General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Why Why Why

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Sp3no
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why Why Why

Had my ST170 off the road since the end of Febuary, i have changed everysingle bush to polybushes, rebuilt and painted the rear sub, undertook a complete nut and bolt underside resto, cam belt change, painted cam cover, oil change, underdrive pulleys, tweeked my cam timing, new red stuff pads, stainless hoses, new handbrake cable, heat shields, blah blah the list goes on and on and on. Today was the day that the car was coming off its stands and would be back on the road. WRONG. started her up everything perfect, pulled the car forward and the car lurched to the left, the fooking passenger side ball joint came out of the hub and the front wheel assembly basically collapsed resulting in a mashed and broken inner driveshaft joint totally pissed off. I had trouble getting the ball joint into the Hub when i originally fitted it, tried again tonight and it just wont go in so given up. Maybe next week.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:09 PM
MikeyRobbo
PS3 - MikeyRobbo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome to ford
Old 10-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bad luck mate

Can i ask which polybushes you used? I need a set for my FRS. Cheapest i have found are floflex and not sure if they are any good. I'm sure they are better than standard but people seem to think they are crap compared to say powerflex. Problem is powerflex are a lot more expensive and unavailable due to the fire they had!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:42 AM
rsfido_1989

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that buddy.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Sp3no

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I imported my bushes for the rear end from the states, The front end is all Powerflex.
Problem is Powerflex do not make a complete set of rear bushes, they do not supply polybushed anti roll bar links and they do not supply the 2 bushes for the rear blades. This is why i went with Prothane bushes from the stated. Much cheaper also.