General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Contact lenses?

Search this Thread

Old 22-01-2010, 11:44 AM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wirralphil
i change the fluid every 2 days. i clean then and rinse just before i put them in my eyes not before.
Do you leave the solution in the containers while you have ur contacts in then?? I was told, take the lenses out, clean them, rinse the container, new solution, contacts in the container, then when you next out the contacts in, emoty the container and leave to dry naturally
Old 22-01-2010, 11:55 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the 1st day yes but when i change the fluid i rinse it with a little soution 1st then let it dry with air.

Protein builds up if left more than 2 days (the solution goes misty) Done this for nearly 10 years and not had a problem.
Old 22-01-2010, 12:05 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

I used to wear contacts, but gave up with them in the end. I used to get bad hayfever and in the summer my eyes were always bloodshot and swollen up. Optician said its the pollen getting between the lens and my eye, which is not ideal!!

I gave up with them in the end, but I am tempted to try them again. My sister has worn them for years, and has never had a problem, so its all down to the individual.

Give them a go for sure!
Old 22-01-2010, 05:39 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich170
I used to wear contacts, but gave up with them in the end. I used to get bad hayfever and in the summer my eyes were always bloodshot and swollen up. Optician said its the pollen getting between the lens and my eye, which is not ideal!!

I gave up with them in the end, but I am tempted to try them again. My sister has worn them for years, and has never had a problem, so its all down to the individual.

Give them a go for sure!
i find that they really help stop pollen affecting the eyes in the first place. those and wrap around sunglasses help no-end
Old 22-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Frenchy0204
Get to tha choppa!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have hay fever too, but I get tablets when summer comes that I take once a day. This stops my hay fever from starting then.

Thanks for answering my question about the solution.

Oh, and another tip that may work for the OP. If you find putting the contact lense on your pupil too uncomfortable, try lining the contact up with outside part of your eye, then look to the left or right so alot of the white part is exposed, then place it on. The white part is less sensitive.
Old 22-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

those of u who wear the 30day ones, do u find ur eyes a bit dry in the morning and have to wet them a bit first thing?!

I do for some reason, plus my opticial reccomended that even thou their supposed 2 be 30day constant use its best to take them out more often than that just to give ur eyes a bit of fresh air etc and a breather from wearing them!!