General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

SQL Introduction Courses Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010 | 12:15 PM
smithy20vt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default SQL Introduction Courses Help

Just wondering if anyone works using SQL and preferably if anyone has been on any training courses related to it? If so, who did you do your training with?

The reason that I ask is that are current Database is just set up using Access!! We are looking to migrate over to SQL with Crystal Reporting .

For people who use SQL is it a good area to look to train for career prospects?

Thanks,

Neil
Old 12-01-2010 | 12:23 PM
It's Czech Mate

Yep using crystal on SQL is a good way to go and a good area to train in, plenty of jobs. Depends what your career aspirations are tho as to whether its the way you want to go
Old 12-01-2010 | 01:36 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It's a good thing to do, crytal reports can be a cunt somethimes though!!
Old 12-01-2010 | 02:07 PM
smithy20vt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Thanks for the replies basically at present we use a system called Mars running basically as a Scheduling System with an Access Data base running the queries.

At present we have almost a gig of data running through there and we are having database issue with stability which were were expecting to be honest.

What i have been asked to look at migration options and training on the choosen system then migrate the Database...

Steep learning curve for me but good all the same...

Have I overlooked any other possible solutions?? I know that sounds a bit of a wide statement but is there any other options similar to SQL

I have identified SQL so far is it looks far more robust than what we currently use but also the benefit to me with the Training and future employment options

Last edited by smithy20vt; 12-01-2010 at 02:08 PM.