General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

focus RS

Search this Thread

Old 15-02-2010, 06:01 PM
bcooper
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default focus RS

Hey everyone i'm new to this so bear with me...... i'm looking to buy new car soon and was lookin for some advice i've got it narrowed down to a mk 1 focus RS or year old focus ST. Personally i'd rather have the rs but would like to know other peoples fews.... good points/bad points etc to help me make up my mind.

cheers
Old 15-02-2010, 06:05 PM
rs-tuner
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a focus rs and have drove a few new st's. the rs is more of a drivers car the suspension is harsher and the front diff pulls at the steering wheel. the st is nicer to drive but less fun its what you want from the car really. but they are both quite thirsty.
Old 15-02-2010, 06:10 PM
WaynoFRS
The REAL Police.

Hello matey, welcome to Passionford. To help with your dilemma, its simple. MK1 Focus RS!!

1st - The MK1 is limited Edition - One Colour, One Trim level and a Build Number.
2nd - Its a RS and not a Volvo (ST has Volvo derived engine)
3rd - You'll turn more heads in a RS than you will a ST (how many RS's do you see on the roads compared to ST's???)

From a tuning point of view, I can only comment on the FRS (As I own one ). They are easy to mod and with only a few select bits you'll easily see 300 horses.

Servicing wise, take it to a specailist and not ford. Ford don't know anything about the FRS really.

See if you can get one with the engine map AE and not AF (Runs lean at 4500rpm *Coughs* momentarily)

But its your cash at the end of the day mate. Wouldn't have an ST. Thats my personal opinion.

Wayno.
Old 15-02-2010, 08:25 PM
cossiejsy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hello and welcome to pf

Get your self a focus rs MK1
Old 15-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Tim
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WaynoFRS
Hello matey, welcome to Passionford. To help with your dilemma, its simple. MK1 Focus RS!!

1st - The MK1 is limited Edition - One Colour, One Trim level and a Build Number.
2nd - Its a RS and not a Volvo (ST has Volvo derived engine)
3rd - You'll turn more heads in a RS than you will a ST (how many RS's do you see on the roads compared to ST's???)

From a tuning point of view, I can only comment on the FRS (As I own one ). They are easy to mod and with only a few select bits you'll easily see 300 horses.

Servicing wise, take it to a specailist and not ford. Ford don't know anything about the FRS really.

See if you can get one with the engine map AE and not AF (Runs lean at 4500rpm *Coughs* momentarily)

But its your cash at the end of the day mate. Wouldn't have an ST. Thats my personal opinion.

Wayno.
how would be able to find this out ?
tim
Old 16-02-2010, 07:10 PM
WaynoFRS
The REAL Police.

Sometimes the sticker inside the drivers door will tell you the engine code. Otherwise the only other way that I know of is to plug a WDS machine or bluefin into the car and it'll tell ya.