General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Couple of q's/problems ref mondeo st24

Search this Thread

Old 27-01-2010, 06:40 AM
cjwood555
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of q's/problems ref mondeo st24

hi guys,

thought it might be worth asking on here as i know a few of you have st24s...

- when reversing there is a squeaky-graunchy noise from the front n/s wheel/brake. happens warm or cold but only in reverse. any ideas? pad spring? pads and discs are in good nick and there's no vibration whilst driving/braking.

- unpredictable engine braking. seems to be related to secondaries. above 3k there's f/a engine braking, as soon as revs drop below 3k and secondaries close the car lurches as if ive put the brakes on! is this a problem or a case of adapting driving style to suit?

- heated front screen only working on drivers side. is it in two circuits like the foci or is it 100% gonna be a broken element?

- rear camber looks to be about 2deg negative (by eye). is it supposed to be like that? no knocking noises from bushes...

Just had to buy a pair of tyres due to screw-age. Hoping that the Proxes iKve ordered will improve the handling compared to the ditch-finders on there at the moment!

Is the instrument cluster on these obd? Mine has a mechanical odometer. If it is OBD/SCP then did later mk2s come with digital odos? im missing the fault code readout!

Only other question is does anybody know if it's possible to add ultrasonics to the alarm? thinking an st170 maplight + loom, but dont know if mondy uses a csm or siemens gem.

Cheers in advance!
Chris
Old 27-01-2010, 06:25 PM
cjwood555
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*bump for the evening crew*
Old 27-01-2010, 07:18 PM
mattxr3i
PassionFord Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

- when reversing there is a squeaky-graunchy noise from the front n/s wheel/brake. happens warm or cold but only in reverse. any ideas? pad spring? pads and discs are in good nick and there's no vibration whilst driving/braking. - Pads maybe sitting funny

- unpredictable engine braking. seems to be related to secondaries. above 3k there's f/a engine braking, as soon as revs drop below 3k and secondaries close the car lurches as if ive put the brakes on! is this a problem or a case of adapting driving style to suit? - Yep, as the secondaries cut out there is more engine braking

- heated front screen only working on drivers side. is it in two circuits like the foci or is it 100% gonna be a broken element? - 2 circuits

- rear camber looks to be about 2deg negative (by eye). is it supposed to be like that? no knocking noises from bushes... - best get it measured as it maybe deceiving and you have better eye sight than me if you can detect 2 degrees!