General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Arsenal dont let me down tonight.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Billy_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Good result? In the context of the Champions League, its a terrible result.

You conceeded two goals at home and have to go to the Nou Camp and win.

There's a good reason why Barca are 6/4 to win the whole thing and Arsenal are 14-1 outsiders!

You don't rate Inter in Europe? Are YOU dense?

LOL! Whatever mate. Your telling me that coming back from 2-0 down against Barca is a poor result? Yeah its not ideal but its better then going over there losing.

As i said, anything can happen in football so dont be surprised if Arsenal turn them over.

Inter in europe? Inter in general aint a great side. Chelsea should of had them dead a buried but for some reason didnt. Compared to the prem, serie a sides are weak.

Also you aint earned the right to call names bruv, you got 20k+ post on an internet forum......... Lol!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

HAHA loving all the man utd fans up in arms about our result last night. Just because they lost to bayern!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:08 AM
flipper
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do arsenal fans think they can score and stop barca scoring at the nou camp ???

bearing in mind barca will play very attacking at home

and if it wasnt for almunia you could have been 4-0 down at half time

so in the context of how the champions league works it is a terrible result ......
Old 01-04-2010, 10:09 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Billy_YUM
LOL! Whatever mate. Your telling me that coming back from 2-0 down against Barca is a poor result? Yeah its not ideal but its better then going over there losing.

As i said, anything can happen in football so dont be surprised if Arsenal turn them over.

Inter in europe? Inter in general aint a great side. Chelsea should of had them dead a buried but for some reason didnt. Compared to the prem, serie a sides are weak.

Also you aint earned the right to call names bruv, you got 20k+ post on an internet forum......... Lol!
Whatever mate? Bruv? Let's not lower the tone - try your best to keep up.

In the context of being 2-0 down, it was a great result. Walcott was a great substitution, which bearing in mind his inconsistent form, was quite a surprise.

But would you have taken 2-2 before the kick off? Absolutely not. You're at a distinct disadvantage, having to go there and win, and personally I cant see it. Of course it "could" happen, but any Arsenal fan will conceed that its not likely, especially with the possibility of no Arshavin or Fabregas.

Last night's game simply illustrated the gulf in class between the two sides. If the game starts like that next week, it'll be embarassing!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:23 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Are you dense? We were getting killed yet came back to 2-2. Good result.

Anything can happen in football so i wouldnt get on on your high horse just yet. Utd got done over tues night and now with no rooney may end up going out 0-0 in their home game.

Chelsea went out to inter, who i dont rate at all.

Rubin Kazan beat barca at the nou camp this season ffs!
Good result in the fact that you totally did not deserve the scoreline you did.

ATROCIOUS result in the sense you got spanked in your own back yard and have to go to the Nou Camp and essentially score AT LEAST ONCE and hope Barcelona don't score. Daunting task for ANY team and like I said Nou Camp atmosphere and occasion will be compounding to the difficulty.

This is football though and this is the Arsenal..
Old 01-04-2010, 12:33 PM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rich no id have liked to go out ther 0-0 or 1-0 up but shit happens
we wont have fabs for the next game as he got booked
as for arshavin hes not playing to well at the moment i think he wants to go

end of the day we have to go out there and win it could happen i hope it happens if it dont then thers next year (again lol)
Old 01-04-2010, 12:51 PM
RsToy
PassionFord Post Troll

Arsenal on form can win away from home anywhere...but at barca they will have to be at their best.....games still on
Old 01-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardPON
In the context of being 2-0 down, it was a great result. Walcott was a great substitution, which bearing in mind his inconsistent form, was quite a surprise.

But would you have taken 2-2 before the kick off? Absolutely not. You're at a distinct disadvantage, having to go there and win, and personally I cant see it. Of course it "could" happen, but any Arsenal fan will conceed that its not likely, especially with the possibility of no Arshavin or Fabregas.

Last night's game simply illustrated the gulf in class between the two sides. If the game starts like that next week, it'll be embarassing!
Not many people would take 2-2 at home 1st leg but playing by far the best team in the world? You don't always know which Barcelona will show up on the night, the Uber one did

We've got a monumental mission to get through now but least we showed resolve in a game we should have been slaughtered in, 2-2 was a fantastic showing all being said.

Oh and...

Old 01-04-2010, 03:05 PM
sparkys2turbo
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by skeg
And to think Arsenal fans all over the country have been trying to put themselves up their with Barcelona as the top two 'total football' sides. Hopefully this puts an end to it.
funny that, finished 2.2 makes the teams level where im sitting, without doubt they had most of the game, but its the score line what counts, also like to throw in, as Guardiola (Barcelona Manager) said, thats the best football they have ever played while i've been managing them, and Arsenal dint get out of 1st gear till the last 20 mins. and still got a draw, Be interseting Barcelona had a bad game and arsenal were on fire and had a full fit squad, fit galles, fit arshavin, fit fabregas and a fit van persi, Who would win that.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:16 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Originally Posted by sparkys2turbo
funny that, finished 2.2 makes the teams level where im sitting, without doubt they had most of the game, but its the score line what counts, also like to throw in, as Guardiola (Barcelona Manager) said, thats the best football they have ever played while i've been managing them, and Arsenal dint get out of 1st gear till the last 20 mins. and still got a draw, Be interseting Barcelona had a bad game and arsenal were on fire and had a full fit squad, fit galles, fit arshavin, fit fabregas and a fit van persi, Who would win that.
2-2 in the champions league is advantage away team FACT

You were not on fire and ended up without Galles,Arshavin,Fabrigas,Van persi etc so no point sayin what if..
Old 01-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

2-2 against a team like Barca with the football they were playing you have to take positives from... especially from 2-0 down.

They OBVIOUSLY have the advantage, but if it were 3-0 or 4-0 last night we couldn't even entertain the possibility of going through.

Leave it be and worry about Bayern
Old 01-04-2010, 03:24 PM
sparkys2turbo
Regular Contributor

People saying arsenal cant do it nou camp, wont be able to score, sounds like the same old stories. like going to inter and winning 3 nil, going to turkey playing Fenerbahce one of the most hostile crowds and wining 4.1, I could go on and on. remember fulham the other week against juventus, as said many times anything could happen in football, just like getting beat by york city a utd, I will say tho, its the English clubs we cant beat in Europe.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pani_k
Good result in the fact that you totally did not deserve the scoreline you did.

ATROCIOUS result in the sense you got spanked in your own back yard and have to go to the Nou Camp and essentially score AT LEAST ONCE and hope Barcelona don't score. Daunting task for ANY team and like I said Nou Camp atmosphere and occasion will be compounding to the difficulty.

This is football though and this is the Arsenal..
Did not deserve the score line??!?!?! how'd you work that one out. Defence played great, then the forwards got their shit together towards the end of the game?

Its not like it was barca own goals or bad referee decisions or shocking deflections or anything.

Also 2-2 is not a spanking. Its a draw dumbass. EQUAL.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ad4m RST
2-2 against a team like Barca with the football they were playing you have to take positives from... especially from 2-0 down.

They OBVIOUSLY have the advantage, but if it were 3-0 or 4-0 last night we couldn't even entertain the possibility of going through.

Leave it be and worry about Bayern
Thats the problem you see. Arsenal can come back from a shocking 50minutes of football and make it count. Man Utd can't even beat Bayern! lol, so they're taking out their embarressment on an equal scoreline. Must make sense to them.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:02 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Spanking in terms of the football played not the final score. You really got out of jail with that one. Losing 2-1 in Munich and bringing them back to OT I'm comfortable with. Honestly really fucked me off but oh well, I'm confident we can score at least once and then go on to win convincingly. For you guys regardless of the football played by BOTH teams, you should've been going to Barcelona with a 1 goal cushion at least. Going as the underdogs in the tie to the second leg away to the competition's outright favourites to try and beat them when they will be having the majority of the ball for the whole game is a big ask of anyone. We have Munich at home with the home support which is electric on a CL night. I'll even let you know when I get back from the game

Good luck with beating Barca at the Nou Camp.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

From the outset who was going to struggle more in these ties?

Arsenal vs. Barca ?
Man Utd vs. Bayern ?

By all accounts they haven't gone to plan, so all the preset glory hunter precedents can't be applied yet. I can imagine Utd supporters genuinely NEEDING Arsenal to lose, or whats all the ridicule for?

Probably the case of losing a battle but winning the war with Bayern, still in the shit though as we speak
Old 01-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Spanking in terms of the football played not the final score. You really got out of jail with that one. Losing 2-1 in Munich and bringing them back to OT I'm comfortable with. Honestly really fucked me off but oh well, I'm confident we can score at least once and then go on to win convincingly. For you guys regardless of the football played by BOTH teams, you should've been going to Barcelona with a 1 goal cushion at least. Going as the underdogs in the tie to the second leg away to the competition's outright favourites to try and beat them when they will be having the majority of the ball for the whole game is a big ask of anyone. We have Munich at home with the home support which is electric on a CL night. I'll even let you know when I get back from the game

Good luck with beating Barca at the Nou Camp.
The football played?. Thanks to our defending and goal keeping only 2 of their 10+ shots on target went in. Football is played at both ends of the field you know.
Barca where all over Arsenal for the first half. What about the last 30 mins of the game? Barca went to shit, they didnt even get the ball into Arsenals half and their passing accuracy halfed with the ammount of intercepted/shortfall passes.

A get out of jail free card would have been a barca own goal or similar error.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
Thats the problem you see. Arsenal can come back from a shocking 50minutes of football and make it count. Man Utd can't even beat Bayern! lol, so they're taking out their embarressment on an equal scoreline. Must make sense to them.
Last comment as its beer o clock.... both united and arsenal have to score 1 goal to go through (as long as they dont conceed)

just you have to do it in the Nou camp ....

If we go out i hope you win, if we stay in i hope you go out, rather you win than Barca, but would rather play barca than you

Have a Good easter gents!!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:30 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

The hype (from my opinion) is mainly down to the fact that from the football played by Barca and the lack of in the former stages by Arsenal meant that Arsenal should've been out of the tie already but somehow managed to get given a lifeline thrown back at them. It was always going to be a difficult task no question and in the champions league the minimum is a home win in every leg so yes it will be a difficult challenge, you must score in the Nou Camp which, to be frank, isn't exactly impossible, but not the easiest of tasks having said that.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The hype (from my opinion) is mainly down to the fact that from the football played by Barca and the lack of in the former stages by Arsenal meant that Arsenal should've been out of the tie already but somehow managed to get given a lifeline thrown back at them. It was always going to be a difficult task no question and in the champions league the minimum is a home win in every leg so yes it will be a difficult challenge, you must score in the Nou Camp which, to be frank, isn't exactly impossible, but not the easiest of tasks having said that.
WHAT!!!! Arsenal dominated the early stages! Finished top of our group with 13 points and a +8 goal advantage. Compared to barca's 11 points an +3 goal advantage.

Then there was FC Porto where the final score was 6-2!

At which point have arsenal played lacking football?

Last edited by Chopshop85; 01-04-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:17 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by chopshop85
what!!!! Arsenal dominated the early stages! Finished top of our group with 13 points and a +8 goal advantage. Compared to barca's 11 points an +3 goal advantage.

Then there was fc porto where the final score was 6-2!

At which point have arsenal played lacking football?
the game you twit!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the game you twit!!!
so when you said "they should be out of the tie already" you mean you are looking into the future with those all knowing man utd eyes.

And former stages you meant, "the first half"

Yeah Barca dominated possesion, doesnt mean fuck all if you can only put away 2 of your 15 odd chances.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:27 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Is it really difficult to understand what I wrote

Should be out the tie already= should've been 2-3 goals down and not have scored

Former stages= first half

And yes the dominating of possession is something Barca will be doing in the Nou Camp so you will have to try overcome that bearing in mind they don't need to score.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Is it really difficult to understand what I wrote

Should be out the tie already= should've been 2-3 goals down and not have scored

Former stages= first half

Why not say what you mean then

Former stages lol, sounds like some test cricket.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:21 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

I forgot the lack of intelligence this board carries with it sometimes. Got to stop writing like I am writing uni reports with proper English then
Old 01-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Or stop trying so hard to over articulate everything you say...

Footy banter mate, no-one's marking you on it
Old 01-04-2010, 08:03 PM
kaboom

everyone take a deeeep breath

barca played well for the first 20mins and could have been up but they wernt, so in my eyes almunia did well? so you cant say you got spanked or raped

the scoreline was 2 - 2, before the game we wanted a win or even a 1 all.

pep has said this was the best performance he has seen from barca, and as mentioned barca did well first 20mins. what happend to the greates player in the world messi? i didnt see him do much?

arsenal CAN go and win at nou camp and if anyone doubts take a look at what has been done by wengers men in the past in the c/l

almost every year wev heard thats it there not gonna' win away and we have

so let just see what happens i am hopefull

and no-one can say you got spanked etc etc because it was 2-2 if it was 3/4 nil then yes we would have got spanked or raped

but we didnt
Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Fabregas out for the season and you think you will go through into the semi's at the Camp Nou?
Old 01-04-2010, 08:19 PM
kaboom

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
Fabregas out for the season and you think you will go through into the semi's at the Camp Nou?
did you watch the match?

fabregas was injured and wasnt even playing his best. so is we have rosicky instead i think it wont make too much of a difference.

we have played games without cesc before, and you have to bare in mind both the defenders will be out
Old 01-04-2010, 08:32 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kaboom
did you watch the match?

fabregas was injured and wasnt even playing his best. so is we have rosicky instead i think it wont make too much of a difference.

we have played games without cesc before, and you have to bare in mind both the defenders will be out
Arsenal are not the same team without fabregas; and yes i did watch the game

i know Barca will be without 2 defenders, but arsenal will have no Arshavin, Gallas or Fabregas

No target man upfront and a 35 year old Sol Campbell at the back, i predict it will be 1 way traffic at Camp Nou
Old 01-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Allyc85
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Real bad news about Fabregas but we can play Nasri through the middle who is getting better and better all the time
Old 01-04-2010, 09:14 PM
kaboom

i know Barca will be without 2 defenders, but arsenal will have no Arshavin, Gallas or Fabregas

No target man upfront and a 35 year old Sol Campbell at the back, i predict it will be 1 way traffic at Camp Nou
you say that you watched the match

you will then have noticed how well walcott played?

eboue came on for arshavin but later dropped back and walcott took over

eboue and walcott linked up very very well

eboue is also playing well this season so i think wer well init

we have played high profile games without big stars before and people were saying the same thing youll lose and wev won

i am in no way saying it will be easy, all i am saying is you cant right us off just yet
Old 01-04-2010, 10:04 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

I for one aren't writing you off, not the first time you've pulled rabbits out the hat but chances are looking slim and I wouldn't be putting big money on Arsenal to go through on the night.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:23 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Chelsea went out to inter, who i dont rate at all.
So if one of your most successful managers (Wenger) went to say PSG in France and brought them back to play you in a European game you wouldn't rate them/the tie at all? That's what Chelsea faced, not just 'Inter'. Even when United faced Inter last season it was a media frenzy and pressure game.

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
HAHA loving all the man utd fans up in arms about our result last night. Just because they lost to bayern!
Losing to Bayern away and taking an away goal back home is better than giving away two away goals and having to go to Nou Camp. You could go through and us go out but that is still the case. 1-0 will put us through but you have to score at least 2 goals just to stay in it.

Originally Posted by sparkys2turbo
funny that, finished 2.2 makes the teams level where im sitting,
Doesn't matter where you're sitting or that it was a draw, its advantage Barcelona with ADVANTAGE Barcelona to come as well (Their place, their fans, their big fuck off pitch).

Originally Posted by kaboom
Any player top player can be a bit dull in a game be it Messi, Rooney, Drogba, Cesc or Torres but you'd still rather be taking your best player and captain to your biggest game of the season, no? Messi wasn't great in the game but chances are he could be brilliant in another game, same with Cesc.

By all accounts they haven't gone to plan, so all the preset glory hunter precedents can't be applied yet. I can imagine Utd supporters genuinely NEEDING Arsenal to lose, or whats all the ridicule for?

The ridicule is for us being fed of of Arsenal fans metaphorically going to the local trophy shop, buying a custom trophy and getting it fucking engraved with "we are the best team" etc etc when in reality they've won piss all and get outclassed by all the big guns foreign and domestic. It was a joke, I heard all week your fans building it up as this game which somehow proves who's the best possession side but you never saw the ball, any of it. In fact the one goal you 'made' came from a young lad blasting directly at them with pace.

This best football passing bollocks is like your five times, you fall back on it as each spec of dust lands in the empty trophy cabinet or it goes wrong elsewhere. I reckon if you win the title in May they'd probably be less mouth than if you don't, because at least then you'd forget about this rubbish.

Last edited by skeg; 02-04-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:15 AM
sparkys2turbo
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by dannyblackpool
2-2 in the champions league is advantage away team FACT

You were not on fire and ended up without Galles,Arshavin,Fabrigas,Van persi etc so no point sayin what if..
If you read the thread probably, skeg quoted..And to think Arsenal fans all over the country have been trying to put themselves up their with Barcelona as the top two 'total football' sides. Hopefully this puts an end to it.

Hes judging arsenal in terms of one night, and I was simply saying compare the teams in general, theirs not alot init. if both squads had full fit teams anyone could win.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:21 AM
sparkys2turbo
Regular Contributor

just a quick fact, last season and this one, we have a higher win ratio without fabregas, think to much gets played through him when hes on.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:34 AM
melinamotor
Farpylee

Im a life long gooner, we were carried away on the Barca carousel for the first 20 mins of the game. To be fair the boys have surprised me this season, regardless of the results at the end of the year, they are starting to mature as a team.
They have performed beyond my expectations on all levels, at no stage did I think we would be third in the league and still (only just) in Europe beyond Chelsea.
Even and I say this knowing how good Barca are this year, if we turn them over Inter are still a challenge too.
Dont forget Man U have a problem injury now too, the end of the season just keeps getting more interesting.
Also watching fourth in the Prem too good battle going on there.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by skeg
The ridicule is for us being fed of of Arsenal fans metaphorically going to the local trophy shop, buying a custom trophy and getting it fucking engraved with "we are the best team" etc etc when in reality they've won piss all and get outclassed by all the big guns foreign and domestic. It was a joke, I heard all week your fans building it up as this game which somehow proves who's the best possession side but you never saw the ball, any of it. In fact the one goal you 'made' came from a young lad blasting directly at them with pace.

This best football passing bollocks is like your five times, you fall back on it as each spec of dust lands in the empty trophy cabinet or it goes wrong elsewhere. I reckon if you win the title in May they'd probably be less mouth than if you don't, because at least then you'd forget about this rubbish.
Mate you HAVE to learn to read in context....I said after you lot losing to Bayern you NEEDED us to lose given the specifics of the ties, or what's all the ridicule for/worth.

I didn't ask for a frustrated fans breakdown of his footballing prejudices, was more rhetorical sign off stuff. HTH

But anyway even if we don't win anything for another 10 years I'll still say we play the best football and are the best pound for pound footballing team if it's the case.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Allyc85
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

You lot still bitching? Cant wait for the reaction after tuesday night
Old 02-04-2010, 12:06 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Mate you HAVE to learn to read in context....I said after you lot losing to Bayern you NEEDED us to lose given the specifics of the ties, or what's all the ridicule for/worth.
I knew what you meant, jesus you really do talk down to people sometimes, whilst desperately reading your "how to sound clever on a forum for Dummies" book. As I said previously, take your gum shield out whilst at the KEYBOARD!

But anyway even if we don't win anything for another 10 years I'll still say we play the best football and are the best pound for pound footballing team if it's the case.
You play nice football consistently I'll admit that OK, but where the hell does this "we are the best pound for pound team" come from? So not only are you making up your own trophies you're also stealing titles from boxing and Manny Pacquiao. Its laughable it really is.

As that commanding officer says on top gun, "your ego is writting checks your body/team can't cash". United are the champions, they are the best team and that is the end of it. If you win in May then talk about being the best team but until then...........

(oh and above about the needing two goals I meant to cancel out the away goals UNLESS Barce don't score, sorry it was late).

Last edited by skeg; 02-04-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Arsenal dont let me down tonight.