General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Scumbags

Search this Thread

Old 16-02-2010, 11:11 PM
mitchymitch
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Scumbags

Just a litle note as i dont post on here very often. My beloved 3 dr was last night nearly no more. 've owned it for 8 yrs now 5 yrs in Durham and 3 yrs in Germany. Ive been back a week movin to a nice area in the West End of Glasgow. I went out for a cig at 22:45 and heard a commotion in the street the caretaker of the hotel im stayin in had heard something and went outside. He had just disturbed 2 scumbags paying more than just attention to my car. The passenger door lock had been gouged out very crudely and the barrel had been pulled out. With the alarm going off the bonnet was popped and ready to be lifted to try and dissarm it (which wouldnt have happened cos its not located there) and seeing the caretaker they were off down the road to a waiting car and dissapeared. I just saw the car driving away. I recon another 2 mins and it would have been gone and within hours in bits as they obviously wanted the car as nothing else has been touched. This could so easily have been another 3 dr off the planet just for some scumbags to make probably a couple of hundred quid. I've nowt against the Scots but it didnt take them long to locate it as i've only drove it twice since getting here. They knew what they wanted and what they were doing. Thing is i honestly thought that although still desirable that these cars were left well alone hence parked for 5 yrs in Durham outside my house without any interest whatsoever. It's got print dust all over it now hopefully to get a result but im not holding out so time to rethink the security problem. I had a 3 dr before this 1 which had a barrel device on it which was mint it covered the whole shroud you couldnt snap or pull the barrel or remove the device without a cutting tool but havent seen one since. I'll keep looking.

Very sad and angry Mitch
Old 16-02-2010, 11:21 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mate i'm gutted for you, i think you've shit out at the mo though as you cant really put any physical devices in the hotel, what they got?
Old 16-02-2010, 11:30 PM
mitchymitch

Unhappy

Sorry m8 but you've lost me there i was talking about a device on the car the hotel has cameras but they never picked it up. Its in a secure compound now with the ecu removed on reflection should have done this as a matter of couurse as they're so easy to remove. Wouldn't stop the damage though i take that on the chin.
Old 16-02-2010, 11:32 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Didn't they film Taggart in Glasgow?
Old 16-02-2010, 11:36 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mitchymitch
Sorry m8 but you've lost me there i was talking about a device on the car the hotel has cameras but they never picked it up. Its in a secure compound now with the ecu removed on reflection should have done this as a matter of couurse as they're so easy to remove. Wouldn't stop the damage though i take that on the chin.
Cctv didnt pick it up? Thats really shit
Old 16-02-2010, 11:37 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by XRdodgybird
Didn't they film Taggart in Glasgow?
?
Old 16-02-2010, 11:41 PM
mitchymitch

If it was right outside the door then no probs. But sadly not. My wife calls this car unlucky she hates it ive just spent a lot as we all do the car was mint with a complete new paint job and now a screwdrivers put the finishing touches to it the best thing is it just passed its test at 3 in the afternoon.
Old 16-02-2010, 11:44 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

I think the only unlucky thing with the car is probably its location. The screwdrivers and scum who like to ruin new paint jobs are everywhere....

mrjenrst - I aint going to elaborate.....
Old 16-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

Gutted mate. I read in practical classics that you could just take out the rotor arm so the engine can't start (You can do this on older cars, but I think you can on these).

Shame about this.
Old 16-02-2010, 11:49 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mrjenrst - I aint going to elaborate.....
Please do, it was that far over my head it was like a red arrows fly by
Old 16-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Moonstone Mo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

had it done to me mate,know how you feel..scummy fookers are everywhere!
Old 16-02-2010, 11:51 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If it was right outside the door then no probs. But sadly not. My wife calls this car unlucky she hates it ive just spent a lot as we all do the car was mint with a complete new paint job and now a screwdrivers put the finishing touches to it the best thing is it just passed its test at 3 in the afternoon.
of course its unlucky mate its an rs
Old 16-02-2010, 11:53 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
Please do, it was that far over my head it was like a red arrows fly by
Oh come on ...... Taggart, surrounded by druggies, murderers and thieves..... "there's been a mu'der..... , he got high and, stole a cosworth and ran over a local woman"..... case closed....
Old 16-02-2010, 11:54 PM
mitchymitch

What i ment by the screwdriver was the damage to the door they couldn't get the lock out by going into the key hole and they really had a go at that so they attacked the door around it. Its bad enough but theres no other damage.
Old 16-02-2010, 11:54 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Probably someone who's seen it out then, could even have been followed back to where its parked.
Old 16-02-2010, 11:58 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Oh come on ...... Taggart, surrounded by druggies, murderers and thieves..... "there's been a mu'der..... , he got high and, stole a cosworth and ran over a local woman"..... case closed....
Ahh got ya
"der's bin anuther mu-dr sir"
Old 16-02-2010, 11:59 PM
mitchymitch

I think you could be right ive only done 6 miles in this city!!!!!!
Old 17-02-2010, 12:01 AM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
Ahh got ya
"der's bin anuther mu-dr sir"
"only dis time sir, the victim's a cosworth"

Seriously though, I know what a mess they can make of a door with a screwdriver.... the idiot that tried nicking my car ripped about 2 inch of the door with one.... I felt quite honoured that someone thought my car was good enough to put on a steal to order list but next time they'll have to get in another way cos I aint got no door locks anymore.... makes for interesting entry if the battery goes flat.....
Old 17-02-2010, 12:03 AM
mitchymitch

there prob would be a m'der if i caught the b'stards!!!
Old 17-02-2010, 12:10 AM
mitchymitch

seriously now though ive already sent 1 3dr to the big bone yard in the sky and the thought of another 1 going missing made me feel very bad i dont know how manys left but i would wager its not alot thats why my insurance is classic and only Ł130 a yr the company believes they get driven very rarely as mine has only 2400 miles in 4 yr
Old 17-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

I presume you got a decent cat 1 alarm??? Tracker next on the list if you havent got one.

The fucking scum just cant help themselves can they??
Old 17-02-2010, 02:48 AM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

you were very very lucky,glasgow is probably the worst place you could have a cossie,the wedgies will travel miles to steal a cosworth,a 3dr was stolen from near me (110 miles from glasgow) and was chased most of the way from perth to glasgow,it was last seen flat out heading into glasgow never to be seen again.if its being left on the street it will ever get left alone there,i would recommend a modded discloc.very good alarm that texts you when it goes off and maybe a tracker.i would hate to have a cossie and live in the city,especially glasgow,welcome to scotland!
Old 17-02-2010, 09:04 AM
cossiejsy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I am sorry to hear about your car and hope they catch the bastards
Old 17-02-2010, 09:11 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

At least you still have it, can't believe these are still so desireable to nick
Old 17-02-2010, 09:44 AM
H7 CYA
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It amazes me how many of these threads i read....count yourself lucky buddy you have been given the chance to up the security..others recently haven't been so fortunate.
Old 17-02-2010, 12:50 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

glasgow is the nicked car capital of the uk isnt it?

lucky you still have it.
Old 17-02-2010, 02:01 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

They sound like amateurs, if they were pro's it would have gone on a low loader
Old 17-02-2010, 03:24 PM
dingla rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

car past its test in afternoon,mot?
dont take much working out quick phone call an yourfollowed home
Old 17-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by 155lee
you were very very lucky,glasgow is probably the worst place you could have a cossie...................especially glasgow,welcome to scotland!
Good advertisement!!

Maybe we should rebuild the wall???
Old 17-02-2010, 05:13 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by squizxr
They sound like amateurs, if they were pro's it would have gone on a low loader
True!

Mine was stolen on a low loader, I know it wasnt driven as it had a blown diff at the time

Tracker got it back, along with a few good mates.
Old 17-02-2010, 06:34 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

at least you still have it fella; there's alot of scum around
Old 17-02-2010, 07:18 PM
JohnnyP
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

thiefing scum should have all there fingers broke with a lump hammer,around our way they just bend the top of the door down and get in, happened to my mk4 rs. glad you got there before it was gone fella
Old 17-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Flucker01
Xbox live: GulliblePanda

Bastards!! They tried to take my XR2 a couple year back, woke up to find the door bent open and the drivers seat tilted forward. Now you cant get near my house or cars without us knowing
Old 17-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

the caretaker of the hotel im stayin in had heard something and went outside. He had just disturbed 2 scumbags paying more than just attention to my car. I've nowt against the Scots but it didnt take them long to locate it as i've only drove it twice since getting here.
Very sad and angry Mitch
I'm sorry about what has happened to your car, but really hate it when we all get tarred with the brush of being car thieves, Glasgow car-crime capital of UK, etc etc.

It appears that Hull retained the title this year, followed by Nottingham, Bradford, Manchester and Doncaster. http://www.cravenherald.co.uk/uk_nat...table/?ref=rss

According to Moneysupermarket, there isn't a Scottish postcode in the top 20. http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/ne...spots/0006738/

TalkTalk place Alness and Aberfeldy at No13 and no 18 respectively - and anyone who has been to either will probably be as surprised as me by their inclusion. http://www.talktalk.co.uk/money/late...postcodes.html

The hotel guy may have saved your car by going out and interrupting two guys who may have had knives or whatever - how about "well done the Scottish guy that saved my car?

I did a quick search on here using Stolen as the keyword.

The first page brought up 8 other cars, a van and a motorbike plus a set of wheels, all stolen from England or Swansea (I think I'm right in saying Bortaf and D16PJM lost theirs south of the border - if not, I apologise right now)

There was a link to Scottish Old School or similar but no-one could open it without registering, but even if that is another car lost in Scotland we either don't post about our stolen cars or we are no worse than anywhere else.

Rant over
Old 17-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Tony Rs
Ebony black Sapph Cos

Really sorry to hear that mate you must be heartbroken i know i would be but i suppose you have to look at the good amongst the bad and the fact you still have her is brilliant

Tony
Old 17-02-2010, 07:53 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

some utter shite being spoken about glasgow on this thread,suitably shown to be shite by the chap above,(well said mate) i live in the west end and have every model of rs over the last 20 years without any issue, anyone with a screwdriver can steal these cars and all little scrotes EVERYWHERE know this. if youre daft enough to leave a 3 dr outside overnight in any big city in the uk then unfortunately youre tempting fate.
Old 17-02-2010, 08:00 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

where did it happen?
Old 17-02-2010, 09:10 PM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

the dialing code for glasgow is 0141honestitsnotstolenbut!
car crime is everywhere agreed but when looking at scotland glasgow would be the worst place for it and leaving a 3 door on the street will definately attract the wrong kind of attention.
Old 17-02-2010, 09:33 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi mate, Sorry to hear about your car! I'm from the west end of Glasgow, my S1 rs sat outside my house for 4years, and thank god/touch wood it never got touched once! I'd of had it garaged at all times no matter where it was, but unfortunately I dont have a garage!

I suspect it was in a location near a main road and passing scum have saw it as an oppurtunity!

Hope it's safe now, but be warned...these types of cars aint safe anywhere, if it doesnt get an attempted theft or stolen then your just plain lucky no matter where you live!
Old 17-02-2010, 09:48 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by 155lee
the dialing code for glasgow is 0141honestitsnotstolenbut!
car crime is everywhere agreed but when looking at scotland glasgow would be the worst place for it and leaving a 3 door on the street will definately attract the wrong kind of attention.
where you from in glasgow mate?

Quick Reply: Scumbags