General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ear infections, is there one going around?

Search this Thread

Old 26-01-2010, 08:23 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Default ear infections, is there one going around?

my old dear had an ear infection but doc's told her it was just an inflamation, i started to get a blocked ear used otex and it's inflamed it so much i couldn't sleep last night and now i'm struggling to eat cos the hole side of my face feels swolen and sore , just wanted to no is there much of it going around, i no loads of people have colds and what not recently me included, i'v only just got over it to be greeted by this
Old 26-01-2010, 08:27 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i aint eard anything but i will keep a ear out for ya mate
Old 26-01-2010, 08:29 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

otex made my ears worse; the best thing for ears is warm olive oil

i've got a small syringe, put a small amount of olive oil in it, fill a cup with near boiling water and wait for it to warm up, stick in ear then bit of cotton wool in ear once done

works wonders
Old 26-01-2010, 08:38 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Originally Posted by mechanic28
i aint eard anything but i will keep a ear out for ya mate
ear ear don't make funnies out of my misfortune , wheres the stitches my sides are splitting.

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
otex made my ears worse; the best thing for ears is warm olive oil

i've got a small syringe, put a small amount of olive oil in it, fill a cup with near boiling water and wait for it to warm up, stick in ear then bit of cotton wool in ear once done

works wonders
yea i'v heard this before might get a syringe for when i wanna give my ears a clean out, my ears are usually good but i did have them block up a while ago and got a load of shite out of them it wasn't pretty , i think this is an infection though cos i have discharge ( it's never a nice thought) coming out my ears and they are swollen i have some antibiotics to try and clear it up i was just wondering if i was one of many like how the colds and flu have been spreading about.
Old 26-01-2010, 08:40 PM
haz87
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 178 Likes on 168 Posts

Otex is for wax build up! It will make any infections/inflammations worse
Old 26-01-2010, 08:45 PM
TOMMY_RS
SHITE!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

duno about ear infections but i no a few people with throat and eye infections, me included
Old 26-01-2010, 08:54 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Originally Posted by haz87
Otex is for wax build up! It will make any infections/inflammations worse
i no i thought it was blocked at first my old dear had been to the doc's and said she had just an inflamation then i used the otex it was fizzing like there was a load of shite in there but got worse last night so stopped using it knowing it wasn't just blocked

Originally Posted by speedy-tom
duno about ear infections but i no a few people with throat and eye infections, me included
yea everyone is i'll atm you would of thought the cold weather would of killed most of it off, my unc's work has just got a skeleton crew in atm cos so many people are off ill
Old 26-01-2010, 09:53 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sounds like the same as my boss at the mo, his face swelled up and was tld he has an ear infection! He has lost the hearing in that ear tho which is quite ironic since he took the piss out of me....im deaf in one ear so its quite good now i can get my own back on him!!

i dread to think if i get an infection in my hearing ear! :s could put me in a rather bad position...

x
Old 26-01-2010, 10:42 PM
burnzy
burnzy

lol cheers for that caz i really wanted to no i had a chance of going deaf is it tempoary or has he damaged his ear drum, the doc's said my drum is ok it's my outer ear but still hurts like fook to do most things with my face like eating and talking but most people would think that was a good thing .

must of just been carma for your boss taking the piss .

i'v just had a constant ringing such a pain.
Old 26-01-2010, 10:56 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeh should just be temporary for him! unfortunately its permanent for me

constant ringing could be caused by the infection...but if it carries on thats the signs of "tinnitus" so make sure you keep an eye on that, altho tinnitus isn't curable it is possible to have help with tablets!

and yer its great now he knows how i feel 24/7 he shouldn't take the piss no more

x
Old 26-01-2010, 11:04 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i got one in turkey before, often caugt in swimming pools etc when havnt enough clorene
Old 26-01-2010, 11:08 PM
burnzy
burnzy

not good on your ear, atleast you still have hearing though, albeit a bit disorientating a times i bet .

but i might have slight tinitus but i got it the last time i had slight swelling to the ear, my job don't help cos i can do alot of drilling but nearly always wear ear protectors, i think clubs are the worst thing for my ears but look a bit of a plum in a normal club with my rave plugs in .

and yea have you been making him repeat himself loads by pretending you haven't heard him i bet payback was good
Old 26-01-2010, 11:10 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Originally Posted by rst in breaking
i got one in turkey before, often caugt in swimming pools etc when havnt enough clorene
i'v caught mine off my mom but she's also passed it onto my sister
Old 27-01-2010, 06:01 AM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles
not good on your ear, atleast you still have hearing though, albeit a bit disorientating a times i bet .

but i might have slight tinitus but i got it the last time i had slight swelling to the ear, my job don't help cos i can do alot of drilling but nearly always wear ear protectors, i think clubs are the worst thing for my ears but look a bit of a plum in a normal club with my rave plugs in .

and yea have you been making him repeat himself loads by pretending you haven't heard him i bet payback was good
yeh can be a bit of a nightmare...hearing a sound not knowing what it is, and not always hearing people properly! accents are a nightmare...face to face is ok most the time cos lip reading can help but on the phone lmfao that can be quite funny but annoying! lol

haha could just imagine seeing someone walkin round ya run of the mill high street club with rave plugs in lmfao

and dont worry he is repeating everything!! EVERYTHING!! lmfao sadly most the time its cos i haven't heard him but still funny all the same!!

x
Old 27-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Titanium Kev

I used Otex and it perforated my ear drum.