General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

England Predictions tonight???

Search this Thread

Old 19-06-2010, 12:03 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Coldo
Algeria were the better team, passed it better, much more skillful, looked like world beaters compared to England's diddy's.

Totally agree with you, Algeria look far better on the ball. They actually had less of it but it didn't seem like it. England were poor.

But Capello is still God after a struggled draw with USA and a lucky draw with Algeria?!

Algeria certainly better on the ball but both both teams never troubled the keeper once. Dull game, 0-0 the right result and sums it up. You can't be lucky to draw though if they never hit anything of note at your keeper. Same shots on target, England 10 corners to 3, both teams toothless up front.

Rabbit on all you like about Scotland/Wales/N.Ireland/Ireland not being there
To be fair you lot where the ones going on not us mate. We just responded with that. This topic another example along with the 'Mars bar' thread.

i know for sure that all of the above nations would wear their hearts on their sleaves at a World Cup finals,
Yes you would but your dreams is the only time that will actually happen.

Sorry for the budweiser fuelled rant but i just felt compelled to GET IT RIGHT FUCKING UP YOU, again.
LOL, why not.

Originally Posted by dannyblackpool
yup,shows what a buunch of cunts the Scotish are, the fact Rangers and Celtic are begging to be part of the premier league!
That's the Scottish through and through, despise English 90% of the time, selective when it suits them.

I'm in my element here, if Algeria had won i rekon i might have had a wank over their team photo and put a video up for you.

No doubt. But us English wouldn't even bother watching your country or league, I guess that's where we differ as nations/people.

Last edited by skeg; 19-06-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 19-06-2010, 12:13 AM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, LOL at Heskey trying a stepover !!!!!!!!! What has any england manager ever seen in that big donkey??
i think fabios got a wicked sense of humour and is playing big emile for the shear comedy value
them stepovers were the most entertaining part of the game
Old 19-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

The only thing scotland is good at is heart desease.
Old 19-06-2010, 12:38 AM
reisskahn
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rs_turbo_tony
algeria played dirty as fuck , england didnt play very good at all , think were just kidding ourselfs thinking were gonna win
How the f... did you figure that out unless i was watching another match

Simple i don't know f all about footy but Algeria almost certainly outplayed England pity they didn't know how to finish of the their half decent chances

Only time i felt England look decent enough was in the last 20 odd minutes when Shawn Phililps came on

I mean it was a poor performance by England surely the played much better and even had more chances against USA

All am saying is the match to watch if you missed it was USA vs Solvenia BEST MATCH by FAR IN THE WORLD CUP
Old 19-06-2010, 12:41 AM
reisskahn

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Amazing, totally amazing. England were WANKSTON. Lucky to get the draw!!

Algeria were the better team, passed it better, much more skillful, looked like world beaters compared to England's diddy's.

How come Capello isn't taking much flack? If it was Steve McLaren he'd be a public hate figure for you lot! But Capello is still God after a struggled draw with USA and a lucky draw with Algeria?!

And now the excuse of "Rooney not being 100% fit" WTF!!!!! this wasn't mentioned at all in the build up? He's trained every day bar one? He wasn't showing any signs of injury? Fucking jokers you lot, wise up and realise you're media are to blame! Massive hype and expectation on the players, who are obviously not as good as you think they are.

Rabbit on all you like about Scotland/Wales/N.Ireland/Ireland not being there but you lot are.... i know for sure that all of the above nations would wear their hearts on their sleaves at a World Cup finals, fight for every ball and commit to every challenge, without claiming to be world beaters or contenders for the trophy. I hope your nation can open your eyes and realise that the squad, the media, the fans are all 110% deluded and wrong about your chances.

Sorry for the budweiser fuelled rant but i just felt compelled to GET IT RIGHT FUCKING UP YOU, again.
totally totally totally agree with you

Put it this way it came to a Point were i thought Algeria certainly don't deserve to lose maybe even deserve a win but a draw was fair enough for both teams imo

England need to get the act back together quick time
Old 19-06-2010, 12:42 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by lead_foot
How can they play soo well for their clubs and soo shit for their national team?
Same story different year. Good players, shit team.

IMO the problem has always been the midfield. All good players individually but none of them can play together and they don't get played in their club positions in their club formation. Too many central midfielders played out of position and not in their trademark position and service to front men is piss poor. Never understood why he doesn't play with two wide men and two central or even 3 central with one playing off the strikers and keep Rooney or Defoe up as a 18 yard box striker. Heskey should be playing rugby with his build.
Old 19-06-2010, 12:58 AM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

is it just me or the big name players in the world cup are all struggling?messi not doing to bad though
Old 19-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Originally Posted by fezzajsy
is it just me or the big name players in the world cup are all struggling?messi not doing to bad though

Not just you mate. I reckon the standard of football is down this time. I am blaming the vuvuzelas!

Old 19-06-2010, 03:03 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Amazing, totally amazing. England were WANKSTON. Lucky to get the draw!!

How come Capello isn't taking much flack? If it was Steve McLaren he'd be a public hate figure for you lot! But Capello is still God after a struggled draw with USA and a lucky draw with Algeria?!

And now the excuse of "Rooney not being 100% fit" WTF!!!!! this wasn't mentioned at all in the build up? He's trained every day bar one? He wasn't showing any signs of injury? Fucking jokers you lot, wise up and realise you're media are to blame! Massive hype and expectation on the players, who are obviously not as good as you think they are.

Rabbit on all you like about Scotland/Wales/N.Ireland/Ireland not being there but you lot are.... i know for sure that all of the above nations would wear their hearts on their sleaves at a World Cup finals, fight for every ball and commit to every challenge, without claiming to be world beaters or contenders for the trophy. I hope your nation can open your eyes and realise that the squad, the media, the fans are all 110% deluded and wrong about your chances.

Better to be there having a go, than not being there at all.

Benni.
Old 19-06-2010, 04:38 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Gotta say that was wank!

why o why was Heskey kept on for so long... Useless lump couldn't score for Villa this year much never mind England....

Should have played Rooney up top by himself (which he's been doing well for Man Utd most of the season) Joe Cole n Lennon on the wings with Barry n Lamps in the middle with Gerrard in the hole behind Rooney... Need to try something different otherwise there coming home thursday.
Old 19-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Remember this headline? Almost entirely sums up why the rest of the world hate England.

Old 19-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Albino Deano
FROZEN WHITE FRS No2676

Same old england its are year yeh yeh It will never happen the same players get picked to old or injured Rooneys had a very good season but is knackered and still carrying a injury,Heskey has he ever been a good player?? Lampard never plays well for england Gerrard Knackered after trying to carry liverpool for the last few seasons and carrying a injury and mind is else where i.e REAL MADRID.Barry still injured,Carragher just to old and never had any pace,terry had a poor end to the season and still is when will they ever learn to pick fresh hungry blood never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Dlatch!
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

whats frighting is we looked as bad as france
Old 19-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Sack the lot of the useless cunts.
Old 19-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Smiggy

If you tell people something often enough, eventually they will start to believe it.

This is the problem in England just now and has been for years. People believe that the England squad are better than they actually are, due to the media constantly hyping them up. It's the same with the Premiership, the media constantly tell us it's the best league in the world. Really? Where do all the world class players play? The English Premiership is a fantastic league, but it's certainly not the best. In the end it's all down to very clever marketing and these companies such as Sky etc, want you to believe you are watching the best package in the world so that we all (and I include myself) keep subscribing

I know everyone will think as I'm Scottish that I'm just having a dig, but I'm not. last night and yesterday in the build up to the game some of the pundits were getting carried away with themselves. There was someguy on 5 live (can't remember who) confidently predicting 4-0 easy, on the telly we had guys saying "we're full of world class players, Cole is best left back in the world, in Lampard and Gerrard we have the 2 best midfielders in the world with Gerrard certainly being the best burst in to the box midfielder anywhere in the world right now, Rooney in top 3 strikers in the world etc,etc" "We should turn over Algeria easily, they'll be no match for us"

Algeria put out Egypt, the African Cup holders on way to South Africa, most of their team are French and were schooled/coached in France. They are no mugs, why can everyone but the english see this. Look at some of the predictions on here, some folk have been caught up in the hype.

I watch a lot of football, Club and International, I travel with the Tartan Army to Scotland away games, I used to play regularly in organised football, not just 5's down the local pitches with my mates. I agree the Scottish domestic product isn't the best, our national team have had a very lean spell, but we can accept that and don't have as high expectations at the moment, but we are improving and hopefully we'll be a a championships again soon. Last night however I watched this game with some of my mates and from the pre-match you could see people were over confident. One of my mates even said england better buck up their ideas cos this team are no mugs.

Why can you all fail to see this. You have a we're the big men attitude and as we've hardly heard of these smaller teams they must be shite attitude, and I believe that this is where you are failing. England have the talent to do better (I don't think they're good enough to win it tho) it's the attitude that needs worked on. You could see it last night ripping out all the england players faces, they expected Algeria to roll over and let them win because "We are England" when they realised that they had a game on their hands they then couldn't up their game.

Another thing, why do the FA feel the need to pay Capello Ł6M a year? The next best paid manager is the German on approx Ł1.5M a year.

I think you'll win next week, only because you have to, but it will be tougher than people in England think.

Last edited by Smiggy; 19-06-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 19-06-2010, 11:05 AM
gaz s1

something aint right in that team, they all looked totally stressed out from the start to the final whiste, the only way to get the best out of the players is making them relaxed and its obvious cappello aint doing that.

Maybe we aint good enough to win it but with the players we have we should have a chance but they all just look terrified and this is from players that have won the champions league or played in the champions league final with all the pressures.

They aint being managed right imo, the manager should bring out the best in his players and cappello just seems to put pressure on them all the time.

Players like rooney gerard and lampard dont suddenly become donkeys, they are world class playersa but heskey is a donkey and always will be and where is jo cole???, he could provide the spark we need but cappelo wont play him

Last edited by gaz s1; 19-06-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 19-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Hank Moody

Remember this headline? Almost entirely sums up why the rest of the world hate England.

ha ha classic...

G.I.R.F.U.Y!!!!
Old 19-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Hank Moody

Originally Posted by Smiggy
If you tell people something often enough, eventually they will start to believe it.

This is the problem in England just now and has been for years. People believe that the England squad are better than they actually are, due to the media constantly hyping them up. It's the same with the Premiership, the media constantly tell us it's the best league in the world. Really? Where do all the world class players play? The English Premiership is a fantastic league, but it's certainly not the best. In the end it's all down to very clever marketing and these companies such as Sky etc, want you to believe you are watching the best package in the world so that we all (and I include myself) keep subscribing

I know everyone will think as I'm Scottish that I'm just having a dig, but I'm not. last night and yesterday in the build up to the game some of the pundits were getting carried away with themselves. There was someguy on 5 live (can't remember who) confidently predicting 4-0 easy, on the telly we had guys saying "we're full of world class players, Cole is best left back in the world, in Lampard and Gerrard we have the 2 best midfielders in the world with Gerrard certainly being the best burst in to the box midfielder anywhere in the world right now, Rooney in top 3 strikers in the world etc,etc" "We should turn over Algeria easily, they'll be no match for us"

Algeria put out Egypt, the African Cup holders on way to South Africa, most of their team are French and were schooled/coached in France. They are no mugs, why can everyone but the english see this. Look at some of the predictions on here, some folk have been caught up in the hype.

I watch a lot of football, Club and International, I travel with the Tartan Army to Scotland away games, I used to play regularly in organised football, not just 5's down the local pitches with my mates. I agree the Scottish domestic product isn't the best, our national team have had a very lean spell, but we can accept that and don't have as high expectations at the moment, but we are improving and hopefully we'll be a a championships again soon. Last night however I watched this game with some of my mates and from the pre-match you could see people were over confident. One of my mates even said england better buck up their ideas cos this team are no mugs.

Why can you all fail to see this. You have a we're the big men attitude and as we've hardly heard of these smaller teams they must be shite attitude, and I believe that this is where you are failing. England have the talent to do better (I don't think they're good enough to win it tho) it's the attitude that needs worked on. You could see it last night ripping out all the england players faces, they expected Algeria to roll over and let them win because "We are England" when they realised that they had a game on their hands they then couldn't up their game.

Another thing, why do the FA feel the need to pay Capello Ł6M a year? The next best paid manager is the German on approx Ł1.5M a year.

I think you'll win next week, only because you have to, but it will be tougher than people in England think.
some very good points there but you omitted one thing

you cant change the mentality of 51,466,733 people
Old 19-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Nemesis

Wow, most of the comments came from........

1. Jocks (NOT IN THE WORLD CUP!)
2. Taffs (NOT IN THE WORLD CUP!)
3. Paddies (NOT IN THE WORLD CUP!)

If you lot think (and I said THINK) you are or can do any better, then get a fooking team and QUALIFY!!!

Scotland's record and last time to qualify......
1998, knocked out in round 1
World Cup medals......NONE

Ireland's record and last time to qualify......
2002, knocked out in round 2

Wales' record and last time to qualify......
1958 YES 1958!!! reached 1/4 finals
World Cup medals....NONE

England's record and last time to qualify......
2010 and "still" in it!
World Cup medals ONE!!! 1966.

And a final note, we played diabolical last night ALL of them, so let's hope they get their act together and pull the last game out of the bag!!!
I think they should all sit down in the dressing room and made to watch
Liverpool V AC Milan, Istanbul 2005!!!!

Nemesis.
Old 19-06-2010, 01:43 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by gaz s1
something aint right in that team, they all looked totally stressed out from the start to the final whiste, the only way to get the best out of the players is making them relaxed and its obvious cappello aint doing that.

Maybe we aint good enough to win it but with the players we have we should have a chance but they all just look terrified and this is from players that have won the champions league or played in the champions league final with all the pressures.

They aint being managed right imo, the manager should bring out the best in his players and cappello just seems to put pressure on them all the time.

Players like rooney gerard and lampard dont suddenly become donkeys, they are world class playersa but heskey is a donkey and always will be and where is jo cole???, he could provide the spark we need but cappelo wont play him

Coldo and Smiggy have a point and putting all the excuses, making players scapegoats like Becham, Ronaldo or calling for the managers head I just think it is the media and press.

I was going to post that old Sun headline myself of "EASY" and "best group since the beatles", personally I think that is disgusting in terms of respect for these World cup teams. Shearer even said on the BBC post USA game that "I guarantee England will qualify" how can he promise that? This now put us and the players in a mood that its going to be a walkover but as we've seen with all teams it isn't like that at a WC. God knows what their teams thought if they did get to see that, I bet they were dying to beat us and then throw in the fact that we're the country to invent the game, big Premier league, big clubs/players/Wembley/history and its no wonder they're putting a shift in against us.

Then we do bad The Sun, Mail etc who put those same "EASY" headlines and talked us up are today putting things like "flops" or "fabios flops" its crazy. How can we expect to win the World cup when we didn't even qualify for the previous tournament, Euro 2008. Myself if you look at my serious posts, you'll see I was just happy for us to be there, get the 3 initial games and hope for the best. Never once thought we'd make the final, belief or not because we've never made one in my lifetime so far.

We we're brilliant in qualifying, it wasn't an easy group, it never is, we even got revenge on Croatia who put us out before but now the pressure is a whole never level at the World cup. Its not the managers fault, he's one of the best and we've had some of the best around before him, yes we've been a touch unlucky and a whisker away from reaching semi-finals of major competitions like Euro 2004 or Germany 2006 going out on penalty deciders but England were awful at the last World cup, most of the goals came from Beckham crosses or set pieces, bar Joe Coles rocket volley I think.

Its the press hype, smash downs how the rip into them nothing more. You can see Gerrard, Rooney, Rio, Terry and co are desperate to win and do well, they try, even cry when they go out but deep down they know if they make a mistake or fuck up then they could end up like Beckham or Ronaldo getting booed because the team wasn't really good enough and blamed for going out. Beckham kicked a player, it was a mistake and yet he was called all kinds for ages, people hated him which was driven by the newspapers but now all of a sudden people love him again.

Why would you want to play for your country when you know there is no room for error, you drop a ball as a keeper, get yellow ban or sent off or even miss a penalty and you will be hated. Don't know about you lot but I couldn't handle that no matter how much I got paid. Being stalked outside your house, called stuff in the street by people and booed when playing your club football, all the negative articles. At club level, the pressure just ain't this bad. Look at Emile Heskey, he's a player who we all know ain't as fast or good at finishing as Rooney, Bent, Defoe, Agbonalhor, Crouch but is in the team to win balls in the air, hold up the ball and be a cog in a machine or team, yet he gets slated. He doesn't moan at the fans, abuse people or anything like that, its just that people don't rate his finishing so make him a punching bag for England. In the USA game he did what he was meant to very well yet people recall he just put a one on one chance straight at the keeper. Versus Algeria he also did some things well but people will recall the stepover and stuffed up cross. I wouldn't start him myself, on paper, but he was far from out worst player in either game, Rooney was worse than him in the Algeria game as were Gerrard, Lampard, Johnson and co. He was clearly trying and putting the effort in yet gets slated because we love to hate him at the minute. I thought that's what we wanted, players who at least try, a la Beckham.

End of the day we aren't a world footballing power anymore as A TEAM, we need to forget we have the worlds biggest leagues, richest clubs, most supported clubs, big players and stadiums, richest FA and a wealthy country. Forget it all because we should be having targets to qualify, then make it of the group, anything else is a bonus and take it from there. The nation expects? Well it shouldn't UNTIL we prove it like France, Brazil, Germany, Italy and get to a final or do really well.

The Sun IMO needs shutting down. Its not just football either, some of the things they print about people is really really shocking and as they are the biggest paper the smaller ones follow suit.

That said, we could still qualify but on play so far Slovenia and USA have showed some better spells than us so far. Hope we do it but can't see us going too far unless something big changes.
Old 19-06-2010, 01:48 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

4 year gap, same old crap from England. We were dire and as per now have to win on Wednesday against Slovenia who are by far the best team in our group it would seem, although USA come a close second after there performance against them yesterday. Should have been an easy 3 wins for us but for whatever reason we cant perform when needed. Not sure if Fabio's 4 4 2 and last minute team announcments are helping us. When do the team actually find out who they are playing with? We find out 2 hours before the game. Seems to be un-rest in the English camp at the moment

The jocks and sheep shaggers - please keep bleating and then telling us you aren't bothered about not being there. Just think if you were there you could be playing against England and have a chance of a win but because your teams are actually shit and worse than us, you are at home watching and trying to rile us English fans up We know we done no good at all but at least we are in a position to try. Unlike you lot
Old 19-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Nemesis

If you lot think (and I said THINK) you are or can do any better, then get a fooking team and QUALIFY!!!

World Cup medals....NONE

2010 and "still" in it!

And a final note, we played diabolical last night ALL of them, so let's hope they get their act together and pull the last game out of the bag!!!

Nemesis.

By that logic... if you aren't a proffesional football player yourself, then you shouldnt be commenting on any English Footballers efforts at the WC?

Just because we aren't as good as you, doesn't mean we cant comment.
Old 19-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Escy

Originally Posted by skeg
End of the day we aren't a world footballing power anymore as A TEAM
Anymore? Were you ever? Takes more than 1 cup run to consider yourself a world footballing power.

Thats the billy big bollocks attitude I don't like. Your shit and always have been.

You finally agreeing with me Rooney is over-rated?
Old 19-06-2010, 01:58 PM
RobL

amazing aint it,theyre more obsessed england than any englishman on here
i suppose thats what having nothing of your own to be proud of does to you
they become bitter of their more illustrious successful neighbours
sour grapes thats all
Old 19-06-2010, 02:03 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Not sure if Fabio's 4 4 2 and last minute team announcments are helping us. When do the team actually find out who they are playing with? We find out 2 hours before the game. Seems to be un-rest in the English camp at the moment
Could be bad in the camp but doubt its to do with Capello telling the players late. As Carragher said, that happens all the time anyway. Its just the papers and TV getting the hump because they have no info to report as so they are now moaning on it or using it as a reason. We listen to the commentary or pundits and pick up that as a reason. Just like we all seem to be saying the same thing, 4-5-1, Rooney up top on his own, Gerrard in behind. We're not all psychic or genius, whilst it may work we did all get that from the TV/press.

Gabby Logon on BBC must have asked the manager like 6 times this week who's playing in goal and when he will tell them. He should have just said on the second time, "look bitch, you and the rest will know on friday so sod off and have some pasta" Capello is right to do that if he wants IMO.

The jocks and sheep shaggers - please keep bleating and then telling us you aren't bothered about not being there. Just think if you were there you could be playing against England and have a chance of a win but because your teams are actually shit and worse than us, you are at home watching and trying to rile us English fans up We know we done no good at all but at least we are in a position to try. Unlike you lot

LOL, you can always take some positives that no matter how badly we do, we will always be better than those countries. ALWAYS. If we win the bid for 2018 or some point after its going to be a nightmare if they don't qualify. Can you imagine it? WC on these shores and they won't be there, bitterness will be off the scale.

Last edited by skeg; 19-06-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 19-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Escy

If you do get the 2018 WC, be a shame the best stadium in Britian is 3 hours down the M4 from Wembley
Old 19-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Nemesis

Originally Posted by Escy
If you do get the 2018 WC, be a shame the best stadium in Britian is 3 hours down the M4 from Wembley

Down the M4?

Hopefully it will be up the M6 and at the end of the M62. State of the art football ground and best in the country and right on my doorsetep............formally known as ANFIELD (and let's hope they keep the name!!)

Nemesis.
Old 19-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Escy

You got more chance of administration than a new stadium
Old 19-06-2010, 02:46 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Down the M4?

Hopefully it will be up the M6 and at the end of the M62. State of the art football ground and best in the country and right on my doorsetep............formally known as ANFIELD (and let's hope they keep the name!!)

7-8 years time I'm not so sure Liverpool's will be even started let alone complete. How many years has it been now since they first announced it?

I do think some other teams will get new ones though even if Liverpool don't. England has the best stadiums around, Wembley, Old Trafford, Emirates, St James park, Villa park, Stadium of light. Chelsea might revamp theres too, Old trafford might even be bigger again. Some new ones, some iconic. Wembley best stadium in the world but MUST sort out the pitch issue.

90,000- 76,000- 60,000 - 55,000 + others. That'll do.
Old 19-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Smiggy

The jocks and sheep shaggers - please keep bleating and then telling us you aren't bothered about not being there.
Absolutely gutted not to be there tbh. Greatest show on earth imo and one I would have been at had we qualified. Maybe next time.

LOL, you can always take some positives that no matter how badly we do, we will always be better than those countries. ALWAYS.
Bragging rights are only as good as your last contest. What was the score the LAST time we played. You's claimed to be better than us then also. Was supposed to be last competitive game at old wembley for England and you were played off the park. (you were!! I was there)Deciding that you couldn't close wembley with a defeat to your nearest rivals you kept it open until the next qualifying campaign against your other foe's - GERMANY. They came and beat you as well did they not?

I do think some other teams will get new ones though even if Liverpool don't. England has the best stadiums around, Wembley, Old Trafford, Emirates, St James park, Villa park, Stadium of light. Chelsea might revamp theres too, Old trafford might even be bigger again. Some new ones, some iconic. Wembley best stadium in the world but MUST sort out the pitch issue.

90,000- 76,000- 60,000 - 55,000 + others. That'll do.
Never been to watch football in Germany then? Light years in front of some of the English stadia. You are falling for the English hype again. Have you ever watched football anywhere other than England? German stadiums are brilliant. Japanese stadiums are out of this world, American are big and cater for everything. Can't even believe your trying to say the likes of Villa park are better. I would even say and I hate to admit it because I just don't like them, that Castle Greyskull (Ibrox Park, Glasgow) is a better staduim than some on your list. Can't believe I've just said that. must be the heat, but it is. Even some of the South african stadiums look pretty good and the Olympic stadium in Beijing was/is out of this world. Villa Park

Wembley - Fantastic, but in the arse end of nowhere, as mentioned pitch issues, but many new stadiums have these
Old Trafford - Iconic but showing it's age in places. Would be used anyway.
Emirates - Can't comment not been
St James - Good atmosphere when NU playing apart from that nothing special
Villa Park - Can't even believe you've put it on that list
Stadium of Light - Ok but cheap feeling about it. Decent size and design tho.
Stamford Bridge - Needs work to be considered.

As said before I'm a football fan, watched it all over the world. Gutted Scotland aren't there but not going to gloat on Englands performance or lack of it. Am just watching for the love of the game, not really supporting anyone, but quietly hope spain go all the way.

I just feel some of the English supporters are far too over optimistic, you are believing what you are getting spoon fed continually by your media and taking it as gospel. I bet hardly anyone on here even goes to Football games on a regular basis (apart from Skeg) I could bet my life Skeg does, seems to talk like a proper fan when he doesn't resort to slagging folk. The rest are just repeating what they've read in The Sun, or what their dads told them.

There is a whole world out there outside of England. Some of you maybe want to try looking at it once in a while.

Still think you's will get your result next week tho.
Old 19-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Hank Moody

World Cup medals....NONE

2010 and "still" in it!

Nemesis.
The difference you lot are failing to see is we didnt go there every time thinking we were going to win it....

And our fans are welcome everywhere...
Old 19-06-2010, 05:15 PM
RobL

Originally Posted by Irishshooter
The difference you lot are failing to see is we didnt go there every time thinking we were going to win it....
of course you dont you clown, because that would obviuosly never happen
Old 19-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Hank Moody

Originally Posted by RobL
of course you dont you clown, because that would obviuosly never happen

Just like England then...

in 100 years are you still going to be going on about 66? If you win the lottery do you automatically think you will win it every time you play it from then on????
Old 19-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Aw shit, Skeg has just gone and RUINED this World Cup for me.

I won't pretend it's anything I've said that has changed his mind but he finally agrees with what I and many others have been saying about his team and the media coverage surrounding them.
Even worse - he's posted something that was actually well-thought out and pretty much unbiased and mostly pretty sensible (I don't actually think "England" has ever been a footballing power, for instance).
And finally, he wrote a whole essay without a pop at the other home nations (apart from his sig but we ignore that anyway).

Coldo and Smiggy have a point and putting all the excuses, making players scapegoats like Becham, Ronaldo or calling for the managers head I just think it is the media and press.

I was going to post that old Sun headline myself of "EASY" and "best group since the beatles", personally I think that is disgusting in terms of respect for these World cup teams. Shearer even said on the BBC post USA game that "I guarantee England will qualify" how can he promise that? This now put us and the players in a mood that its going to be a walkover but as we've seen with all teams it isn't like that at a WC. God knows what their teams thought if they did get to see that, I bet they were dying to beat us and then throw in the fact that we're the country to invent the game, big Premier league, big clubs/players/Wembley/history and its no wonder they're putting a shift in against us.

Then we do bad The Sun, Mail etc who put those same "EASY" headlines and talked us up are today putting things like "flops" or "fabios flops" its crazy. How can we expect to win the World cup when we didn't even qualify for the previous tournament, Euro 2008. Myself if you look at my serious posts, you'll see I was just happy for us to be there, get the 3 initial games and hope for the best. Never once thought we'd make the final, belief or not because we've never made one in my lifetime so far.

We we're brilliant in qualifying, it wasn't an easy group, it never is, we even got revenge on Croatia who put us out before but now the pressure is a whole never level at the World cup. Its not the managers fault, he's one of the best and we've had some of the best around before him, yes we've been a touch unlucky and a whisker away from reaching semi-finals of major competitions like Euro 2004 or Germany 2006 going out on penalty deciders but England were awful at the last World cup, most of the goals came from Beckham crosses or set pieces, bar Joe Coles rocket volley I think.

Its the press hype, smash downs how the rip into them nothing more. You can see Gerrard, Rooney, Rio, Terry and co are desperate to win and do well, they try, even cry when they go out but deep down they know if they make a mistake or fuck up then they could end up like Beckham or Ronaldo getting booed because the team wasn't really good enough and blamed for going out. Beckham kicked a player, it was a mistake and yet he was called all kinds for ages, people hated him which was driven by the newspapers but now all of a sudden people love him again.

Why would you want to play for your country when you know there is no room for error, you drop a ball as a keeper, get yellow ban or sent off or even miss a penalty and you will be hated. Don't know about you lot but I couldn't handle that no matter how much I got paid. Being stalked outside your house, called stuff in the street by people and booed when playing your club football, all the negative articles. At club level, the pressure just ain't this bad. Look at Emile Heskey, he's a player who we all know ain't as fast or good at finishing as Rooney, Bent, Defoe, Agbonalhor, Crouch but is in the team to win balls in the air, hold up the ball and be a cog in a machine or team, yet he gets slated. He doesn't moan at the fans, abuse people or anything like that, its just that people don't rate his finishing so make him a punching bag for England. In the USA game he did what he was meant to very well yet people recall he just put a one on one chance straight at the keeper. Versus Algeria he also did some things well but people will recall the stepover and stuffed up cross. I wouldn't start him myself, on paper, but he was far from out worst player in either game, Rooney was worse than him in the Algeria game as were Gerrard, Lampard, Johnson and co. He was clearly trying and putting the effort in yet gets slated because we love to hate him at the minute. I thought that's what we wanted, players who at least try, a la Beckham.

End of the day we aren't a world footballing power anymore as A TEAM, we need to forget we have the worlds biggest leagues, richest clubs, most supported clubs, big players and stadiums, richest FA and a wealthy country. Forget it all because we should be having targets to qualify, then make it of the group, anything else is a bonus and take it from there. The nation expects? Well it shouldn't UNTIL we prove it like France, Brazil, Germany, Italy and get to a final or do really well.

The Sun IMO needs shutting down. Its not just football either, some of the things they print about people is really really shocking and as they are the biggest paper the smaller ones follow suit.

That said, we could still qualify but on play so far Slovenia and USA have showed some better spells than us so far. Hope we do it but can't see us going too far unless something big changes.
Old 19-06-2010, 07:05 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Listen yous have made your bed now go lie on it!!