General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Essex racing.com

Search this Thread

Old 17-07-2010, 08:35 AM
booty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Essex racing.com

I'm not sure if anyone else has had dealings with Essex Racing but I feel people should be advised regarding their trading practices:

I place an order for smoked front indicator lenses on 5th July. At this time the website advertised them for sale and I obviously assumed that if they are on the web page, without advice that they're not in stock, then I would receive them soon after!

The funds were withdrawn on the 9th July but still no goods!

I called 5 times yesterday and always ended in a queue and gave up after the longest being a wait of 35 minutes.

I called again today and got through. I asked where the goods were only to be told that they are not in stock, they won't be until the 29th July and the soonest they could get them out is 30th July.

I asked why I hadn't received any correspondence regarding the delay and that it's a little off taking my money but not sending the goods for a further 3 weeks... the woman wasn't in the slightest bit bothered and just said 'oh well'. I asked for a refund only to be told my money would take 30 days before going back into my account!!

I'm not normally riled but she couldn't care less and her customer service was the lowest I've ever experienced.

My own private rant and sorry for that, But if anyone is thinking of using them.. I advise you not to bother.
Old 17-07-2010, 09:16 AM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

I bought some clear side indicator lenses for my girlfriend's fiesta on there. I bought from them as the description and picture showed some nice quality ones, not the usual cheap tat off ebay that doesn't fit properly.

And what turned up? The cheap shitty ones that I could have got off ebay for less than half the price. Sent them a few emails but they weren't interested. So that was the last time I used the wankers!
Old 17-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

always get stuff on a credit card.. easier to get your money back ..
also write a letter and send recorded delivery ....
stating you will be charging interest a (add high percentage) untill funds are received into your account... receipt of this letter is agreement to these terms... you have 5 days to refund me....
.. might make em move a bit quicker..
if it takes a month send them a bill of the interest accrued on the money whilst in their bank... court action etc etc ... never know .. always worth taking a chance with people like this...
Old 07-08-2010, 05:45 PM
booty

Update for anyone considering using this Mickey Mouse company!

I have sent 3 emails requesting conformation that order has been cancelled and info on my refund - I haven't received any in return!

I finally got an answer today, same female employee whose only reply to my frustration was 'oh well' yet again. She then advised me 'yeh your order was cancelled but you'd need to speak to our accounts dept for a refund'... not open till Monday.

I asked why she didn't advise me this at the time of the previous call to only receive an 'oh well' reply!

Just crazy when there's meant to be a recession on!

Please, I can only advise anyone on this club to steer well clear of this company.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:13 PM
rich123
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

speak to trading standerds they will tell you to right a letter stating they must give you a refund with in 10 days and if they dont trading standerd will get involved,

this is what i did
Old 07-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

There 5 mins from me , i also collect the goods they send out as im a courier . i will have a word with jen for you
Old 12-08-2010, 06:05 PM
booty

If that's the lass I've had the pleasure of speaking to, then good luck! She is lacking in people skills!!

Trending Topics

Old 27-08-2010, 02:11 PM
booty

Would you believe I'm still waiting for my refund!!! What a joke this company this.
Old 27-08-2010, 02:19 PM
cjwood555
Advanced PassionFord User

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk - might be a bit excessive given the amount at stake, but would get the point across!!
Old 27-08-2010, 02:35 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

go round and kick their ass and demand fuel costs too
Old 27-08-2010, 07:37 PM
EssexMikeSi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rich170
I bought some clear side indicator lenses for my girlfriend's fiesta on there. I bought from them as the description and picture showed some nice quality ones, not the usual cheap tat off ebay that doesn't fit properly.

And what turned up? The cheap shitty ones that I could have got off ebay for less than half the price. Sent them a few emails but they weren't interested. So that was the last time I used the wankers!
funny u should mention that mate as i bought some clear side repeaters from esp who are now rude racing. I to was expecting the good quality ones which i had bought from them in the past for previous cars. I received cheap ones that just have the stick on peel off backing. I rung them and they said they decided not to sell them anymore as had so many returned due to leaking.
Old 27-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

I know there internet has been down for 2 weeks , as ive been booking there jobs at the depot . there open tomorrow so try calling them again