General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ford fiesta mk6 1.4 zetec.

Search this Thread

Old 26-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Koreym
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford fiesta mk6 1.4 zetec.

Hi guys just wondering what everyones opinions are on mk6 fiesta's.

I currently have a 1.2 Ibiza on a 54 plate, its nice and all but im looking for something new now.

How does the 1.4 zetec stack up performance wise? is it fairly quick or? Also i know its a stupid question but how is the stock car audio in the fiesta? In my ibiza the quality and bass is fairly good.

Thanks for any help.

Korey
Old 26-03-2010, 04:10 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

My mrs has a mk6 1.4, its an alright car. I personally find the seats very uncomfortable if I'm in them for more than half an hour (but I'm 6' 3).

Sound system is alright for standard I suppose although its got a different headunit in it.

Just an 'alright' car really, not going to set the world on fire, but gets us about cheaply and reliably!
Old 26-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Koreym
Virgin

Yeah, does it have a cheap tacky feel to the interior or is just your average interior?
What kind of performance are we talking about? 0-60 wise? is it a slug or fairly nippy.. bare in mind im coming from a 1.2 - 3 cylinder 12v car lol.
Old 28-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Koreym
Virgin

Anyone know how it stacks up performance wise against my current car? will i notice a big difference? will it be substantial? Im a week away from buying a fiesta..
Old 28-03-2010, 12:16 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nippy little car, be quicker then the Ibiza for sure. Some people mod them with exhaust and airfilters.

The Mk6 1.4 is only 78bhp compared to the old mk4/5 which were 90bhp.

Won't beat alot of cars but once their moving it's not to bad. Watch out for seat handles as these snap so take it easy when pulling them. Clutches have a habit of messing up near the pedal end, this was a recall on some due to the spring coming off the pedal.

Coil Packs can fail, this will make the EML light come and performance go. Will Missfire due to it.

For the headunit you can change to either a single DIN unit or double DIN, Autoleads do a conversion kit in which you cut the 2 bars where the unit goes in. The standard speakers work well with a small 10inch sub if you want some extra bass.