General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

daughter attacked by a dog

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
Now come on Gracie, get off the fence and form an opinion!!

You know what I'm like - objective and unhinged
Old 12-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
, they are going to give the owner/dog a section 59 because, in our words not theirs, every time we've seen it it's been on a lead and the person on the other end of the lead has been in control of the dog

it's a staf cross

the rspca will be informed that there has been an "incident" so that everyone is aware

so that's it as far as we are concerned
Whats the section 59 ?? warning of some sort
Old 12-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Originally Posted by *T*
Whats the section 59 ?? warning of some sort
A public order offence which will lead to an ASBO

Personally I think Dojj should get one for all the shit he creates all the time
Old 12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Isaac.Hunt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone should ever be put down for a dog attack, it should be the owner. Dogs need to be trained to obey their owner at all times, breeds like staffys are particularly good for training as they are particularly eager to please. Though granted they aren't the best with other dogs. Same with the breeds used for police/drug dogs. The fact dogs can be trained up as guide dogs/hearing dogs/sheepdogs is evidence of the fact that they will do any old shite to please an owner. Granted a lot of them are a bit thick to be trained to do particular tasks (we had one who would go and get the newspaper...then rip it up on his way to you, duhhh! You'd have to piece it back together) but all dogs have the ability to form a pack mentality where they fall behind their owners commands of simple words like 'no' and 'leave'. For a dog to come back when the owner called it is actually evidence the dog has been fairly well trained.

Originally Posted by dojj
ain't you just come back from holiday

the coppers have just called again and, to put it into car forum speak, they are going to give the owner/dog a section 59 because, in our words not theirs, every time we've seen it it's been on a lead and the person on the other end of the lead has been in control of the dog

it's a staf cross

the rspca will be informed that there has been an "incident" so that everyone is aware

so that's it as far as we are concerned
All I can say is, if you did that to me, it would not be the cementing of a neighbourly friendship. If this is the kid's dog, and something happened to it...the kid is going to be heartbroken. All over the fact their dog didn't attack your kid?

Bear in mind if one day you want to extend/do something which requires planning/make some loud noise fixing something that those same neighbours will probably have an axe to grind and be keen to get in your way in whatever means possible. If they are really anti-social chavs they'll probably petrol bomb your house. Or was that a complete over exaggeration too?

You always talk everything up but in the end neither you, or your wife had the guts to just approach the dog owners and voice your concerns like any reasonable human being. If they were that horrendous, they wouldn't have called the dog back. For that I think you are a first class fool, for what I quoted above I don't even have words.

You know your child will probably grow up being so fearful of dogs that she is prone to being attacked too, don't you? It's the people scared of dogs who get attacked the most as the animals can smell fear and realise they are 'above' you so fight to dominate as they would if wild.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Dlatch!
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Fiddy
Sooooooo, in conclution, dog ran up to MRS Dojj and Little Miss Dojj, scared MRS Dojj and Little Miss Dojj, neighbour came down and called the dog back, then reprimanded his son for letting the dog out, fair play, end of the day, no harm done.

If i was Dojj, i would be non to happy either if a dog ran up and scared MRS Fid and Little Miss Fid, i can appreciate why Dojj was upset, i would be also. i wouldnt have phoned plod though, but i would have had a word with said neighbour, told him i wasnt happy, and to in future, try and keep the dog either in the house/garden, if not, on a lead, or muzzled, as my missus and daughter were scared, it could have ended a lot worse, and if it happened again, id be taking it further. but as we can all appreciate, sometimes, dogs are quick, get excited, and get away, they are animals, but that doesnt mean the dog intended to bite/harm anyone.

Thats my two penneth anyway.

sounds like a accurate summary of what happened and also my thoughts
Old 12-07-2010, 05:54 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

I love how Dojj can turn almost everyone into cunts in one thread. Some of the responses made me lol, killing dogs with your bare hands, U IZ WEL SIK BLUD, I WISH I WOZ AS ARD AS U.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Isaac.Hunt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Oh and could the thread title be changed to "Wife has no faith that husband will have the guts to confront someone verbally so called police as a first resort. Husband has no bottle to protect his own family from (non-existant) dog danger but will post on the internet about what happened whilst he sat back and observed."

What sort of man thinks that his wife needing to involve third parties to protect her and her child before her own husband is reasonable? The type of man who spends his life watching wrestling but avoids all communication (and I mean verbal, not physical) with other persons over disputes. I'd be worried if my partner went to the police as they weren't satisfied a simple dispute didn't even warrant giving me the opportunity to have a quick chat first.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:14 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Dojj,

What incident has occurred for the rspca to become involved and informed? A dog came out of a house and wandered up towards you wife and daughter yes?
the police have recived a complaint, apaprently it automatically goes to the rspca, it's what we've been told and that's the end of it as far as our invovlement is concerened from what the copper has led us to believe

wandered up is not quite right, someone asked what the wife was doing to push it off with her arm, was she leaning down or soemthing, no, she was standing up and the dog was jumping up at her trying to get to our daughter, be it in a playful way or not

when a dog comes running up to you all excited, you don't know if it wants to play or chew your leg so i couldn't say for sure what i would have done

Originally Posted by Benni
As far as I'm aware, if a dog is protecting your home, ie someone comes over your fence, the dog can do what it likes and not be put down.

Benni.
not that i'd doubt that benni, but running down the street from someone elses house and into your garden is a bit different

Old 12-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Orion_Gav
Regular Contributor

Fuck me,a dog attack?lol prat
Old 12-07-2010, 06:22 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Isaac.Hunt
If anyone should ever be put down for a dog attack, it should be the owner. Dogs need to be trained to obey their owner at all times, breeds like staffys are particularly good for training as they are particularly eager to please. Though granted they aren't the best with other dogs. Same with the breeds used for police/drug dogs. The fact dogs can be trained up as guide dogs/hearing dogs/sheepdogs is evidence of the fact that they will do any old shite to please an owner. Granted a lot of them are a bit thick to be trained to do particular tasks (we had one who would go and get the newspaper...then rip it up on his way to you, duhhh! You'd have to piece it back together) but all dogs have the ability to form a pack mentality where they fall behind their owners commands of simple words like 'no' and 'leave'. For a dog to come back when the owner called it is actually evidence the dog has been fairly well trained.

All I can say is, if you did that to me, it would not be the cementing of a neighbourly friendship. If this is the kid's dog, and something happened to it...the kid is going to be heartbroken. All over the fact their dog didn't attack your kid?

Bear in mind if one day you want to extend/do something which requires planning/make some loud noise fixing something that those same neighbours will probably have an axe to grind and be keen to get in your way in whatever means possible. If they are really anti-social chavs they'll probably petrol bomb your house. Or was that a complete over exaggeration too?

You always talk everything up but in the end neither you, or your wife had the guts to just approach the dog owners and voice your concerns like any reasonable human being. If they were that horrendous, they wouldn't have called the dog back. For that I think you are a first class fool, for what I quoted above I don't even have words.

You know your child will probably grow up being so fearful of dogs that she is prone to being attacked too, don't you? It's the people scared of dogs who get attacked the most as the animals can smell fear and realise they are 'above' you so fight to dominate as they would if wild.
what part of "they rent the house and it's paid for by the council" didn't you read? so planning permision has bugger all to do with anything

everyone who has got kids and dogs seems to understand the situation here, and those who don't don't

if i was at home i would have done soemthing possibly different, but i wasn't so what is she supposed to do? wait for me to get home first and then do something about it?

it's not the kids dog, and, every time we've seen it previously it's been well behanved and on a lead, so this has been a one off incident, but obviously the haters would rather be reading it in the paper that the dog had chewed my mrs and kid to bits because "then we can say put the dog down" yes?

twats