I think it is mate

Shame the mods never took one bit of notice about it.. then they say they do all they can

What have the mods go to do with how payment is made to this site!! if youre going to have a pop at us mate at least get your facts straight.
Old 28-07-2010, 03:21 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

What have the mods go to do with how payment is made to this site!! if youre going to have a pop at us mate at least get your facts straight.
If your going to reply to a "pop" atleast reply to what i suggested.. I never once mentioned payment.. I said PF should have an ID system in plaace for people who wish to sell on the site.. And you ignored what i said and knnew you would respond to my pop thus making you read my original post
Old 28-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I said PF should have an ID system in plaace for people who wish to sell on the site..

Crap idea, old hat and discussd before.

Why crap? Who the hell wants their personl details held by a fucking car forum?

I'm out!
Old 28-07-2010, 03:33 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Crap idea, old hat and discussd before.

Why crap? Who the hell wants their personl details held by a fucking car forum?

I'm out!
Welll consedering details get exchanged anyway what diffrence does it make?
Old 28-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Dan@Rapid-Ford
PassionFord Post Troll

Im pretty sure you cant be done impersonating a copper online

I don't think you can either but another thing to try get the police interested though
Old 28-07-2010, 03:36 PM
B13 JUS

I don't think you can either but another thing to try get the police interested though

i will be mentioning this when they call back
Old 28-07-2010, 03:37 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Arrow

Worth a try
Old 28-07-2010, 03:39 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Surely it's not PF, (or Paypal's) fault if someone get's ripped off?

The way I see it is that buying online from a complete stranger is risky - but buying online from a complete stranger, having no proof of their ID, and then sending the money as a gift is kinda asking for trouble.

Hope this guy is found, and made to settle his debt though. He's clearly bricking it now he knows that the police are involved. I'm sure the police will be even more interested in tracking him down when they hear he's been impersonating one of them!
Old 28-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Dan@Rapid-Ford
PassionFord Post Troll

Welll consedering details get exchanged anyway what diffrence does it make?
If somebody is on the scam do you think they would give there own/real details

The only people it would work with is the gen users not out to scam people
Old 28-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Originally Posted by B13 JUS

Ive had no email, refund or bits yet!

Quick Reply: ripped of by bigboost451/r5jame5 NOW REFUNDED, big thanks to mods