General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ice Hockey Final

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 12:40 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a bit crap really in this country, it just doesn't get as much media coverage as other games....which in comparison are uber-boring and you don't get to hit people or fight like you do in hockey. Speed, skill, violence and none of this hitting the deck doing a Ronaldo trying to get a penalty

I advise anyone who hasn't been to a hockey match to actually go, very good competative Superleague here in the U.K. with great teams like the Cardiff Devils etc. most teams have ex-NHL players and players that will eventually end up in the NHL
Old 01-03-2010, 09:48 PM
pacwest
Puller of the Wrench

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Britain won the Gold Medal in ice hockey in 1936. Time to step it up boys.

Yeah it's hard to convey how serious people here take this. Living beside that nasty, loud, next door neighbour who can't spell or shut up about how great they are - we try to carve out an identity that people can recognise. I bet if I went to the UK today 4 out of 5 of you would think I was American. Hockey makes us not American. Think how much we cling to that.