General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Does anyone in essex area fancy coming to mine and removing my gearbox?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:04 AM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Does anyone in essex area fancy coming to mine and removing my gearbox?

Been let down and messed around a couple of times now with people rebuilding my gearbox and am fussy who I leave the car with incase it gets damaged etc. So think now im going to get the box removed at mine on my drive and then at least I can send the box away and know the car is safe where it is. Does anyone fancy the job of coming to mine in colchester and taking the box out for me? Will pay good rates not sure how long a job it is to get it out. My s2 has 1600i anti roll bar on it so im guessing this may have to be removed also?
Old 09-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can bring it to mine, remove the box and leave it there if you like? I have space in my garage if it helps.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:06 PM
mattseries2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I would have done but your abit far away mate!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:54 PM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Kieron
You can bring it to mine, remove the box and leave it there if you like? I have space in my garage if it helps.
Hey buddy thats very kind of you to offer. Its not so much the space because I have a garage at mine anyhow more the fact I need someone who knows what there doing and who has all the right gear.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:55 PM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mattseries2
I would have done but your abit far away mate!
How long does it take someone who knows what there doing to get the box off roughly mate?
Old 09-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Danster76

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

40 minutes
Old 09-06-2010, 04:03 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

on the floor couple of hours would be reasonable

Trending Topics

Old 09-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Kieron

Originally Posted by jaiscossie
Hey buddy thats very kind of you to offer. Its not so much the space because I have a garage at mine anyhow more the fact I need someone who knows what there doing and who has all the right gear.
Oh OK mate, I'm sure we could remove a box together no problems and I have all the gear. Its been a few years since I've played about with S2's but its not exactly a difficult job.

The offer is there is you want it however while typing this I've had a thought that might be better suited!!!! You know Gav from our group, FRS & Escos?? Ex Ford Mechanic, serial RS fiddler and concourse bufty?? Well he's currently out of work so I'm sure he would be free to do it for you, has the tools and would be happy of some beer tokens. I will PM his number, just tell him I sent you although I'm sure you know who I mean.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:15 PM
boy-racer-1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

give awm auto services a ring hes in essex and a bloody good mechanic 07955785858
Old 09-06-2010, 04:23 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh OK mate, I'm sure we could remove a box together no problems and I have all the gear. Its been a few years since I've played about with S2's but its not exactly a difficult job.

The offer is there is you want it however while typing this I've had a thought that might be better suited!!!! You know Gav from our group, FRS & Escos?? Ex Ford Mechanic, serial RS fiddler and concourse bufty?? Well he's currently out of work so I'm sure he would be free to do it for you, has the tools and would be happy of some beer tokens. I will PM his number, just tell him I sent you although I'm sure you know who I mean.

Nice idea, do this!
Old 09-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Gadget
Spanner monkey

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Whereabouts in essex are you mate?
Old 09-06-2010, 04:29 PM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Now that is a good idea buddy and would save my car being stuck in your garage as not sure how long it will be whilst the box is away. If you send me his number ill give him a call as he would be just the man. If not we may be getting our hands dirty lol.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:31 PM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Gadget
Whereabouts in essex are you mate?
In Colchester buddy.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Kieron

Originally Posted by jaiscossie
Now that is a good idea buddy and would save my car being stuck in your garage as not sure how long it will be whilst the box is away. If you send me his number ill give him a call as he would be just the man. If not we may be getting our hands dirty lol.
I've PM'd it mate. Gav is one of the very few people I would trust with my car! You've seen his so know what hes like.

NP on storing it at mine for a while though. Mine aren't going anywhere.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:20 PM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I've PM'd it mate. Gav is one of the very few people I would trust with my car! You've seen his so know what hes like.

NP on storing it at mine for a while though. Mine aren't going anywhere.
Cheers Kieron, am home now so will give him a buzz either tnt or tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:47 PM
RSricRS
Long live the ford RS'S

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope you sort your box issues out pal, will have my car back soon i also have a cts box stage 2+ lets just hope it last well i wont be launching it cant be doing with shelling out for boxes !!! All the best to you.

Ric.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:52 PM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RSricRS
Hope you sort your box issues out pal, will have my car back soon i also have a cts box stage 2+ lets just hope it last well i wont be launching it cant be doing with shelling out for boxes !!! All the best to you.

Ric.
Cheers buddy, same box as im running.What spec is your car? it was santa pod that killed my box was fine to then
Old 09-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Danster76

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happened to your box? I have a cts 2 which I bought new. Its just been repaired under warranty after just 100 easy miles. Mine started whining in over run. I was told a bearing had failed :S after a 6 week turnaround its back in with a new clutch. I've done a couple of hundred miles in it now and so far so good
Old 09-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mate if you get stuck i dont mind giving you a hand, taking the box out is piss easy mate honestly,,,,, lining it back up can be a cunt though but still aint hard
Old 09-06-2010, 09:03 PM
RSricRS
Long live the ford RS'S

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

2.0ltr zvh,
efi inlet
803 injectors(greens)
cossie l6 management
head work
phase 4 newman cam kit
accralite pistons
zetec rods
t34 .48 housing 360 thrust bearing
ap 4paddle clutch, box as said above.
pro alloy front mount intercooler
mocal oil cooler
airtec rad, probably missed other bits and bobs.

Will be well happy with 220bhp and torque to match dont really want much more as the box issues plus its getting the power to the ground cant be doing with the wheels spinning up constanly so i suppose alot of power gets wasted so to me there isnt much point going mental with power, but on the other hand the engine will make more power if i get bored lol,just want a nice reliable setup.

The car is in the resto thread want be to long till its finished.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:09 PM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Danster76
What happened to your box? I have a cts 2 which I bought new. Its just been repaired under warranty after just 100 easy miles. Mine started whining in over run. I was told a bearing had failed :S after a 6 week turnaround its back in with a new clutch. I've done a couple of hundred miles in it now and so far so good
Mine has done about 3.5k miles since new.Started jumping out of 1st gear, now whines in all gears.Not sure what has gone in it till its apart.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:11 PM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
mate if you get stuck i dont mind giving you a hand, taking the box out is piss easy mate honestly,,,,, lining it back up can be a cunt though but still aint hard
Cheers buddy, very kind of you.Not really a case of getting stuck as i dont feel confident in touching it to start with on my own
Old 09-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mate it really is piss easy. i removed my ipreza box and rebuilt diff in a tiny garage on my own,,,, i needed help to get it back on as in just to attach it to the engine then all on my own again,,, was piss easy in reallity

erst's are proper piss easy mate, as said if you still dont find anyone ill pop round and give you a hand as im getting back into working on cars these days for some reason
Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 AM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
mate it really is piss easy. i removed my ipreza box and rebuilt diff in a tiny garage on my own,,,, i needed help to get it back on as in just to attach it to the engine then all on my own again,,, was piss easy in reallity

erst's are proper piss easy mate, as said if you still dont find anyone ill pop round and give you a hand as im getting back into working on cars these days for some reason
Thanks Ginge Is very kind of you top man.