General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

interior heater relay ?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 03:46 PM
220TC
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior heater relay ?????

Hi,

yesterday my interior heaters decided to stop working

I have checked the fuse and its ok, I also ran a live 12v from the battery to one of the terminals on the blower unit and that worked so thats ok. I brought a new switch assembly today but they still dont work Apart from the actual wiring what else could it be ? do they have a relay anywhere ? any other fuses anywhere ?

please help as I need my interior heaters on full whack when I get stuck in traffic to keep the temp down due to my intercooler (NMS twin cossie).

cheers, Duncan
Old 06-01-2005, 03:54 PM
220TC
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually, thinking about it I've just re checked the fuse box and Im not quite sure what fuse is for the interior heaters None are blown from what I can see but can anyone confirm if there actually is a interior hearter fuse and its location
Old 06-01-2005, 04:06 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

What car you driving?

Buy an electrical test (screw driver with bulb in and an earth strap attached) on cheap and always handy.

Check there is power getting to the heater control/switch if there isn't the problem is between the power supply and the switch, try and follow the wiring back to see where it leads and test it along the way to make sure you don't have a broken wire

If it has power to it, then turn the blower to on and check power is coming from the switch to the fuse box, if not it is the switch.

At this point you'll need to find the fuse or relay it runs through to check the power into and out of that fuse or relay.

You should have found the problem by this as you say the motor is functioning, but if not make sure your getting a feed to the motor, if you are make sure the conection is good. if it is and irt's getting power, check it is earthed and it really should work.

Just start at the switch and work both ways, may need to stripp bits out to get to the electrical conections