General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Need a home for my Staffie's

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 08:33 PM
philyS2
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a home for my Staffie's

My wife and i are expecting our 3rd child in october but we have two boistrious male staffies.We wont be able to put the baby on the floor with the dogs bouncing around, so after much heart break and tears from the wife we feel we need to find the dogs a new loving home.
1st satffie is 3 years old,brindle in colour and of big build very good natured great with kids
2nd staffie is still a pup at a year old,white with patches of brindle.The pup is a little asbo always chewing his bed or dog bowl(which is metal).again great with the kids
I dont need any chew from ppl telling me i should keep them its just not feesible,i really want them to go to a loving home and they need to stay together as they have a strong bond between them. i will post pics up tomorrow
Old 10-03-2010, 08:43 PM
adam151082
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

must be deverstating givingour pet dog's away. hope they get a super home.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:43 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by philyS2
My wife and i are expecting our 3rd child in october but we have two boistrious male staffies.We wont be able to put the baby on the floor with the dogs bouncing around, so after much heart break and tears from the wife we feel we need to find the dogs a new loving home.
1st satffie is 3 years old,brindle in colour and of big build very good natured great with kids
2nd staffie is still a pup at a year old,white with patches of brindle.The pup is a little asbo always chewing his bed or dog bowl(which is metal).again great with the kids
I dont need any chew from ppl telling me i should keep them its just not feesible,i really want them to go to a loving home and they need to stay together as they have a strong bond between them. i will post pics up tomorrow
Sorry mate but you're gonna get some. You haven't even given the dogs a chance,they might surprise you, they aint called nanny dogs for nothing. You could always keep the dogs in a separate room like the kitchen whilst the baby is out and then bring them into the rest of the house when the baby is in bed.
I couldn't get rid of my dog without giving him a chance first.

Last edited by STAFFY OWNER; 10-03-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:44 PM
dangerousbrian
Advanced PassionFord User

i know you say you dont want any people telling you to keep them, but i was in the same position as you not long back..ive got a boxer and they dont come any more boisterous and flighty as them..anyway i needed to make the decision, and it was killing me just thinking about getting rid..kept him in the end and all worked out well as they get on mint together..sorry thats not what you wanted to hear but thought i would share..good luck whatever you do and congrats on the baby
Old 10-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Female)
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to agree my old staff was 8 ish when i had my little girl and he was always jumping and hyper but when the little girl came home he was so good with her.

How are they with your other 2 kids?
Old 10-03-2010, 08:48 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sorry mate also forgot to congratulate you on the forthcoming baby on my earlier post. Whatever you decide to do hope everything goes well for your baby and your wife.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats mate to be fair i understand what your saying you want the new arrival to be safe but i couldnt get rid of one of my pets without giving them a try at least

Trending Topics

Old 10-03-2010, 08:53 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

Staffies are great dogs and yeah thats right they are Nanny dogs and so good with childrn as long as a clown hasnt fknd there head shame you have to let them gobut iam sure you will make someone very happy though
Old 10-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This aint a dig at you but hell I have just had to give mine a good fuss after reading this.I have two staffs dog 8yrs and bitch 4an a half yrs.I have kids but they are 10 and 11.
One of my mates had 2 staffs whilst his 3 kids grew from babies and the dogs followed the kids everywhere and I mean everywhere bed and everything.It got too the point as if my mates 4year old lad set one of the dogs on you you were screwed.No one else could get her to do anything They can take a good poke in the eye or earpulling from kids and not be bothered one bit.Good luck with what you decide on.
Sorry how rude of me,gongrats on the newborn too.

Last edited by Rax; 10-03-2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: rudeness
Old 10-03-2010, 08:57 PM
philyS2
Regular Contributor

I know im guna get stick but its not just the boisterous issue,its like having 2 testosterone fueled wrestlers in the front room when the pup starts on the older dog lol,when we got the dogs we wern't trying or wanting more kids.You cant put the dogs in the kitchen when the babys out as the kitchen is tiny again its not fair on the dogs.I thought about that but the house aint that big
Old 10-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I know im guna get stick but its not just the boisterous issue,its like having 2 testosterone fueled wrestlers in the front room when the pup starts on the older dog lol,when we got the dogs we wern't trying or wanting more kids.You cant put the dogs in the kitchen when the babys out as the kitchen is tiny again its not fair on the dogs.I thought about that but the house aint that big

Mine can be the same sometimes its like having 4 kids in the house
Old 10-03-2010, 09:00 PM
philyS2
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all the congrarts,was a shock when the wife told me,
Old 10-03-2010, 09:00 PM
gareth82
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

i was the same as u m8 soon my lass had the baby i was guna get rid of my 2 yr old staffie bt i pt a safety gate up in the and kept them out the room when the baby was there
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't think anyone's got any right to tell you you're doing the wrong thing. Wanting the best possible environment in which to bring a baby should be applauded not condoned.

Congrats BTW!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:08 PM
philyS2
Regular Contributor

cheers dan
Old 10-03-2010, 09:15 PM
dangerousbrian

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
I don't think anyone's got any right to tell you you're doing the wrong thing. Wanting the best possible environment in which to bring a baby should be applauded not condoned.

Congrats BTW!
whilst what your saying is true, nobody has said what hes doing is wrong
Old 10-03-2010, 09:17 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Congrats BTW!
Nobody is saying he is doing wrong we're just trying to offer some friendly words of advice and alternatives.
By the way i think you meant to say condemmed not condoned.

Bollocks dangerousbrian just beat me to the post.

Last edited by STAFFY OWNER; 10-03-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Rs(555)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

congrats,hard choice all round ,,think i would try and keep the dogs ,hope they find good home
Old 10-03-2010, 09:57 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

id rehome the younger one.a mature staff should be the perfect dog round a child.two male staffs in the same house isnt the best to start with.all the best with rehoming them as if you care for them then i know how much it must kill you to do it.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:39 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
Nobody is saying he is doing wrong we're just trying to offer some friendly words of advice and alternatives.
By the way i think you meant to say condemmed not condoned.
You said 'he's not even giving the dogs a chance' which reads as a negative comment. It's utterly clear that you love your dogs to pieces, but when you've got a baby you don't want to leave anything to chance - even if your dog has been perfectly behaved for 10 years doesn't mean it will never ever act up. And no, I'm not saying it because of the breed, I'm saying it because I respect the very tough decision he has made, and I personally believe it's the right decision in his instance.

And yes, thanks for the correction, I did mean condemned!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:43 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Agree with Dan, there putting the baby's welfare first and maybe difficult to have the baby and the younger dog apart at all times, would be very hard work and draining. This is coming from a owner of 2 bulldogs the original breed dog to be known to look after children in Victorian times so understand well.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You said 'he's not even giving the dogs a chance' which reads as a negative comment. It's utterly clear that you love your dogs to pieces, but when you've got a baby you don't want to leave anything to chance - even if your dog has been perfectly behaved for 10 years doesn't mean it will never ever act up. And no, I'm not saying it because of the breed, I'm saying it because I respect the very tough decision he has made, and I personally believe it's the right decision in his instance.

And yes, thanks for the correction, I did mean condemned!
I understand & respect what you are saying Dan, it just breaks my heart to see these dogs split from their family. A friend works for a Stafford rescue/rehoming organisation and it grieves me to see how many there are that need new owners.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:54 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
I understand & respect what you are saying Dan, it just breaks my heart to see these dogs split from their family. A friend works for a Stafford rescue/rehoming organisation and it grieves me to see how many there are that need new owners.
Not a nice thought at all fully agree. Though he is doing it for his new born and can fully understand his concern. Least he is looking for good homes and not just chucking them on the streets like plenty would. So lets take some positives out of this and hopefully the staffy rescue will not have two more poor staffies.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:59 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by john
Not a nice thought at all fully agree. Though he is doing it for his new born and can fully understand his concern. Least he is looking for good homes and not just chucking them on the streets like plenty would. So lets take some positives out of this and hopefully the staffy rescue will not have two more poor staffies.
Totally agree & full credit to him for that.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:02 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

get some pics up mate there gorgeous dogs
Old 10-03-2010, 11:22 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

i understand the guys motives and fair play to him, not something i would ever consider, no matter what, give them a chance at least?
Old 10-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Readie Si
Part of the Furniture

congrats on the news hard choice to make but fair play for doing so shows you have the babys best interests at heart.

what are the dogs like with furniture? and other dogs? im interested in taking them off your hands, i love dogs grew up with two english bull terriers and have wanted anouther dog since, i look after my mates staff on the occasional weekend when she has a rugby match away
Old 10-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Caprigirl
Drift Queen

Congratulations

I feel gutted for you having to make this heart rendering decision , my rottweiler used to sleep with her paws on the basket below the pram so that nobody could get near them. She was really protective of the kids, she used to lie on the floor and they climbed on her and just got up and moved away if she was fed up.

I understand that you don't want to put your child at risk , and Its a rock and a hard place situation but its your choice and be proud for being responsible regarding re homing them .

I hope it all works out for you
Old 11-03-2010, 07:42 AM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i had 2 staffies at home when my little girl was born-1 bitch at 12 months old and the dog at 5 years old.both neutered.
they were great with the baby,but we ended up giving the male to my mum and dad when she was trying to walk as he was always boisterous and sometimes pushed her down.the bitch has always been very soft with her.
my dog was always over friendly,and still is now at my mums with my other 12 year old staffie.he just likes attention........
i was lucky because my parents helped out,but if i hadnt of had the option i would still have the 2 dogs at home now,and im pretty sure everything would have been fine.
i dont think you could get better dogs with children,if the dogs have been brought up correctly
Old 11-03-2010, 04:31 PM
philyS2
Regular Contributor

The dogs have been brought up correctly,both just laid on the fllor with my 7year old son,the young 1 is good with other dogs but id be unsure with the older 1,young dog is a rwat for chewing his and the older dogs bed and anything else that is left on the floor.The furniture has benn left alone apart from the wooden garden furniture lol.The young dog has had his nuts done but still aint calmed him down,if i get some pics can some one post them for me.Its not just my concern about the dogs,my wife got very upset about letting them go as she bought them because our last 1 got put down due too ill health but she is worried she wont be able to cope with 2 dogs and a newborn child when im at work durring the day,Its a very hard decission to make
Old 11-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

silly question but have they been neutered?!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:37 PM
philyS2
Regular Contributor

young staffie has mate,the older 1 still has it all there
Old 11-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The pup is a little asbo always chewing his bed or dog bowl(which is metal).again great with the kids

wtf kind of way is that to describe a dog? from that i read that that he's a right little bastard. why the hell would anyone want a fucking asbo dog? jesus!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:17 PM
philyS2
Regular Contributor

no he's not a little bastard just a handful being still young,as in you u turn your back and he's in the bin or eating his bed
Old 11-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

no he's not a little bastard just a handful being still young,as in you u turn your back and he's in the bin or eating his bed

A yr old and still not trained? Surely they shouldn't be doing what you don't want?

Asbo
Old 11-03-2010, 08:28 PM
philyS2
Regular Contributor

yeh he is trained but at a year old he still inquisitive,asbo is just somethink i call him at home as a nickname,real name joey,your reading to much into it mate,all staffies that ive had or known chew things.my next door neighbors staffie used to chew the decking lol
Old 11-03-2010, 08:32 PM
philyS2
Regular Contributor

and its only the young dog
Old 11-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lambchop
A yr old and still not trained? Surely they shouldn't be doing what you don't want?

Asbo

just cos a dogs a year old doesnt mean its gonna be a saint!!!

Eg our maddie is over a year old now, she sits on command, waits, is good off a lead etc and comes back when u call her, come dinner time she'll sit there all be it dribbling till u give her the command to have her dinner but she is extreemly inteligent and has a mind of her own, as said similar to above if u leave her in a room on her own eg the kitchen, anything on the sides she'll have on the floor and eat/chew, take stuff out the bin etc etc. Just the way she is!! doesnt help her being so tall lol
Old 12-03-2010, 08:18 AM
frs2208
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Have you any pic's of them?
Old 12-03-2010, 04:45 PM
steanlol
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great just take the easy way out and get rid of the dogs , hey if the kids get a bit boisterous get rid of them too , after all they cant mean anything to you .
Guess some people have never heard of traning and only want some kind of dogs for the status and when they had enough they just get rid .
Get a life next time instead of an animal .

Quick Reply: Need a home for my Staffie's