General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Focus ST170 hydraulic clutch problem, does it affect RS?

Search this Thread

Old 19-01-2005, 11:15 AM
MAD ANDY
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus ST170 hydraulic clutch problem, does it affect RS?

To give you a quick overview of whats happening, driving along as normal, in the right lane of a dual carriageway approaching a small roundabout, and a truck in the left lane. I'm not convinced the truck is gonna get round without forcing me onto the roundabout itself, so half way across I stop by clutching in and pressing the brake, put it in 1st gear, wait for the truck to pass, and lift up the clutch and press the accelerator... all I get is revs take out of gear and back in several times over and over, same thing! BMW behind is getting impatient thinking I've stalled or something, but trying again this time I accidentally in a panic shove it in reverse and I actually move back a little, put it in 1st and off I go as normal, feeling a little embarrassed, a little annoyed and totally frustrated!!!!

I can only think of the clutch being at fault, as if its not actually releasing the clutch on to the flywheel! I've since found out the clutch is hydraulic, and have found other ST170 owners who have had the same thing have had the hydraulics or some part of them replaced, this happen with the RS too? or anyone know specifically which part of the hydraulics need replacing so I can inform Ford under warranty?

TIA!
Old 19-01-2005, 11:52 AM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just take it back m8,play up and get them to fix it always works for me.