General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Driveways - Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:19 AM
tsutton
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Missus and I both need our own cars for work. Having one car on our driveway and the other car parked elsewhere seemed stupid. So it was easier to have a new driveway so we can both park our cars next to our house.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:43 AM
project rs
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you all do know that the reason your not supposed to put/go over concrete is that on a slopped area the water over time washes the sand out from under the blocks as it can't simply sinks through and runs on the concrete underneath, you can get away with it on faily flat runs but should really make a weak sand/lime/cement mix to hold it all in place and under the new laws the concrete method is a big no no anyway so should get out of bad habits now anyway, but must say they all look lovely and glad most people are using some variety as years ago everything was standard block in 1 of the 3 patterns in brindle/charc
Old 03-02-2010, 02:39 PM
gingerturbo
The annoying ginger guy

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

me and my dad bin doing it years ill post some pics up in a bit best sugestions are, either full tumbled teggs (blocks), or a blocked edge with resin gravel inside, there are so many different options, youve got indian sandstone, block edge with brushed concrete, herringbone style block, granite sets, york sets there ae too many to list
Old 03-02-2010, 04:22 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
LOL me too mate, we might get one or two drives to do per year so its not too bad!

i dont know how you work lee but compared to extentions and other building work my dad actually makes more profit in driveways then anything else, although he only did about 10 last year
Old 03-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj

don't do tarmac, it melts in the heat of the summer and you will get lovely tread marks in it
Is that you coming out with one of your total mong comments again, I didnt know you were a mason paviour doj?

What a load of absolute garbage, maybe in Rio or somewhere but no way will we ever ever get the sort of weather needed to do that in England , you just needed a pro and con for every material and were struggling to think of a con for tarmacing so you made that hideously wrong statement , my brothers a mason paviour before you start and he clarifies that you are 100 percent wrong my friend.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:12 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
Is that you coming out with one of your total mong comments again, I didnt know you were a mason paviour doj?

What a load of absolute garbage, maybe in Rio or somewhere but no way will we ever ever get the sort of weather needed to do that in England , you just needed a pro and con for every material and were struggling to think of a con for tarmacing so you made that hideously wrong statement , my brothers a mason paviour before you start and he clarifies that you are 100 percent wrong my friend.

his reply was alot better then yours as he was right and your trying to say he was wrong