General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The end of the scotch corner all ford meets

Search this Thread

Old 23-05-2010, 09:18 PM
turbo_3dr_tommy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiddy
The top of the multi-story car park in aycliffe would be spot on, but its across the road from the cop shop, and these cunts round here would have a feild day, there the head of traffic police for county durham, they dont miss a thing. last time i got pulled, he says, 'new wheels again'. i couldnt believe they actually even notice when you change your wheels. its not like im some boyracer cunt who they see all the time either, like i said, they dont miss a thing. i guarantee if they found out thee was a car meet anywhere in aycliffe, they would be there checking all the cars over in heartbeat.
I've never been pulled in Aycliffe ever mate or any where round here either
Old 23-05-2010, 09:21 PM
underdarkskies
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Nightmare, hope you can get something sorted
Old 23-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo_3dr_tommy
I've never been pulled in Aycliffe ever mate or any where round here either
Start driving the EVO more then
Old 23-05-2010, 09:25 PM
turbo_3dr_tommy
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Fiddy
Start driving the EVO more then
it was my everyday car for the 1st year, you must have one of them faces
Old 23-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo_3dr_tommy
it was my everyday car for the 1st year, you must have one of them faces
Im very suprised craig, unless they remember me from many moons ago back in the day, when i was a boy racer cunt lol
Old 23-05-2010, 10:50 PM
michael harbour
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
Right people i thought it was time to post a thread about the scotch corner al ford meets.

As some of you know, me and a friend started doing the ford meets at the hotel in the car park and the meets have got really popular.Well after the last meet in march when the magazines came.

I was a bit pissed off cause i knew nothing about the people at the meet with the high vis vests on and the walkie talkies.Andy said to me get some of my mates to help out with getting the cars in and out of the hotel.

I was a bit pissed off when nice cars were getting turned away and they had to park in the services.

Anyway to cut a long story short i got a pm off Andy (even though he has my phone number)saying that he wants to do the old skool fords only.I then found out that he was having his meetsat leeming bar services just down the road from the hotel, instead of having the meets at the hotel.

I got in contact with the hotel and left some contact details.It turns out the hotel doesnt want the ford meets to continue cause people who use the gym were complaining.Ive tried to look for other venues near the A1 buy im not having much look.I have left my phone number with a few people but so far they havent got back to me.I even tried the darlington football stadium which i thought might of been a bit of a treck for some people.They cant have car meets on a sunday cause they do a car boot sale.

So there you go all good things come to an end.I have really enjoyed my time doing the meets.If it wasnt for the meets i wouldnt of known half the people with fords that i know now.Im gonna keep on looking for a venue but i dont think the meets will ever be the same.

I wanna say thank you to you all that have attended the meets over the years without you the meets wouldnt of been so popular.
what about the big truck stop car park on the a66?
Old 24-05-2010, 12:58 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by graham c
shame i woz going to bring the mk1 up their the meets look top

The Scotch Corner Meet has moved to Leeming Bar Services and is for classic Fords, so you can still go.
Old 24-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Ade
Fast Ford snapper

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Best thing about Scotch Corner was the variety!

Was great seeing a totally random selection of old and new Blue Ovals travelling from all over to meet up. Hopefully it can live on somewhere else.....