General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: DO i log on to twitface?
Go on give it a chance
55.81%
Stick to my guns and remember why i kept slagging it off.
44.19%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Big Dilemma -Facebook

Search this Thread

Old 18-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Big Dilemma -Facebook

Wank flaps! my connection just wiped this fucking post...anyway

Now i've voice my opinion many times on "social networking" sites. In general i HATE them. Usually refer to FB as twitface
Too many nosy cunts get upset when so and so is doing such and such etc etc. I hate when people talk of having millions of "friends". I always doubt how many are actual friends I hate when people use the bit that says what you're doing to say "its raining today", or "i've just had a big steamy shit". It's all a bit ASWish to me. It's not big or clever.

So what has my cousin gone and done? Fucking signed me up using my name I don't know if anything is written there as i've refused to sign in He used my email addy and gave me the password. Now 20 odd people have added me. I do know them all and they include people here, you know who you are THere are a couple of random ex school aquaintances also that is weird, see the millions of friends comments above

I can understand the aspect of keeping in touch or sharing pics etc but sometimes think why not phone, email etc.

So my dilemma is do i give in and login or stick to my guns and say no to twitface?

How many other folk actually use it?

Chop
Old 18-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I got sent a "you may know this person" type request for you off someone funnily enough.

Do what I do with facebook, just only ever sign in if you get sent a message or want to message someone, its a great online address book, and you dont have to engage in any of the social shite at all, I have never played a game on it or any of that crap and I very very rarely am bored enough to read status updates etc.

Just cause you are signed up doesnt mean you have to use it constantly, I probably go on there for 5 mins a fortnight at most, and even with that little use its still a useful resource for keeping in touch with people.

Last edited by Chip; 18-03-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 18-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lies, you signed yourself up, didn't you??

I use it, its ok. LOADS of ASW's as you say and you get random cunts from school/old jobs who you hated at the time adding you too.
Old 18-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I slagged it to fuck when it came out, said similar. Ranted about "if some cunt wants to send me a beer or a hug they can do it in person or cock off"

But then, after a while it becomes useful. I use it loads. For work and for social.

Helps me loads as i'm stuck in the countryside with family up North and friends all over. It's cool for keepin' tabs on people and droppin' them a quick message rather than a phone. It works....but i call it facewank still.
Old 18-03-2010, 12:52 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

if you stopped uisng it then there is a reason

and you can still delete your profile if you want to go in as a random
Old 18-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Chip
I got sent a "you may know this person" type request for you off someone funnily enough.

Do what I do with facebook, just only ever sign in if you get sent a message or want to message someone, its a great online address book, and you dont have to engage in any of the social shite at all, I have never played a game on it or any of that crap and I very very rarely am bored enough to read status updates etc.

Just cause you are signed up doesnt mean you have to use it constantly, I probably go on there for 5 mins a fortnight at most, and even with that little use its still a useful resource for keeping in touch with people.
So people chose to forward you my name? Thats how it works? People send suggestions? Or twitface does it for you?

What you're saying is how i would use it if i give in.

Originally Posted by Coldo
Lies, you signed yourself up, didn't you??

I use it, its ok. LOADS of ASW's as you say and you get random cunts from school/old jobs who you hated at the time adding you too.
Rah no i fucking never

Originally Posted by Neil@FastFord
I slagged it to fuck when it came out, said similar. Ranted about "if some cunt wants to send me a beer or a hug they can do it in person or cock off"

But then, after a while it becomes useful. I use it loads. For work and for social.

Helps me loads as i'm stuck in the countryside with family up North and friends all over. It's cool for keepin' tabs on people and droppin' them a quick message rather than a phone. It works....but i call it facewank still.
Fuck that sounds exactly like what i think and how i may proceed
Old 18-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by dojj
if you stopped uisng it then there is a reason
If who stopped using what?

If the answer is me then re read the post

Trending Topics

Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Chop....fight it all you want....i dug my heels in and was totally adamant.

It got me
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Give it a go and limit the number of friends you have. My general rule is to only accept someone to be your 'friend' if you'd be willing to have them come round your house! That way you'll not mind hearing what they've been up to.

I get asked to be 'friends' with people who (I presume) read the mag, but I've never met/spoke to. I just don't accept them so don't have to put up with status updates from complete strangers.

As a tool for keeping in touch with mates/family it's cool.

Wish I could work out how to turn off notifications about all the games people play though. No matter how well I know someone I really couldn't give a shit how much someone scores on 'Bedazzled' or whatever.

Last edited by DanW@FastFord; 18-03-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 18-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

ps who is Rob Welsh? I know there is a Rob W on here?

Should i know and now look like a dick?
Old 18-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

It got me

Old 18-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Lambchop
So people chose to forward you my name? Thats how it works? People send suggestions? Or twitface does it for you?
Bit of both mate, you can add your MSN list etc if you have one and it will look for people on there, and it takes guesses that if lots of people you know know someone you might know them and suggests them, in this case though it was by someone specific, I got an email saying:

Steven Ross-Watt suggests you add Steve Lamb as a friend on Facebook.
Old 18-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Bit of both mate, you can add your MSN list etc if you have one and it will look for people on there, and it takes guesses that if lots of people you know know someone you might know them and suggests them, in this case though it was by someone specific, I got an email saying:

interesting. like fuck i'm using my msn list though!
Old 18-03-2010, 01:00 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Similar situation i was in last year, vowed NEVER to join facebook or twitter, but ended up offshore and got really bored and signed up to facebook. Have never been on twitter though and i must go on facebook once a month at most.
Old 18-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Give it a go and limit the number of friends you have. My general rule us to only accept someone to be your 'friend' if you'd be willing to have them come round your house! That way you'll not mind hearing what they've been up to.
Originally I used to only add people who actually are my friends in real life too, but these days I just tend to click accept if its anyone I know from forums and stuff as well, I almost never read anyones status updates anyway so makes no difference to me if I have both friends and aquiatainces on there anyway, I literally just use it as an address book and ignore everything else really.

Wish I could work out how to turn off notifications about all the games people play though. No matter how well I know someone I really couldn't give a shit how much someone scores on 'Bedazzled' or whatever.
Agreed, everytime I do ever venture onto the status updates it tells me that "dojj has requested your help to mug a little old lady in mafia wars" or whatever it is or that "steve has 24 sheep on his farm"
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

yea i'd say go with it it's good for keeping up with friends and saying hello without the having to reply straight away problem.

good pionts are things like distant family i have just got into contact with most my cousins, ones in america including my aunt and then my cousins that i lost contact with in london i hadn't spoke to them in over 10 years, they found me and we now chat and are going for a drink and a catch up.

another is i have a mate thats just gone to hong kong cos of family problems and the phone bills are a joke so facewank is good to talk to him there as it's free

theres loads of good reasons to use it and with the ASW issues i just ignore there statuses or like i have a few times just delete there friend connections when the get annoying, mostly women by the way
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by rog
Similar situation i was in last year, vowed NEVER to join facebook or twitter, but ended up offshore and got really bored and signed up to facebook. Have never been on twitter though and i must go on facebook once a month at most.

At least from the "rules" above then i could add you as you come to my house lol
Old 18-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Chip

interesting. like fuck i'm using my msn list though!
Yeah you need to be a bit careful that the people you dont want to know who you are fucking dont find out who you are fucking.

Turn your "wall" off too, that way no one can post on there that they enjoyed shagging you last night etc when someone you dont want to know might spot it.
Old 18-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Another Q.

If i reject someone do they get a big *WARNING* reply stating i dont want to be friends and then hence upsetting them or does it fly under the radar and go un noticed?
Old 18-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Yeah you need to be a bit careful that the people you dont want to know who you are fucking dont find out who you are fucking.

Turn your "wall" off too, that way no one can post on there that they enjoyed shagging you last night etc when someone you dont want to know might spot it.

AFPMSL

can sheep type?
Old 18-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Kverna
Virgin-popper

It's a great way to keep all my phonenumbers in one place. My phone(android) connects with facebook and downloads every number on there, so I got all of them on my phone, if I ever needed them. And I can sync pictures for callID's.

Give it a try, simple as that

EDIT: They will not get a notice if you dont want to become friends
Old 18-03-2010, 01:07 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Another Q.

If i reject someone do they get a big *WARNING* reply stating i dont want to be friends and then hence upsetting them or does it fly under the radar and go un noticed?
Dunno, but i generally accept anyone with tits, and don't worry about the rest, i find that works pretty well for me.
Old 18-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Chip

Another Q.

Ive rejected loads of requests and never had anyone mention it, I dont think it bothers to tell you when someone rejects you as ive only ever had an email when someone accepts, so I think they just dont know if you havent seen it yet or rejected.
Old 18-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Chip

AFPMSL

can sheep type?
Ive never seen a message from one on spikey's wall, so I assume not.
Old 18-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 120 Posts

Don't do it....................
Old 18-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Ok so i know now. I never knew his last name
Old 18-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Easy. hover over DELETE, press it, then it asks you if you wish to delete just this one, or every instance of it forever.
Old 18-03-2010, 01:33 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

but i call it facewank still.
You stole that off me!!!!
Old 18-03-2010, 01:33 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Easy. hover over DELETE, press it, then it asks you if you wish to delete just this one, or every instance of it forever.
Old 18-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

It got me
What worries me, is all the tarts I know, You know
Old 18-03-2010, 01:41 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

chip you used have a friend of mine on your facebook until he deleted his account and when i asked how he knew you he said you used to come down hollyhead road in coventry years ago and hang out in mcdonalds with us lot when we where down there in our youths about 11 years ago
Old 18-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by squizxr
You stole that off me!!!!

WTF!! How?? Freak!

You were'nt in the room when i said it, you have no wit, and are retarded.

You're just thinking of your lifestyle....take the balls off your face, you can't see what's goin' on in front of you.

HAHA...G, aye, there are some mega sluts. But, hey, let's not complain about them.
Old 18-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Luca
Lukesville

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It works....but i call it facewank still.
Only as that is what you get back out of it

Fan of cottaging I see Neil
Old 18-03-2010, 01:56 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Chop, did you ever have a Bebo account?
Old 18-03-2010, 01:57 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

WTF!! How?? Freak!

You were'nt in the room when i said it, you have no wit, and are retarded.

You're just thinking of your lifestyle....take the balls off your face, you can't see what's goin' on in front of you.

HAHA...G, aye, there are some mega sluts. But, hey, let's not complain about them.

ha ha get fucked Mancsy!! You wish you could have come up with a name as good as that!!! My lifestyle, lets rewind to last sat 'you can stay in my hotel room if you two want, room 212, will be a laugh' and you must have asked us at least half a dozen times!! I have witnesses too
Old 18-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Luca
Lukesville

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by squizxr
ha ha get fucked Mancsy!! You wish you could have come up with a name as good as that!!! My lifestyle, lets rewind to last sat 'you can stay in my hotel room if you two want, room 212, will be a laugh' and you must have asked us at least half a dozen times!! I have witnesses too

He does this to everyone!!!

I was 400 miles from home though, a night I shall never forget!
Old 18-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Lee_R21Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yes you should know, you are a dick.....its The Diva!!!
Old 18-03-2010, 02:06 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use it for mainly keeping people updated on the boys, and i have literally just 'friends' on there, i dont have any riff raff on mine

My privacy settings are all high, so unless you know me, you aint getting a friend request exceptance.

you have to be careful as there are nosey twats out there, just make sure the people you do have on there are friends.
Old 18-03-2010, 02:07 PM
rstoughy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I have an account and use it every now and then.

My missus on the other hand seems to be on it all the time

Is good and bad but i deleated loads of the games stuff and the likes off mine.
Old 18-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

hahahahahaha you lying cunt!

I offered as you were gonna sleep in a Mk1 in a carpark....like a tramp. A gay one.

*obviously directed at squiz* phone rang when i started the abuse.

Squiz, do one...don't spam the thread, bring it on FB and have me ridicule you in front of your close friends and family

haha, cock!

Last edited by Neil@FastFord; 18-03-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Big Dilemma -Facebook