General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Banned for 12 months

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 04:11 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To understand what has gone off here really you need to be looking at things from the right side of the fence.

The Police have attended, your car is warm and indipendant witnesses have placed YOU driving it. You are breatalysed and your over the limit.

You attempt to account for what has happened by stating somebody else has driven. However you have not brought this person to court, or even provided a statement from them.

Then you (or somebody on your behalf) attempt to bribe the witness. Admittedly I feel the ID proceeding should of been contested. You say the witness was WITH the Police when you came over. His recollection of you may well of been from that moment, not when you were driving the car. Was the ID evidence relied on in court?

Then 4 people attend court and all give evidence of you driving.

I can see why, on the balance of things a guilty verdict was reached.

The crux of the matter is your failue to identify who was driving, if of course it was not yourself.

An appeal would be frivelous and costly unless you can provide this information.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:50 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree something not right there. If I was facing dd charge (with ban, increased premiums, poss loss of job, and social stigma etc) and it wasn't me, I'd have been bending over backwards to clear my name, not letting the courts etc shaft me.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:54 PM
rik-rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 137 Likes on 118 Posts

the tags....
Old 07-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

sounds like the OP has been owned