General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Just Cause 2

Search this Thread

Old 30-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Just Cause 2

If you are thinking of buying this title I would advise you too avoid at all costs!

After playing the demo I was quite looking forward to this title. However, after an hour of play you soon get bored.

The huge map rapidly goes from impressive to a complete grind. Spending 45 minutes to travel 15km to an objective only to die about 10 metres from it and respawning back at your start point 15km away.

The game has a rather unimpressive 12 weapons which are all available from the word go as you pick them up from dead enemies. Once you unlock them in the "black market" menu you soon realise you have to do 5 missions to earn enough money to buy 3 grenades.

The enemy bases dotted around are all the same with the only destructable buildings being fuel tanks/comms towers and gaurd towers, which will explode with a few rounds from a pistol, yet placing c4 on a random wodden hut will not even leave a mark.

The grappling hook and parachute are great fun, for about 30 minutes, then the novelty soon wears off.

Also the game is far from finished, items/enemies/scenery just disappearing, driving a lorry knocking down tree's only to be stopped in your tracks by one fence post that has decided to become invincible etc etc.

Shame really, from the outset looked to be a great game, in reality, its just a dull grind with no progression what so ever.
Old 30-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Puss2
Formerly know as Puss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the review after playing the demo i downloaded was going to buy this at the weekend wont bother now
Old 30-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by puss
Thanks for the review after playing the demo i downloaded was going to buy this at the weekend wont bother now
Yeah, its a real let down.

If you want a good sandbox style romp around I would reccomend mercs 2.
Old 30-03-2010, 10:53 PM
CF20
RS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always rent out before i buy
Old 30-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by CF20
i always rent out before i buy
I just use gamestation for the 10 day return policy. Yeah the refund goes on a store card, but the money is then there for a game I may like.

This will be going back 2moro and store credit on my card until splinter cell is out.
Old 31-03-2010, 08:37 AM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got this yesterday and played for about an hour, thought it was ok, but must admit I found myself thinking I prefered Mercs 2. Will give it more of a go though, like you say, I have 10 days to change my mind!
Old 31-03-2010, 08:38 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Shame, at looked like loads of fun in the demo - Like standing on gas cannisters and shooting them!
Old 31-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Zetecfiesta
PassionFord Post Whore!!

my bro's got it and we both agree its jsut boring after a while! get metro 2033, good game just not very long!
Old 31-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

I got it last friday, it can be quite fun @ times, Kinda like GTA in away

Its quite easy too, it got a good review everywhere tho
Old 31-03-2010, 11:06 AM
lead_foot
is awesome

It's a 'fun' game not be taken too seriously. I think it's everything that GTA4 should of been. Most annoying thing is lack of ammo in the special guns but the rumor is the new patch will have to option to buy ammo.
Old 31-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Slaney21
Roflmaowtfbbqhax!

had the first one on the ps2.........My honest opinion was quite simply "dog shit". Completed it way too quickly and in general the game felt so basic and lacking in any real involvement(sp?)

played the demo for just cause 2 and i can again honestly say the same thing. There seems to be little to no improvement from the 1st one and what the fuck is up with the bodies jumping slightly when you shoot someone?

landscapes in the game is about the only plus i can give it. Other then that i would say avoid at all costs.
Old 31-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Shame, at looked like loads of fun in the demo - Like standing on gas cannisters and shooting them!
yeah its is fun. For a very short time. Then the ideas of strapping yourself to explosives etc soon gets tired and thats when you realise the game doesn't really have anything going for it at all.
Old 31-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by lead_foot
It's a 'fun' game not be taken too seriously. I think it's everything that GTA4 should of been. Most annoying thing is lack of ammo in the special guns but the rumor is the new patch will have to option to buy ammo.
I agree which is why I though saints row 2 was so much better than gta4, it had progression and was pretty funny.

However, just cause 2 is fun for a bit, then everything just becomes annoying. After 3-4 hours you just run out of things to do so you start working your way through the mission which are either "blow up this" or "baby sit this retard AI that keeps running into enemy fire causing you to restart the mission over and over again"
The thing is, there is no reason to do the missions. The voice acting is almost as weak as the story, and there is nothing for you to aim for.

Unfortuantely for me I got the "limited edition" version of the game, which came with a load of extra's, unfortunately these where the best weapons/vehicle's in the game, fully upgraded from the start. Which made the hunt for parts etc pointless as well.
Old 31-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Big-Dan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
I agree which is why I though saints row 2 was so much better than gta4, it had progression and was pretty funny.

However, just cause 2 is fun for a bit, then everything just becomes annoying. After 3-4 hours you just run out of things to do so you start working your way through the mission which are either "blow up this" or "baby sit this retard AI that keeps running into enemy fire causing you to restart the mission over and over again"
The thing is, there is no reason to do the missions. The voice acting is almost as weak as the story, and there is nothing for you to aim for.

Unfortuantely for me I got the "limited edition" version of the game, which came with a load of extra's, unfortunately these where the best weapons/vehicle's in the game, fully upgraded from the start. Which made the hunt for parts etc pointless as well.
I thought the demo was pretty cool, had no intention of buying the full game though.

Which console have you bought it for Chop? I read that the scenery issues don't occur on the PS3?

Big-Dan.
Old 31-03-2010, 01:27 PM
FasterFords
Advanced PassionFord User

Have you tried Borderlands ?

I love this game, lots to do and leveling up unlocks more weapons and skills. Can easily take a couple of months to finish.
Old 31-03-2010, 01:31 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

It's like Fallout 3 isn't it?
Old 31-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Big-Dan
I thought the demo was pretty cool, had no intention of buying the full game though.

Which console have you bought it for Chop? I read that the scenery issues don't occur on the PS3?

Big-Dan.
I got it for 360. So you may well be right with that one. Still there is so many other issues with the game the scenery is bottom of the list of gripes lol

Originally Posted by FasterFords
Have you tried Borderlands ?

I love this game, lots to do and leveling up unlocks more weapons and skills. Can easily take a couple of months to finish.
Yeah borderlands was pretty good. Only worked with online 4 player though. Bit of an exageration there. It took me and a few mates about 2-3 weeks of online play to finish it 100%

It's like Fallout 3 isn't it?
Not at all, Fallout 3 is an open world story driven rpg. Borderlands is more of a fps. Yeah there is character classes that have upgradble elements but it is no where near the depth and detail of fallout 3.

Borderlands consists of go here, shoot this. Only a few spoken words the rest is delivered through text. The people you meet are only there to tell you what to do.
Fallout 3 has places of interest, people to meet, a trading system, NPC characters that have back stories and can help you with yours.

Fallout 3 is a huge FPS RPG adventure game.
Borderlands is a co-op multiplayer FPS.
Old 31-03-2010, 01:55 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fallout 3 is my favorite game of all time.
Old 31-03-2010, 02:25 PM
FasterFords
Advanced PassionFord User

Thats odd, I didn't like Fallout 3 and love Borderlands, either single player or multiplayer. Bought it December and am still playing it now. General Knoxx DLC is good too.
Old 31-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by FasterFords
Thats odd, I didn't like Fallout 3 and love Borderlands, either single player or multiplayer. Bought it December and am still playing it now. General Knoxx DLC is good too.
Borderlands was rubbish on single player as one charcter class wasn't enough to progress. Made the game really tough in places as your abilities are limited.
Yeah I was thinking of getting that Knoxx DLC, just trying to convince my mates that i played through the game with to get it as well. They got the other two DLC's and they were pants lol
Old 31-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Nomaderst
Fallout 3 is my favorite game of all time.
On the PC it was amazing with all the mods that people have worked on. Thousands and thousands of improvments. Some mods have over 100 real world weapons all upgradeable. New story based missions, dynamic weather, realistic damage modeling, any type of clothing armour you can think of. Vehicles, and other methods of transport. Naked female textures, the addition of strip clubs and brothels.

Then there is full conversion mods that turn the whole game into termintor rise of the machines, warhammer, the first fallout.

There is pretty much anything you could possibly want for fallout3 up for free download.
Old 31-03-2010, 03:10 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
On the PC it was amazing with all the mods that people have worked on. Thousands and thousands of improvments. Some mods have over 100 real world weapons all upgradeable. New story based missions, dynamic weather, realistic damage modeling, any type of clothing armour you can think of. Vehicles, and other methods of transport. Naked female textures, the addition of strip clubs and brothels.

Then there is full conversion mods that turn the whole game into termintor rise of the machines, warhammer, the first fallout.

There is pretty much anything you could possibly want for fallout3 up for free download.
Links to the mods?

this one?

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/
Old 31-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Links to the mods?

this one?

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/
I think nexus is a membership required website to anything over 50mb.

I just googled fallout 3 mods/files. there is hundred's of website. Get yourself the mod manager as well, so if you have two mods that conflict you can just tick the box to remove them rather than having to delete the files manually and end up corrupting game files resulting in a re-install.
Old 31-03-2010, 04:11 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Have people got the new map pack for Mw2 (xbox 360 of course) ?
Old 31-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by skeg
Have people got the new map pack for Mw2 (xbox 360 of course) ?
One of my friend's on XBL has it. Does not rate it at all. He said two of the maps are pretty rubbsih, especially the tiny little junk yard one. The other large multi level map is ok. He said its definately not worth the £10 price tag though.
Old 31-03-2010, 07:24 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I know its an old map but I nearly wet my pants when playing on Overgrown using my WA2000 with thermal scope and sleight of hand over the top of the fence aiming at all the flies in that grandmas house.

2 of the new ones are good iMO, the massive one and the one with the pool. Not keen on the scrapyard one as its a grenade launch fest.
Old 31-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I've just discovered MGS4 - now that is an incredible game..